Is "Batman beats anyone with prep" really a popular opinion?

• 58 results
Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I was reading the Unpopular Opinion thread in the battle section a lot of the posts were people saying they think he's overrated with prep. I was wondering where did this myth that everyone thinks Batman is unstoppable with prep come from? How is saying Batman is overrated an unpopular opinion when more than half the forum seems to think so? The opposite seems true I read someone say "Batman can't beat anyone even with prep" and that he would struggle with street levelers with prep. That seems to be the real common Batman prep opinion around here lately.

From what I've seen most people don't think he's a unstoppable Reed level prep God. A vocal minority and some trolls aside I don't really see anyone blowing his prep capabilities out of proportion. If you were to make a battle thread pitting Batman against someone much stronger than him like Superman, Thor or Flash the majority will call it spite. Same thing if you put him up against someone smarter like Reed, Doom, Stark, etc.

A real unpopular opinion would be if someone said they thought Batman could beat Reed or Doom. So is this idea that everyone thinks Batman can beat anyone with prep just people blowing a vocal minorities opinion out of proportion?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually seem to believe it, and people who hardly read comics as well as more versified peoples.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's an opinion/joke when glorified fanboys have their hands in their pants because they see Batman has a huge amount of prep is a thread. :P

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually seem to believe it, and people who hardly read comics as well as more versified peoples.

People who don't read comics don't even know what prep is though. I don't know why people take what non comic book fans say so seriously. They pick who would win in a fight mostly on who they like most so they should be ignored when it comes to who'd win in a fight. Besides I mean among actual comic book reading fans outside of a few most don't think that. It's like how Aquaman is hated and mocked by people who don't read comics but those who do know he's a badass. I surely can't be the only one who notices the majority of comic book fans think Batman is overrated.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea its a popular because when you think smart first who comes to mind is batman. Then the real people start coming in. I also like to belive batman is a god with prep because batman repersents the best of humanity. When i think batman i always think that batman is the only person relatable. Becasue he migt be rich or insane durability or way to strong to be human but at the end of the day he drinks and has sex. And he is one of the only people who dont have to keep the whole i want to appeal to the masses. But unlike reed he isnt a flesh and blood person. He is a symbol. I think he said it best

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can’t do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I’m flesh and blood; I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol… as a symbol I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god that sounded corny....

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Saren

"Batman is overrated" is one of those things people can safely say on the forums without sounding like they don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about. Invariably they don't, and if you prod slightly it will quickly become apparent that they're just as clueless as the people they're criticizing, but when the entire thread is filled with similar people, none of them are going to call out any of the others. Batman gets overrated and underrated for various aspects of his character, just like every other hero or villain debated on the forums.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea its a popular because when you think smart first who comes to mind is batman. Then the real people start coming in. I also like to belive batman is a god with prep because batman repersents the best of humanity. When i think batman i always think that batman is the only person relatable. Becasue he migt be rich or insane durability or way to strong to be human but at the end of the day he drinks and has sex. And he is one of the only people who dont have to keep the whole i want to appeal to the masses. But unlike reed he isnt a flesh and blood person. He is a symbol. I think he said it best

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can’t do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I’m flesh and blood; I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol… as a symbol I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."

Careful with saying you think he's relatable. People are going to say how can a ninja billionaire genius be relatable. When really most comic book characters aren't relatable because of their powers and skills.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

No, I use it as a joke.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Well yea when i say relateable i mean he isn't a plastic man or a man whose pure goal is to conquer the world. He is a more down to earth prep god.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Atomikill_

People have said Batman was over-rated for so long he is starting to be under-rated.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People have said Batman was over-rated for so long he is starting to be under-rated.

Yep. People have gone so overboard with saying he's overrated that he's actually become a little underrated on the internet.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: As a Batman fan, it kinda bothers me. Because while I don't want him to be over-rated, I don't want him to be under the bar either...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a joke to poke fun at fanboys

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: As a Batman fan, it kinda bothers me. Because while I don't want him to be over-rated, I don't want him to be under the bar either...

