Invincible (image comics)

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

I started to read Invincible about a month ago and i just got attached.

am now currently reading Viltrumite War....i mean this comic is just great.it has everything.great art.great story telling,drama,love,action and best thing you just don't know what is going to happen next.Robert Kirkman is just a amazing writer,he does a great job with Invincible and Walking Dead.

Since there is already a show for Walking Dead,i was whondering what is your oppinon on doing a animated movie or animted series for Invincible.

would you watch it?which studio would you like to see it make?

No Caption Provided
SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

I'd love to see an Invincible animated series. Not sure which studio I'd chose to make it but, much like the Spawn animated series, I'd like to see it air on HBO, so it doesn't get censored or anything.

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

The best part i love about this comic is that you can the Kirkman used the ideas from DC,Marvel and i'm guessing Dragon Ball Z.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By coolguyr99

An animated series would work better than a live-action in my opinion.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

An animated series would be great so it can do the huge battles justice. But there's no way it could be televised on anything except Adult Swim, or something similar, and still be the same. When this comic decides that it's time for people to get hurt, I highly doubt it could be broadcast on Cartoon Network. As for studio, I have no clue.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By lightsout

of COURSE I would watch it. I recently caught up (to live) with the series and I'm pissed because before I could read as far as I wanted into the night.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

Invincible is great any news on the second compendium ?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

Yeah, it's great. When I started reading it, I ended up reading the entire series in a matter of three days (up to about issue 80). I'd love to see them do an animated series on Adult Swim, maybe put it on the Toonami block.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

It would be awesome to have an Invincible animated show.

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CptPanda29

OCTOBOSS

DINOSAURUS

I f*cking love Invincible.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

@SmashBrawler said:

I'd love to see an Invincible animated series. Not sure which studio I'd chose to make it but, much like the Spawn animated series, I'd like to see it air on HBO, so it doesn't get censored or anything.

it wouldn't necessarily have to be on HBO....AMC has proven with Walking Dead that cable tv can push the limits enough to air a show like Invincible

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmashBrawler

@danhimself said:

@SmashBrawler said:

it wouldn't necessarily have to be on HBO....AMC has proven with Walking Dead that cable tv can push the limits enough to air a show like Invincible

Well, yeah. Any channel like that works. I was just using HBO as an example, although AMC does sound more likely considering they're the ones airing TWD.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By danhimself

@SmashBrawler said:

@danhimself said:

@SmashBrawler said:

Well, yeah. Any channel like that works. I was just using HBO as an example, although AMC does sound more likely considering they're the ones airing TWD.

it would be really awesome to have a Kirkman block on AMC....AMC is also adapting Thief of Thieves so we could have a 3 hour block of Kirkman shows

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dabee

Every day I find a new reason or somebody else's post that makes me want to start reading Invincible. Might have to start pretty soon. :-/

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

@Dabee: It's best comic i've read in some time....you just stick to it and you want to know whats going to happen next.and art is in some way simple but great.

@JonSmith: I think that wouldn't be the problem....they had a show on CN called dragon ball that was full of violence.

@The_Tree: Yeah,same happend to me.you simple can't get attached to it.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lightsout

@Kesho_Ronin: (possible spoilers)

these aren't being shown on CN - not uncensored anyway (and ideally we'd want Kirkman's unfiltered original ideas).

http://ehavey.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/invincible75-oliver.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RM1nTPpMDEc/SkJQkp_phmI/AAAAAAAAMIU/63cZc5t6v34/s400/Inv63p16.jpg

http://oblikon.net/wp-content/uploads/vince-4.jpg

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

@lightsout: Yeah but Cartoon Network did have Dragon Ball Z that has pretty hard violence.Now i know that they can't do they same as in comics but they could do a little different.But to tell you the truth i don't watch CNN anymore so i don't know what kind they shows they have0

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmashBrawler

@danhimself said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@danhimself said:

@SmashBrawler said:

it would be really awesome to have a Kirkman block on AMC....AMC is also adapting Thief of Thieves so we could have a 3 hour block of Kirkman shows

That actually sounds like a pretty damn awesome idea.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lightsout

@Kesho_Ronin: DBZ was also heavily censored from the original Japanese version. (And just personally, I think Invincible has had much more violent moments). Yea they technically could do things different, but that defeats the purpose of what people have been saying in this thread. The beauty of Invincible being an owner-published comic is that it's not censored at all, and ideally you'd want to keep that going when translating it into animated medium. It's already not a "main stream" franchise, so it likely wouldn't get put on a network like CN or Nick anyway (win-win).

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

@lightsout: Maybe your right....didin't look from that angle...

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JonSmith

@Kesho_Ronin said:

I think that wouldn't be the problem....they had a show on CN called dragon ball that was full of violence.

I'm fairly certain it didn't have violence that left the combatants like this:

No Caption Provided
Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

@JonSmith: Your right...they would have to make it less violent and that would destroy the series for comicbook reader....

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

just read #80 and made me laugh....because it's true

No Caption Provided
GetEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GetEveryone

I really like the idea of Invincible, and loved the it right up until the end of the Viltrumite War... Now, I kind of feel like that would have been as good a place as any to quit reading.

The conventions that Kirkman turns on their head are great (Invincible shedding the typical "superhero agenda" as of late, a fat female lead-character, events being handled in single issues, etc), but the execution is painfully lacking in a ton of spots, and it's pacing actually serves to hurt it.

At least a little of my problem is probably symptomatic of the fact that I consumed the first 80 issues at once, and stopped reading for about two years, but they still stand.

I feel like it's extremely variable in quality and Kirkman is an uneven writer at best. He has great ideas that he doesn't follow through particularly well with.

Edit: This was my first post? Could have sworn I used to post here....

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Timandm

sounds like I should start reading this series.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AllStarSuperman

i want an actual movie

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@coolguyr99 said:

An animated series would work better than a live-action in my opinion.

This.

Batmandemon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Batmandemon23

I'm going to type a blog soon about who I'd pick for the voice casting