Avatar image for cyberkryptonian
cyberkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cyberkryptonian

In I think it was a batwing issue I spotted the prototype to the batman beyond suit and noticed how batwing's new suit is so similiar then saw batman wear a stealth suit in superman unchained. I'm wondering is batman beyond cannon at all in new 52 or pre-new 52?

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Batman Beyond is not canon.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't think beyond is cannon in anything (besides the animated universe).

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not cannon but Batman is making a Batman Beyond Suit

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dayvid3

Is anything set in the future ever considered canon?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

according to Morrison's future timeline there is a Terry McGinnis operating in a Batman Beyond suit in the future with Damian acting as his mentor but the thing is that since Damian died that timeline can't possibly be the New 52 future....but to answer your question the Batman Beyond animated series and the current comic are the future of the DC Animated Universe that was depicted in Superman: TAS, Batman: TAS, JL, JLU, and the Static Shock series

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I suppose you could say it's canon for the Batman Beyond future, the way Miguel O'Hara was canon for the 2099 future. I guess it's almost like a separate universe.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose you could say it's canon for the Batman Beyond future, the way Miguel O'Hara was canon for the 2099 future. I guess it's almost like a separate universe.

There is no mention of Terry in the canon Batman comics to my knowledge, but 2099 Spiderman is in the actual canon series of Spiderman.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@granitesoldier said:

There is no mention of Terry in the canon Batman comics to my knowledge, but 2099 Spiderman is in the actual canon series of Spiderman.

Ah, I just assumed it was like 2099 and the universe just "fast futured". Never read Beyond (tv show was boss) but I read 2099 so that's why I assumed it was similar.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#10 The Poet  Moderator

I don't think beyond is cannon in anything (besides the animated universe).

and even then we have some inconsistencies like having the bodies of two robins and nightwing appear in Bruce's dream (don't ask me issue...i'd have to look that up) even though we know Jason Todd didn't exist in the animated universe and Damian seems questionable for that second robin...

but I suppose that in any comic there are inconsistencies...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#11 The Poet  Moderator

yeah, considering we have characters in the the Beyond comics who don't exist the same way in the regular comics now (Shazam and Wally inhabit that universe somehow though how is a little complicated with multiple heroes in one character) or like Nightwing is still blue.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan said:

@granitesoldier said:

Ah, I just assumed it was like 2099 and the universe just "fast futured". Never read Beyond (tv show was boss) but I read 2099 so that's why I assumed it was similar.

Batman Beyond was and still is my favorite cartoon.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it and if it did they would just say it happened on earth 2 like Legion did

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not. At some point i'm sure it was, whenever a certain story in the present featured it, but future events are changing all the time in comics and slowly, if they're popular, just become alternate earths/elseworlds.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

ImTheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be cannon, be nice.

Avatar image for cyberkryptonian
cyberkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks everyone. i was rather confused and re-read everything to see if it was cannon or not. thanks!