Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Question about characters in the DBZ universe ? Orignal title Is Android 17 a good guy or bad guy ?

• 87 results
    Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Hello there I was playing dbz HD collection for my xbox360 ànd I kind of like android 17 and wondering if he is good are bad ? I know he starts of bad like 18 but I really don't know that much about 17. So can someone please help ? Oh bonus question is Uub and kid buu really the same person ?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aros001

Android 17, to my knowledge, becomes a park ranger (and no, that's not just a DBZ Abridged reference, it actually happened and Team Four Star based the joke on that) and seems to be leaving people alone, so he's a good guy in that he has a lot of power and is not trying to kill people like the other bad guys in DBZ.

As for Uub, he is the reincarnation of Kid Buu after the evil was cleansed from his soul (which was apparently pretty easy to do considering we never hear of any problems from him after his death). So technically, no, Uub is a different person from Kid Buu.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@aros001: OK that solves the Uub thing but I heard that 17 became a super 17 and when on a murderer rampage ?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
    The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 actually became good, though he spent the rest of his life in obscurity. I believe it was in GT, or maybe it was during the Buu saga, they showed him as a park ranger who was forcing some people to give their energy to Goku for the spirit bomb.

@kid_omega_prime Dr. Gero and Dr. Mieu built another Android 17 in Hell and had it fuse with the one on Earth.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime
    Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: no he wanted to combine with the other 17 but all of GT is non canon so it's a completely different universe

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only reason I see that he became good or just neutral is because everyone grew stronger than him. So he didn't want to die. He's basically a slimy snake.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only reason I see that he became good or just neutral is because everyone grew stronger than him. So he didn't want to die. He's basically a slimy snake.

That

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: no he wanted to combine with the other 17 but all of GT is non canon so it's a completely different universe

what GT is non canon whats your proof ? I thought GT picked up right after DBZ ? Goku destroys Buu the he becomes Uub then he is trained by goku to become a great fighter the we fast forward to DBGT after Uub's training ?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not really. He wanted to be on his own so he became a park ranger.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what GT is non canon whats your proof ? I thought GT picked up right after DBZ ? Goku destroys Buu the he becomes Uub then he is trained by goku to become a great fighter the we fast forward to DBGT after Uub's training ?

GT is non canon now because of super, BoG and RoF

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs:GT was never canon.

@kid_omega_prime: Main continuity17 was never as evil as future trunks' timeline 17, though definitely not a good guy, he along with 16 & 18 let the Z-fighters live after being attacked by them. After being revived he became a park ranger as was said, but we never knew much more about him, weird that we never see him visiting his twin sister.

Bonus: His name is Lapis, while 18's name is Lazuli.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

It is considered non-canon because the author of Dragon Ball had nothing to do with it, unlike Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and Dragon Ball Super.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

Besides Toriyama calling an alternate reality, the last 3 movies, some video games and Dragon Ball Super?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Cell saga 17 seems pretty neutral IMO, tho he was showing holding up two guys so they would give their energy to Goku for the spirit bomb...but that was for a good cause lol so I am rolling with neutral. If you count GT I still believe he was good/neutral until Myuu and Gero got involved.

Uub is just a good reincarnation of kid Buu, so technically they are the same but they are pretty different, but I guess that's the point of him being reincarnated as a good person.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say he was chaotic neutral. But once he realised he could never kill goku and would have to fight 18 he just retired and became a park ranger due to his love of guns.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK a quick off the topic question. Are future trunks and regular trunks the same or are they different people ? Like if kid trunks gets killed then will future trunks fade away ?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: yes and no. Timelines don't run with each other in DBZ. Like if trunks were to die future trunks would continue to live on because he is not part of that timeline.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: well if that's the case then it would make no difference if bulma and vegeta got together then because by that logic future trunks would still exist if kid trunks did not.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: he wouldn't disappear but he wouldn't want to make himself not to be born in that time line would he

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: remember when trunks and krillin killed cell while he was an embryo. Cell was still there.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@kid_omega_prime: remember when trunks and krillin killed cell while he was an embryo. Cell was still there.

i never saw that one. I get most of my dbz info from the games. oh by the way ever thought that maybe db super is a prequel to dbgt ?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: it's not GT is non canon in the first place and super is meant to discredit GT. Especially with divine ki and super saiyan God which never made an appearance in GT

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Park Rangers are evil, just saw one try to kill a smarter than a average bear.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@kid_omega_prime: it's not GT is non canon in the first place and super is meant to discredit GT. Especially with divine ki and super saiyan God which never made an appearance in GT

ok so dbgt is complety seprate from Z ? or is it like the first db universe goes to super after the buu saga and the second universe goes to gt after there buu saga ?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: dbgt is comepletely ire livens at this point. Super saiyan 4, super 17, the shadow dragons, etc no longer exist.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@theman44 said:

@kid_omega_prime: dbgt is comepletely ire livens at this point. Super saiyan 4, super 17, the shadow dragons, etc no longer exist.

what oh no I liked super saiyan 4

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: so is pan still in it or dose she not exist in the universe anymore ?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheMan44
    kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyrees

@theman44 said:

@kid_omega_prime: no akira made here cannon in super

young pan was already canon by end of dragonball manga just like young uub

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I don think the last two episodes of. Are cannon anymor

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: well I still thinks it would be a good idea to still count gt. Like it could take place after super. The it would be DBZ, DBS then DBGT.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kyrees

@theman44 said:

