IRON MAN 2 vs THOR THE DARK WORLD?

• 50 results
movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll IRON MAN 2 vs THOR THE DARK WORLD? (42 votes)

IRON MAN 2 (2010) 64%
THOR THE DARK WORLD (2013) 36%

Best Film?

• 
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Iron Man 2 was actually decent, while Thor The Dark World was complete sh*t.

So, Iron Man 2.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Metalhead

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Thor the dark world, I think it gets a bad wrap. Honestly I can't pick between the two films, I like them both.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon said:

So, Iron Man 2.

there are only 2 bad things about thor the dark world

comedy & a non complex villain, nether even remotely approach the level of making it complete shit, not even in the same solar system.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By legacy6364

They both sucked IMO.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM2 takes a giant deuce on Thor: TDW.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Debatably the 2 worst films in the MCU? Tough call

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9 frozen  Moderator
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

Both were bad, but Dark World was worse.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By movieartman

@eyedcyou said:

TTDW is the 3rd best!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Neither, heck even Iron Man 3 was better. Even with that Mandarin twist garbage

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: I think if we asked the general opinion, these 2 would appear on the bottom.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@movieartman: I think if we asked the general opinion, these 2 would appear on the bottom.

which is truly disturbing, especially thor 2

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion. But if you had TDW at 3, that means you thought it was better than 2 of these films - Iron Man, Avengers, GotG, TWS.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@movieartman: I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion. But if you had TDW at 3, that means you thought it was better than 2 of these films - Iron Man, Avengers, GotG, TWS.

1&2.) the avengers / the winter soldier - equal (possible slight edge to tws)

3.) thor the dark world

4&5.) iron man / thor - equal

6.) captain america the first avenger

7.) iron man 3

8&9) iron man 2 & the incredible hulk - equal

all of which i loved or liked

have not seen GOTG but i can promise anything as bloody campy as it is not going to be even approaching the top of my list.

you people bash the shit out of thor 2 for comedy yet your calling a flat out god damn comedy movie among the best of the franchise?

how the f**k does that make sense?

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ironman 2 is ok, maybe even good.

Thor The Dark World is unwatchable.

So Ironman 2

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate said:

Ironman 2 is ok, maybe even good.

Thor The Dark World is unwatchable.

So Ironman 2

E... X... P... L... A... I... N....

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: I don't think comedy was the problem with Thor 2. I personally think the Thor movies are the weak link in the MCU, for several reasons. I think Marvel films have too much comedy in general, and it often causes major problems for me.

For Guardians, I suppose the comedy is more justifiable because the film was primarily meant to be a comedy. I mean it has a talking raccoon and starred Chris Pratt.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: why Thor 2 is unwatchable? Well, first of all, the comedy part. All the jokes that were included in that movie were so bad, that it was destroying the whole movie ( Thor in the metro, Thor not knowing what a hanger is and trying to leave mjolnir on it ). The second thing, the vilain. The vilain in this movie basicly didn't have any good back up story. He was there so that Thor can kick ass. The third thing, Asgard. Why the hell Asgard was looking like a star wars city?!? ( the scene where The Dark SELVES attack Asgard with...space ships? ) In the first Thor movie ( wich i really like ) Asgard didn't show anything, so that we can think it has laser turrets! Also, why do the Asgardians have laser turrets, but use sword & shields to fight? Also : why did the Dark Elves have laser guns,but the Asgardians use swords to fight them? I want to recall you that in the movie it was said that the Elves were sleeping for 5000 years, Asgardians had whole lotta time to create better weapons. Those are pretty much all the things that were annoying me the whole movie.

@eyedcyou: i think Avengers was worst than Ironman2.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@movieartman: trust me when I say that I have no clue what ANYONE saw in GOTG

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate said:

@movieartman: why Thor 2 is unwatchable? Well, first of all, the comedy part. All the jokes that were included in that movie were so bad, that it was destroying the whole movie ( Thor in the metro, Thor not knowing what a hanger is and trying to leave mjolnir on it ). The second thing, the vilain. The vilain in this movie basicly didn't have any good back up story. He was there so that Thor can kick ass. The third thing, Asgard. Why the hell Asgard was looking like a star wars city?!? ( the scene where The Dark SELVES attack Asgard with...space ships? ) In the first Thor movie ( wich i really like ) Asgard didn't show anything, so that we can think it has laser turrets! Also, why do the Asgardians have laser turrets, but use sword & shields to fight? Also : why did the Dark Elves have laser guns,but the Asgardians use swords to fight them? I want to recall you that in the movie it was said that the Elves were sleeping for 5000 years, Asgardians had whole lotta time to create better weapons. Those are pretty much all the things that were annoying me the whole movie.

