inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Back in 2006, Marvel released one of its greatest events: Civil War. The story is so huge and epic that it's the story for the next Captain America film. However, it seems like Marvel may be putting together a sequel, just in time for Captain America: Civil War.

Today, Ryan Higgins of Comics Conspiracy posted an image on Twitter of a postcard he allegedly received, from Marvel, showing that they may, in fact, be doing a sequel to the event. Check it out for yourself.

We reached out to Marvel and they had no comment at this time. We'll keep you updated as more develops.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the house of ideas...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

You know these guys aren't even on the team yet and we're already building up these two fighting against one another.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok marvel I would like to start by saying I loved civil war it was the first actual story arc I followed and I love the arc to this day, but it does not warnt a sequel. So on behalf or all your fans take your head out of your ass and use what gave you your jobs in the first place. Incase you have forgotten what it was and what I was referring to it is your imagination.

rollingshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know how well last year's big event series' did for Marvel financially? I'm on the side that would rather let the writers really dig into the mythos of the individual title characters in their respectful books, but if they keep making boatloads of money off these events, there is probably no reason for them to stop.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By theMightyMODOK

What actually annoys me about this is the fact that a comic shop leaked this. Not cool.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well this would make sense, Steve needs to get back in the suit at some point soon and this would be a big enough event to get him to try and find some crazy way to go back to normal.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well this would make sense, Steve needs to get back in the suit at some point soon and this would be a big enough event to get him to try and find some crazy way to go back to normal.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony hates captain America

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

So...he's still old then?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This why we can't have nice things

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest. The fact it's Sam instead of Steve makes me extremely intrigued by this. It adds an entirely new dynamic. Not only that, Captain America Sam Vs. Iron man, looks like a slightly better match up on paper in a one v. one.

A Captain America that has air superiority(maybe just maneuverability?) to Iron man? This is very intriguing indeed. Will definitely be looking this up.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting desperate huh??Lol.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By kcomicfan

Why? A second civil war is not needed

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We already had a Civil War book this summer.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God I hope no. If Marvel has an ounce of sense they will leave the event to rot next to teen Tony Stark and Sins Past.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not surprised by this

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it wouldn't surprise me, it's beating a dead horse and I don't want it...

Unless it is about a new issue entirely. Then I'll consider it.

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: But it's an Iron Man with crazy morphing armor, so he still has the leg up

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

God I hope no. If Marvel has an ounce of sense they will leave the event to rot next to teen Tony Stark and Sins Past.

I personally thought Civil War was great. You got an in-depth look into the psyche of Tony Stark and Peter Parker(Back in Black arc). And At the time Captain America's death was a pretty big deal.

I will say though that the only thing good to come out of Sin's past is Silk. The rest is complete and utter toxic garbage(led to de-thored Thor primarily). Also didn't it lead to Tony's past being retconned? Just horrible stuff that should be not just retconned but erased out of memory and existence.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I'm curious as to how the next Civil War will take place and what will be the foundation for it. I'm kinda disappointed that the Thunderbolts won't be going up against the Avengers in the Captain America: Civil War. Even though they said Mark Ruffalo was going to be in the movie and now they are saying he won't be, I'm really hopeful for a Hulk vs Red Hulk fight. It wouldn't be the first time that a studio lied to the audience about something that wouldn't be happening then it actually did.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By goonage

@truemarvel said:
@goonage said:

I personally thought Civil War was great. You got an in-depth look into the psyche of Tony Stark and Peter Parker(Back in Black arc). And At the time Captain America's death was a pretty big deal.

I will say though that the only thing good to come out of Sin's past is Silk. The rest is complete and utter toxic garbage(led to de-thored Thor primarily). Also didn't it lead to Tony's past being retconned? Just horrible stuff that should be not just retconned but erased out of memory and existence.

To each their own about Civil War.

Just one correction (I hate being that guy)- I think you're confusing Original Sin with Sins Past. (Which is a good thing. It means Marvel's rotting program is working).

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adamTRMM

Right before the movie? Unbelievable...

Certainly X-comics won't even dare to mention Apocalypse at the same era.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:
@truemarvel said:
@goonage said:

To each their own about Civil War.