Me too, I don't want or expect people to start thinking he can beat Galactus or anything crazy like that but I do feel he gets underrated a little too much.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem I used to have was that people would give Bats prep, and not take into account that their opponent could prep to.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

No,it is not. People don't use it that much because they know that prep isn't everything in a Batman battle. If he has a slight amount of time to prep himself against Galactus he would practically lose,he would lose almost every time when he has prep only if it is not more than a few months. A rather popular battle opinion is that "Batman is overrated". People use it so much that Batman actually gets pretty underrated,no matter how good of a feats you post or how good of an argument you make if someone says that Batman is overrated they wouldn't change their mind for no single reason. And trust me, it is quite annoying.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#23 vance_astro  Moderator
SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: "Careful with saying you think he's relatable. People are going to say how can a ninja billionaire genius be relatable. When really most comic book characters aren't relatable because of their powers and skills."

I would disagree, pretty much any character from comics is/can be relatable if you know the character well enough.

For example, people tend to say(a lot) that Galactus is not relatable, but try actually looking at the character, past the surface, he's a loner, who is essentially ruled by a part of his personality that he can't control, i.e. his hunger. Pretty much anyone with a mental condition(ADHD, Paranoid Schizophrenia, OCD, Clinical Depression, etc.) can relate to that(at least the latter part, if not the part about being a loner).

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The majority use it as a joke, including me.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By JakeN7
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a goto for Batwankers everywhere!! @Wenjun-Chew I'm looking dead at you!!

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@transformers1024: stop tattling like a 3 year old.

I'm a huge Batman homer and even I don't believe that. He could have 2 lifetimes worth of prep and he's not taking down someone like Thor who doesn't have any weaknesses.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No, but Batman is very good with prep and probably could beat a lot of characters who overpower him with prep.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is amazing, and most writers have used his prep skills and superior knowledge with imagination over the years. Its just funny when people pit him in a battle against thor, galactus,and thanos an give batman 1 year of prep. Morals off, and whoever is fighting batman has half their powers removed to try to make it fair. Its either spite or plain lack of imagination. Give batman someone to team up with. Theres no shame in batman teaming up to take down a foe.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HumanRocket
Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can't beat Dexter if they both had equal prep and Dee Dee doesn't interfere

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Isn't this just a running internet joke? Didn't know anyone took it for real.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XiiX

No.

The only people that generally don't shut up about it are either joking AKA making fun of the very few people who do, or lazily trying to come across as "in the know" when most of them barely even know sh!t about him, except that "everyone overrates him, hez not gawd".

It's basically the same reason people didn't shut up about how much Justin Bieber or Twilight suck(ed): It's a totally non-controversial and easy way to garner cool-points by jock-riding an overwhelmingly popular opinion by pretending it's unpopular.

My, how brave.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Superguy1591

With Prep, Batman can travel to the source wall and become Bat-God.

Real world translation for Batman with prep should be retitled "How can I make Batman win".

Any memeber of the JL, with prep, could solo the league if they're unsuspecting towards an attack.

Don't know why people think Batman is special because Ra's Al Ghul did it with PIS plans.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Prep, Batman can travel to the source wall and become Bat-God.

Real world translation for Batman with prep should be retitled "How can I make Batman win".

Any memeber of the JL, with prep, could solo the league if they're unsuspecting towards an attack.

Don't know why people think Batman is special because Ra's Al Ghul did it with PIS plans.

QFT. Excellent way of putting it.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: No...but, how about a sucker punch?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@experio said:

The majority use it as a joke, including me.

Pretty much this

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Ha, dark type moves aren't effective against me!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Since when are you a plant type? 0.0

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HumanRocket

@ostyo: Aren't plant type Pokemon unaffected by Dark Pokemon moves? Have I've been gone from Pokemon too long that I don't remember?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Oh Grass types! I wasn't sure if you were talking about something else lol, but no they both damage each other normally.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Damn it I've been playing Yu-gi-Oh for too long. In that game we call grass types Plants.