• 101 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Aaron Taylor-Johnson may go from a teen in wetsuit to a mutant speedster. According to The Wrap, the Kick-Asslead is the frontrunner to play as Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver in TheAvengers 2.Director Joss Whedon has previously confirmed Scarlet Witch will also be added to the roster for the massively anticipated sequel, however there's no word yet on who is being considered for that role.

No Caption Provided

When it comes to character rights, both Fox and Marvel Studios are allowed to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in their films. After Whedon confirmed he'll be including the duo, director Bryan Singer announced via Twitter that Quicksilver will be in X-Men: Days of Future Past as well. Oddly enough, he'll be played be Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Kick-Ass co-star, Evan Peters.

Pietro being in Fox's film makes sense since he's Magneto's son (who knows if he will be in the film, though), but the siblings worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. in The Ultimates, have history with the Avengers in the 616 universe and it's safe to say Whedon will take good care of them, too. What do you think of the situation and potential casting, Viners?

Source: The Wrap

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

pfft mutants characters for mutant movies

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was hoping Fox using Quicksilver would back Whedon off of using him and Scarlet Witch. I really don't want them in the MCU. At least, not ahead of Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Wasp, Ant-Man, etc.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Isn't Kick-Ass already connected to Marvel? It's like casting the Human Torch as Captain Americ...wait!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I like Aaron Johnson, so this is fine with me. If he ends up playing Quicksilver, it'd be pretty hilarious, considering Evan Peters was also in Kick-Ass.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically he wont be playing Quicksliver since Marvel cant use that name

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@themanintheshoe said:

Isn't Kick-Ass already connected to Marvel? It's like casting the Human Torch as Captain Americ...wait!

He's from an imprint of Marvel yes.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Mucklefluga

I wish the duo weren't in Avengers 2 :(

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

There are so many better characters they can use. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver should stay with Fox.

However, Aaron Johnson would be a good Quicksilver.

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

he's not too young?

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am in agreement with this. Especially given all the other Avengers characters they could use. Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Wonder Man, etc.

Holuntron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, but Joss was correct in his interview on Fallon when he said too many of the Avengers just have "punchy powers." I am usually against any mutant being involved with the Avengers but if I were to pick an exception I would definitely go with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They were a staple with the Avengers long enough for them to matter just as much there as on the X-Men. Additionally, this introduces the possibility of characters such as Ultron and Vision to appear in future films. As of right now, the only real problem I see is that it would be entirely illogical and probably confusing to have two different screen portrayals of Quicksilver simultaneously, especially considering they will almost certainly need different back stories.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

who said that they can't use the name?

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SolthesunGod

Don't get me wrong I enjoy looking at Aaron Johnston but I don't think he's talented enough to play someone as complex as Quicksilver. If Saoirse Ronan does end up being the Scarlet Witch and they make both the twins Irish then I doubly hope they don't cast Johnston. His accent Irish is terrible.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
Holuntron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I am in agreement with this. Especially given all the other Avengers characters they could use. Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Wonder Man, etc.

Ms. Marvel would probably get my vote out of those. The other two are great, too, though. I really just do not want to see the films become like the comics where there are too many characters entering and exiting for any of it to matter. Eventually we will get to the point of three different Avengers movies with three different teams all coming out in one summer along with a few dozen standalone character films. This is the current problem I see with Marvel's film "Phases". The standalone movies were supposed to be the build and the Avengers to be the payoff. Of course, since The Avengers made so much money it is now only the "beginning" of more movies, meaning there will continually be build and build and build with no foreseeable payoff thanks to Marvel's need for even MORE money. It recalls to me just a few too many scary visions of the Comic Book Crash of the 90's, only in Comic Book Movie form...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

Hollywood Reporter

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Hollywood Reporter

do you possibly have a link to that? The only thing I've been able to find on their site doesn't mention anything about that and other sites all just say that they can't use mutants or Magneto

Flash1777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to be honest i'm interested in seeing a speedster on the big screen cause if marvel can pull it off im sure dc should be able to for the flash plus I really like quicksilver not a fan of scarlet witch though

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good with this choice wonder how the white hair thing will work.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping Fox using Quicksilver would back Whedon off of using him and Scarlet Witch. I really don't want them in the MCU. At least, not ahead of Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Wasp, Ant-Man, etc.

This

Avatar image for stayclassymarvel
StayclassyMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was told by my friend that Whedon has a strong dislike for Fox. So could it be that he may be trying to keep them in the movie just to spite them?