Just one correction (I hate being that guy)- I think you're confusing Original Sin with Sins Past. (Which is a good thing. It means Marvel's rotting program is working).

damn, I think you are right actually. Can you explain the difference? Didn't those events happen very close to one another? I'm pretty sure I hate both though...

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why people still buy marvel?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else completely sick of heroes fighting each other? I mean come on, Time Runs Out was more or less Civil War II. I'm so sick of stories having heroes turn on each other. I mean we've had Civil War, Avengers vs. X-MEN, AXIS, Time Run Out, and now this. Can we please move on from this.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I was willing to bet money that one of the "side effects" of Secret Wars would be Cap would miraculously be young again.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that the sound of millions of dollars I hear? Good for them.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jasoninthewoods

Stop giving events your money, and they will go away.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I hated civil war so much I almost stopped collecting comics. Well if it makes money I guess that's all that matters to marvel.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasoninthewoods said:

Stop giving events your money, and they will go away.

Exactly, I don't mind massive events so long as a company spans them out (which I have to admit DC has actually done a good job doing) but not when we get 2 per year. heck last year we had Axis happen right after Original Sin wrapped up. To add insult to injury both of them sucked. I normally hate ranting about comics but come on people, think before you buy.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By goonage

@goonage: Original Sin was the event that happened a few months ago. It involved various characters investigating Uatu the Watcher's murder. Sins Past was a Spiderman storyline that involved him discovering that Gwen Stacy cheated on him with Norman Osborn and got pregnant with twins. Then because of Goblin Formula or something they aged rapidly and decide to attack Spiderman.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

@goonage: Original Sin was the event that happened a few months ago. It involved various characters investigating Uatu the Watcher's murder. Sins Past was a Spiderman storyline from about 10 years ago that involved him discovering that Gwen Stacy cheated on him with Norman Osborne and got pregnant with twins. Then because of Goblin Formula or something they aged rapidly and decide to attack Spiderman.

Oh so I was actually right? Great! i feel smart.

Oh and I did hate both events. They adulterated Gwen Stacy's legacy. Completely destroyed it. Disgusting.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Evan is one of the main characters in All New X-Men. Oh & Archangel is in Uncanny X-Men so they'll have to eventually mention it there. I'm sure we'll see Apocalyspe around the time the movie comes out. It's not the same studio but if people see the movie they'll probably go looking for the comics. Marvel's not gonna pass up a chance to make money.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember people being snarky when Marvel was announcing all those Secret Wars teasers. "House of ideas everyone, har har!"

And that turned out pretty amazing so far.

I'll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. We don't even know what it actually is yet.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victorcheenoanleu:

Yeah, Evan. The mockery of Apocalypse. You know what, you convinced me, they might actually find themselves just unable not to mention him :p

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping this is just going to be a OGN kinda like how Rage of Ultron came out when Age of Ultron was in theaters

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Is that Ryan Higgins from Comics Conspiracy?

EDIT: Never mind

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: That's if the X-Men aren't dead by then

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I wonder why they just don't make AvX2?

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, can't wait for Fear Itself 2 this winter

selfproclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget the 100 variant covers :)

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermatt said:

I'm hoping this is just going to be a OGN kinda like how Rage of Ultron came out when Age of Ultron was in theaters

That actually sounds really plausible.

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheValiant

Every single Marvel event is more or less Civil War, even before Civil War. Contest of Champions, Time Runs Out, AvX, Original Sin, Axis... the list goes on. I remember when Axis was being announced and thinking "Finally, it will be one of the main villains (Red Skull) at the heart of a crossover! Yeah, no.

At least Secret Wars has been fantastic. Unfortunately Hickman can't write everything, and Marvel's bullpen doesn't have any stars on it I would be hounding to see write another big event.

BBLKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can be pretty interesting, because looking at the All-New All-Different Marvel there's going to be some important changes in both sides.

Just remember this variant cover of Captain America #1, apparently Steve and Sam will have some differences. What if Steve Rogers is now in Tony's side? What if Sam Wilson is pro-register and Tony against it?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's only okay event

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Check the battle boards though and its usually a hero v hero matchup. A lot of people just like it when heroes fight heroes and its not really something new either. Go back and read Avengers comics from the 70's and they were fighting with each other semi often. Thor fought Hercules multiple times in the 60's/70's. Its nothing new. Fans like it & buy it is why they keep doing it.

TheAudraWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lame, and I am a Marvel fan.