@kyrees: I don think the last two episodes of. Are cannon anymor

except the last two episodes of dragonball z appeared in the dragonball manga and they are the last two issue of the manga. they are not filler material and super, RoF, and BoG has not done anything to indicate they are not canon since all three current releases of dragonball still occurs between the time skip of defeating of kid buu and 28th world martial arts tournament where pan and uub join the participants

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He needs to become a main Z fighter more useful than 90% of them anyway.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I'm saying I think those were retconed because for one Goku is not wearing his new outfit from Whis and symbol of Whis. Also super saiyan God did not exist when that part of the magna.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kyrees

@theman44 said:

I'm saying I think those were retconed because for one Goku is not wearing his new outfit from Whis and symbol of Whis. Also super saiyan God did not exist when that part of the magna.

clothes inconsistency was never a significant argument in disputing canon because of how it can easily redrawn back accordingly. storywise, the events of the 28th world martial arts tournament still fits in the narrative because goku never went beyond the basic aura form in battle and the current retelling hasn't gone past that point of the story. there's enough leeway to consider that all three current materials of dragonball hasn't invalidated the last parts of the original manga.

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Android 17 still goes around murdering people. He just does it low key because he knows the z-fighters would fuck him up if they got win to it. He's evil.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@theman44: what's the super saiyan god ? A new character or new transformation ?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought he died LOL.

It's been a long time since I've watched that show.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheMan44

@kid_omega_prime: it WAS an new transformation but Goku absorbed that power and make it his base form. He needed it to fight beerus who murderstomped a super saiyan 3 Goku with a flick to the head and a shoulder chop.

Super saiyan God is a potential universe buster by feats and statement alone.

Goku mastered this transformation under the training of Whis who is beerus master and later on to the power even further by transforming into a "super saiyan god super saiyan" later to be renamed super saiyan blue. Vegeta has also obtained this new power.

Key things you need to know about super saiyan God and super saiyan blue

- they use divine ki which is very different to regular ki. Divine ki is the only way you stand a chance against gods like beerus and Champa his brother.

- vegeta and Goku are still no where near beerus power. Whis compared the gap between their power and beerus power to a small tree and a tree the size of Mount Everest.

- gods have a healing factor. Gokus got stabbed in the chest by beerus and managed to hell himself and beers got cut by Goku and managed to heal himself.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@kid_omega_prime: it WAS an new transformation but Goku absorbed that power and make it his base form. He needed it to fight beerus who murderstomped a super saiyan 3 Goku with a flick to the head and a shoulder chop.

Super saiyan God is a potential universe buster by feats and statement alone.

Goku mastered this transformation under the training of Whis who is beerus master and later on to the power even further by transforming into a "super saiyan god super saiyan" later to be renamed super saiyan blue. Vegeta has also obtained this new power.

Key things you need to know about super saiyan God and super saiyan blue

- they use divine ki which is very different to regular ki. Divine ki is the only way you stand a chance against gods like beerus and Champa his brother.

- vegeta and Goku are still no where near beerus power. Whis compared the gap between their power and beerus power to a small tree and a tree the size of Mount Everest.

- gods have a healing factor. Gokus got stabbed in the chest by beerus and managed to hell himself and beers got cut by Goku and managed to heal himself.

oh wow that's awesome ? well is it possible that db super and dbgt are two seprate universes that branch of after the buu saga ?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: in order to explain this to you I need to explain the dragonball

-their are twelve universes

-each universe has a twin universe depending on their number.

-the z fighters we all know and love live in universe 7

- the twin universe to universe 7 is universe 6 and both are very similar

-the Earth in universe 6 was destroyed during a civil war resulting in the death of the z fighters living in universe 6. That mean the z fighter don't exist in universe 6 anymore and vegeta for all we know is still serving frieza.

- so the Z fighters In universe 7 are one of a kind in the twelve universes.

So sorry GT isn't happening. It would be nice to see super saiyan blue Godstomp super saiyan 4

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@kid_omega_prime: in order to explain this to you I need to explain the dragonball

-their are twelve universes

-each universe has a twin universe depending on their number.

-the z fighters we all know and love live in universe 7

- the twin universe to universe 7 is universe 6 and both are very similar

-the Earth in universe 6 was destroyed during a civil war resulting in the death of the z fighters living in universe 6. That mean the z fighter don't exist in universe 6 anymore and vegeta for all we know is still serving frieza.

- so the Z fighters In universe 7 are one of a kind in the twelve universes.

So sorry GT isn't happening. It would be nice to see super saiyan blue Godstomp super saiyan 4

do you have pages or scans of the dragonball universes ? oh about the gt stuff taking place on say universe 5 or 8 ? or two universe 7's the main one that gose to super after the buu saga and the other gose to gt after that one ?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheMan44

@kid_omega_prime:

http://www.mangareader.net/dragon-ball-super/5

Whis explains it. Their are only two earths in dragonball. One of them was destroyed.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: Wich one was destroyed ? By the way I found this on the dragon Ball wiki

The seventh universe (第7宇宙, dai 7 uchū) is the seventh of twelve universes in the Dragon Ball series, it includes planets, stars, galaxies (銀河, ginga), the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy. This universe is where the entirety of the Dragon Ball series takes place, except for the Sixth Universe Saga in Dragon Ball Super.

The God of Destruction of the seventh universe is Beerus, and the emperor of the seventh universe is Frieza.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheMan44

@otaconmgs: the universe 6 earth was destroyed by war.

Um hey... can I... Can I speak with u for a second

(Walks out the room)

You umm.. Kind have called me out there and I don't think that was called for. Kind of.. Kind of one upped me there don't you think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.