• 57 results
#1 Posted by waezi2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

It sure as hell isn't a good one, but I have seen worse.

It's one of my guilty pleasures.

#2 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#3 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes it was that bad. Bat tits, Bat Credit Card, Mr Freeze Puns ... That's barely scratching the surface of how terrible that movie was

#4 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it was the throwback (to Adam West Batman) that no one really expected or wanted.

#5 Posted by waezi2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes it was that bad. Bat tits, Bat Credit Card, Mr Freeze Puns ... That's barely scratching the surface of how terrible that movie was

@farkam said:

I feel like it was the throwback (to Adam West Batman) that no one really expected or wanted.

Yes we did (expected it, that is)! What, you gonna claim that BMF was a masterpiece?

#6 Posted by kyrees (6201 posts) - - Show Bio

it has a campy feeling that feels too forced with all those puns.

#7 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: still a little better than BMAR

#8 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Why would I claim that BMF was a master piece? B&R was absolute cheese while BMF at least had some serious and dark elements. I'm saying that they are nothing a like in cheese content.

#9 Edited by waezi2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it was, and I rewatched it on TV a few weeks ago and I came into it thinking "ok well maybe if I watch it like a comedy" but the movie still didn't do anything for me. I think that if you want to watch a light-hearted, campy Batman, put on the Brave and the Bold.

The only good thing that came out of Batman & Robin was that it brought to my attention that Alicia Silverstone back in the day would have been the perfect Stephanie Brown.

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

bat credit card

bwahahahaa

#12 Posted by HumanRocket (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

I was like 8 or 9 years old when the film came out and I liked it. If you were my age when the film came out your know what these are and how you would get them.

#13 Posted by waezi2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by HumanRocket (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

We actually had them in Denmark.

NICE! I still have a couple of them somewhere in my room. Good times...gooood times.

#15 Edited by DarthAznable (8138 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by SanoHibiki (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo:

I came into it thinking "ok well maybe if I watch it like a comedy" but the movie still didn't do anything for me

Managed it from the the very first time, still getting a good laught when I see B&R.

#17 Edited by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

I did like this movie when I was a kid, I fell asleep in theaters when I went to go see it though.

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (45578 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Dernman (15715 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (45578 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheCannon (19422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it was. George Clooney as Batman, bat nipples, the bad credit card, all of Mr. Freeze's lines being ice puns, the sing along at his headquarters, the stupid designs of the costumes and vehicles, a terrible portrayal of Bane (really everyone, but especially Bane), etc. And we're barely even getting started by saying what's wrong with this movie.

That said, I still like it. I just find it so bad that it's awesome.

#23 Edited by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a teenager when this movie came out, so I was old enough to see just how sh!t this movie was and still is. It is offensively bad. Has everyone heard how Clooney has a poster of that movie up in his office as a constant reminder to not let a paycheck convince him to make garbage?

The only thing worth seeing in that movie is Alicia Silverstone suit up and you can just go to YouTube for that.

#24 Edited by RustyRoy (13905 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it when I was a kid, haven't watched it for many years but I have a feeling I won't like it now. Btw Amazing Spider-Man 2 kind of reminded me off Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

#25 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12589 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

I was a teenager when this movie came out, so I was old enough to see just how sh!t this movie was and still is. It is offensively bad. Has everyone heard how Clooney has a poster of that movie up in his office as a constant reminder to not let a paycheck convince him to make garbage?

The only thing worth seeing in that movie is Alicia Silverstone suit up and you can just go to YouTube for that.

I think this just made my day.

#26 Edited by Edamame (28375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually quite hilarious. :)

#27 Posted by SupBatz (1848 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Batman Forever was worse. At least you can chuckle at how bad Batman and Robin was. Batman Forever puts simultaneously manages to make me sigh in exasperation and fall asleep while watching.