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr. Messy Face

I think that if they decided to both use him, he should at least be played by the same person. It can get pretty confusing for some people by seeing the same character in movies around the same time but played by 2 different people.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard on beyond the trailer that on of the reasons why we haven't seen characters like Carol Danvers is because of the amount of money they would have to spend on depicting them fly. It does explain why Thor for the most part stays grounded and probably will in future sequels.

rjohnson89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rjohnson89

they can use the name quicksilver, they just cant say he is a mutant

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

I think he could be a good Quicksilver.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

even though i hated the last half of the kickass movie, i can not argue that he does have the look and can pull it off(even though i hope he has a european accent in the movie, probably not :( )

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

they can use the name quicksilver, they just cant say he is a mutant

Nope, Marvel cant actually use the names Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe said:

He's from an imprint of Marvel yes.

Kickass is creator owned published under Icon so technically it's like what Vertigo is to DC

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VioletPhoenix

Just cast my Wanda right is all I ask, IN WHEDON WE TRUST!

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need an X-Men, Avenger crossover.

Both Avengers and Ironman 3 are in the top 5 for highest box office sales, reaching well over one billion.

If they had an X-Men, Avenger crossover then it would easily generate big bucks.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avengers 2 is going to straight up DOMINATE the box office.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NERGASMS FOR EVERYONE!

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish there was a like button on this place

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo come on why bring quicksilver and the scarlet witch into the movies (the jamie & cersei lannister of the marvel world) great i get to see siblings who LOVE each other a little to much

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo come on why bring quicksilver and the scarlet witch into the movies (the jamie & cersei lannister of the marvel world) great i get to see siblings who LOVE each other a little to much

That's just in the Ultimates Bro. They won't do that for the Big Screen.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#38  Edited By Teerack

pfft avengers characters for avengers movies.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By millennium

@thegreyoutcastx: i wouldnt be surprise if they did because even in the 616 you get that vibe from them

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: i wouldnt be surprise if they did because even in the 616 you get that vibe from them

You'd have a backlash from so many faith based organizations and other groups if that happened. Marvel isn't that stupid.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dunno why people keep complaining about Wanda and Pietro not belonging in Avengers 2. Do people not realize that they actually deserve to be there more than HULK did. Hulk was barely an Avenger in the first place and Scarlet and Quicksilver were there almost from the beginning (not even 2yrs after the team's creation). That means they probably joined the team like a few months after it was created (in comic years). I don't think Quicksilver is quite as relevant a character as his sister but he has earned his place on the Avengers regardless.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Iron_Turtle

Don't get me wrong I enjoy looking at Aaron Johnston but I don't think he's talented enough to play someone as complex as Quicksilver.

Please check out "Nowhere Boy" and reconsider this statement.

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't want another character in the movie!! Why can't they just expand upon what they have?!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_stegman  Moderator

Tom Felton

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Do people not realize that Wanda and Pietro were staples of Avengers for years? And the Magneto connection added later?

Avengers should have the main right, since used there most of there life. Also no incest was hinted at in 616. Shown Wanda with relationships of her own. Pietro was just protective of her.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno why people keep complaining about Wanda and Pietro not belonging in Avengers 2. Do people not realize that they actually deserve to be there more than HULK did. Hulk was barely an Avenger in the first place and Scarlet and Quicksilver were there almost from the beginning (not even 2yrs after the team's creation). That means they probably joined the team like a few months after it was created (in comic years). I don't think Quicksilver is quite as relevant a character as his sister but he has earned his place on the Avengers regardless.

I think it's less about where they belong as much as it's about that they won't be the same characters if they lack some of the components that made them who they are. Given that Fox owns a ton of stuff in regard to them, it makes more sense to keep them there instead of having a new character designed to fit the restrictions of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Frankly I'm more interested in the prospect of the two in X-films. The Wolverine and X-Men cartoon made the two work in a pretty much X-Only universe, why can't the movies do that too?

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47  Edited By crimsonspider89

Due to how big of a cast is established in DoFP. The time needed to use them properly won't be present. Also Whedon is a comic writer so he knows there characters better.

And the Magneto component wasn't touched till years later and was established then.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I can't wait to see Pietro's whopping five minutes of total screen time and ten lines in Singer's hot mess. I remember how he touted that Colossus was "important" in the films, when the character barely spoke and just punched some people.

I'm with Joss and Johnson, here.

Avatar image for underwaterbimbos
Underwaterbimbos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Underwaterbimbos

You know the wasp was a mutant in the ultimate universe, just throwing that out there.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Felton

No Caption Provided

This! Although, I'm not hating on Kick-Ass playing QS.