@eyedcyou: i think Avengers was worst than Ironman2.

the comedy is not present in the many good and epic scenes of the film (not counting loki's humor which was very good)

the villain not being complex does not make him bad, just lesser.

cus its SI-FI not mythic, that was marvels intention as atheist from the get go, don't like it fine, but do say it does not fit within the universe they have choose to create.

cus they simply prefer such weapons, they hold to there past and routes more than other cultures end of story, same with the comics asgard, in seige we see they have a armory full of laser cannons and such tech based weapons., but when they can take out a earthly quinnjet with a bow and arrow (as hogun did in the thunderbolts seige tie in) they don't really need to use them.

they believed the elves to be full on DEAD for for thoose 5000 years, and they had been plenty effective against them previously with just swords and such.

how the flying hell is avengers worse than iron man 2, holy freaking shit!

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough to do a Thor on Earth movie without comedy as he is just so out of place on Earth. As a long time Thor fan, I relish the comedy, I think it's perfect. Now the general movie audience may not like it and that's fair, but I imagine hard core Thor fans would not want it any other way. In contrast, I think Thor on Asgard should be drop dead serious.

When I first saw Thor 2 I did not like it. Upon my second viewing, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm still disappointed, but I did like it. I think my disappointment impacted how I felt during my original viewing. The same can be said for Iron Man 2, which I've seen about ten times now.

I prefer Iron Man 2 to Thor 2 and I prefer them both to Hulk. These three, to me, are at the bottom of the MCU totem pole.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards to the lack of Asgardian weaponry, I feel they were going for a fall of Rome approach as Asgard neglected their defenses. They had:

Sif and the Warriors Three

Heimdell

Thor, Odin, Loki

The Destroyer, Sheild and Bi Frost

They got complacent with all of this firepower and the Elves took advantage of it, still needing Kurse to infiltrate to get past the sheild.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DrF8

@movieartman: why the Avengers were worse than Ironman2? Well, Ironman2 at least had a plot and a cool vilain. Avengers..sigh...Loki? He was cool in the first Thor. I don''to know why Marvel ressurected him after Kenneth Brannagh's Thor. They do have some OTHER great vilains. Another thing : Chitauri. Why didn't they just call them skrulls? ( because as every comic book fan knows : chitauri were SKRULLS, just the Ultimate version ) why didn't they show chitauri's greatest power? Shape-shifting! Why the hell, the whole plot of this movie was : Hulk smash. Thor smash. Thor & Hulk smash. Ironman smash. EVERYONE smash! The whole movie was just fighting & stupid jokes.( i mean the jokes Like : Hulk beating up Loki, but after he hit him three, maybe four times, he just left. Leaving loki there? Why?!?!?!? Another one : Why did Hulk punch Thor after they dealed with the chitauri ship? ).

Yes, this may be controversial but i like Ironman2 and i hate Avengers.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: .......please, PLEASE right a review of Avengers on here. I NEED to read this

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DrF8
Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: your opinion of that movie is like honey in my mouth

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DrF8

@gjgp27: You agree with me? Or are you just joking? There's not alot of people who agree with my statements about this movie.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By movieartman
@drfate said:

@movieartman: why the Avengers were worse than Ironman2? Well, Ironman2 at least had a plot and a cool vilain. Avengers..sigh...Loki? He was cool in the first Thor. I don''to know why Marvel ressurected him after Kenneth Brannagh's Thor. They do have some OTHER great vilains. Another thing : Chitauri. Why didn't they just call them skrulls? ( because as every comic book fan knows : chitauri were SKRULLS, just the Ultimate version ) why didn't they show chitauri's greatest power? Shape-shifting! Why the hell, the whole plot of this movie was : Hulk smash. Thor smash. Thor & Hulk smash. Ironman smash. EVERYONE smash! The whole movie was just fighting & stupid jokes.( i mean the jokes Like : Hulk beating up Loki, but after he hit him three, maybe four times, he just left. Leaving loki there? Why?!?!?!? Another one : Why did Hulk punch Thor after they dealed with the chitauri ship? ).