#28 Posted by TheCannon (19422 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

I thought Batman Forever was worse. At least you can chuckle at how bad Batman and Robin was. Batman Forever puts simultaneously manages to make me sigh in exasperation and fall asleep while watching.

You've earned a follow from me.

#29 Edited by zaied (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Robin was meant to be terrible. They weren't trying to be serious and dark like the Burton films. It was always going to be a cheesy and over-the-top experience.

#30 Posted by daredevil21134 (12642 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Batman Forever but Batman and Robin was pretty bad but I liked a lot of the action in the movie. I don't like a light Batman any more than I like a light Daredevil

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (15439 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaied said:

Batman and Robin was meant to be terrible. They weren't trying to be serious and dark like the Burton films. It was always going to be a cheesy and over-the-top experience.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard,you think Schumacher loves having his name attached to that movie? or that the producers spent millions of dollars on a flop project intentionally?

Batman and Robin was a terrible movie that almost destroyed Batman, we can laugh about it now but I assure you there was nothing funny back then.

#32 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@life_without_progress:

lol... very true. YES YES YES... it's the biggest turd movie I've ever seen... not that I've ever been able to sit through a complete viewing, honestly.

#33 Posted by zaied (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaied said:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard,you think Schumacher loves having his name attached to that movie? or that the producers spent millions of dollars on a flop project intentionally?

Batman and Robin was a terrible movie that almost destroyed Batman, we can laugh about it now but I assure you there was nothing funny back then.

I was clearly speaking figuratively. The movie was basically along the lines of the 1960s Batman which worked back then but wasn't what people were looking for 30 years later after the perception of the character had changed.

Like I said, it was cheesy, corny, and over-the-top. Why they wanted to go that route in the first place is anyone's guess, especially after Batman Forever.

#34 Posted by Skyfire (760 posts) - - Show Bio

People make the argument that if viewed as a comedy it is tolerable. But is that what the franchise needed or the fans wanted?

No. It wasn't. It doesn't even work as a comedy. It is seriously a terrible film and thank god Batman Begins got it right and saved the character film wise.

#35 Posted by comicace3 (6585 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes

#36 Posted by Wolfrazer (7679 posts) - - Show Bio

/Shrugs

I enjoyed it, people have different tastes after all.

#37 Edited by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

It was absolutely terrible.

#38 Posted by Jayc1324 (13429 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't take it seriously its really funny to laugh at. Definitely entertaining. Not really a good movie though. Have seen worse. Much much worse.

#39 Posted by TehStranger (875 posts) - - Show Bio

It's as bad as everyone's been saying and more.

#40 Posted by waezi2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Jayc1324 (13429 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: well that was still critically acclaimed but if that's what you think

#42 Posted by waezi2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: It has plot-holes that could sink Titanic, and I giggled with my friends in the cinema because of Bane's voice.

#43 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6461 posts) - - Show Bio

Its so bad it becomes hilarious.

#44 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Jayc1324 (13429 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: eh, the plot holes weren't that bad. I do understand laughing at the voices though

#46 Posted by Xwraith (21417 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a very entertaining movie...

...for all the wrong reasons.

#47 Posted by ImmortalOne (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not? Heresy! Heresy!

#48 Posted by Aros001 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that when you're a kid it's a better movie. It seems a bit similar to the way people feel about the Star Wars prequels: when you're a kid growing up with them, you're not bothered by some of the stuff that gets people who grew up with the prequels only so pissy. The same rule could be applied to Batman and Robin in a way (not as well but still close).

I found I liked Mr. Freeze more than Batman in that movie though.

#49 Edited by Ryagan (2016 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's at least as bad as everyone says it is. It's good for a couple laughs because of how absurdly bad it is, but other than that, it's painful to watch. It can be interesting to watch, though, because, as I've said before on Comic Vine, literally every second of the movie is an all-out suck-fest.

#50 Edited by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

Liked it when I was a kid, and now seeing it again I question myself why I did liked it.

But I have a question....why was there no bat nipples on Batgirl?