Yes, this may be controversial but i like Ironman2 and i hate Avengers.

loki was a billion times better and more effective in the avengers than he was in the first thor.

no they are not the same in the movie universe, and there are some possible plans to use actual skrulls in the future. they just choose the chitauri name cus its cool and alien.

pathetic

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: for the most part agree. for one thing loki sucks

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DrF8

@movieartman: what's pathetic? "It's just like...my opinion man". Everyone has a right to his own opinion. I hate the Avengers movie. So what's wrong about it? You are basicly insulting me.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did Hulk punch Thor?

I loved that joke.

He is in essence telling Thor that despite the fact we just teamed up, I'm still pissed you had the nerve to fight me. So he pops Thor as unfinished business.

For us mortals, it's kind of like being in a bar fight and making a temporary alliance with someone you don't like to take out a common enemy. Don't turn your back on your short term partner.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know most people hate it, but I've always like IM2 *shruggs*

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I liked them both..

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eyedcyou said:

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BullPR

@godzilla44 said:

@eyedcyou said:

Agreed for IM2

I liked TDW.

I don't understand why everybody love GoTG and are so critic toward Thor 2.

Thor 2 has still (for me) the magic of having on a big screen all these characters I'm reading since more than 30 years.

I don't deny that GoTG was well inserted in the MCU, but I didn't feel it as a CBM, and so my "suspension of disbelief" was not that low. For me GoTG was basically Indiana Jones in space, and I like Indy when I watched it in the 80s, not anymore. My kids love it. And my nephews too. But not my friends or my colleagues. No real scenario, no real dialogues, no real acting. Just an action movie in space.

Thor 2:

I enjoyed Asgard

I loved Loki

Since Leon (The professional in English) each time I see Natalie Portman I'm happy

Thor and Mjolnir were (for me) in the logic of Thor 1, so I have de faco already accepted that they are depowered compared to the Comic version, but I'm good with that.

The Dark Elves were clear archeptypes of "villains" as you can expect them in a super hero movie (they are bad because... they are bad AND mean), and they had the expected minimum of background

Overall Thor 2 was what I paid for. All the "hate" around it are probably by people having different expectations when going to see a CBM, and probably not that excited anymore by the simple fact that it is, for real, a super hero movie on a big screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Neither.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

So, Iron Man 2.

Agreed - expectations aside, Iron Man 2 is a solid film.

Thor: The Dark World was one of the worst modern comic book films I've ever seen.

- TAS

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

@thecannon said:

So, Iron Man 2.

Agreed - expectations aside, Iron Man 2 is a solid film.

Thor: The Dark World was one of the worst modern comic book films I've ever seen.

- TAS

You've earned a follow.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon:

Thanks... thank you so much! Right back at you. XD.

- TAS

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor: The Dark World is unwatchable. At least Iron Man 2 had RDJ.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45 frozen  Moderator

@BullPR: Indiana Jones isn't just an action movie. It's a great film. Surprisingly also nominated for Best Picture (it's the best film of 1981 but the Academy rarely vouch for e Adventure genre).

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Frozen: oh, but I loved Indian Jones, but remove the charisma of Ford and you are back to a genre of movie that I don't really appreciate anymore. While I'm still "excited" by CBM. Excepted GoTG that strongly reminded me a more classical adventure movie. Most people loved that, for me, the usual "magic" I feel when watching CBM was lost.

IM2 was just a bad movie, so CBM or not, it doesn't really matter.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM 2 but not by much.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I enjoyed Thor: TDW more, if for anything than to see Thor and Loki team-up. Those two characters and their interactions made the movie.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM2

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: If you like the MCU, as you said you did, than you really need to see GOTG. It is one of the best MCU films so far, without question. Honestly it reminds me of Ghostbusters. Is Ghostbusters a comedy, or sci fi, or horror, or fantasy? GOTG is like that, hard to place in one catagory. It's my 2nd favorite MCU film, with Avengers at 1 and TWS at 3, but they are all so close its like 1a 1b 1c. As I said before, I like all of the MCU films, but they are getting better as they go.