#1 Posted by Greggh (16 posts) - - Show Bio

This past august i believe at the Las Vegas Comic Expo Scott Lobdell mention a teen titans spinoff he slatted for around issue 25. The other panelists seemed shocked by this as it seemed almost impossible to plan that far in advance and even scott mentioned how those plans may fall apart. Seeing as Raven is on the cover of the post- Death of the family issue of teen titans is it maybe possible that the spinoff is being moved forward?. With Blue Beetle just ending the young justice line is getting pretty low with comics.

A lot of people are speculating that the new Jim lee and scott synder superman comic will be released in May to fill the void of DCU presents and I vampire. It has also just recently been announced that the DC free comic day comic will feature a preview of their new book. It would make sense to have a preview for a book being released later that month be featured. It also makes sense to release it in may considering the movie will be released shortly after and DC doesn't tend to have back to back Waves.

Finally, for those of you who listen to the podcasts that feature James Robinson. When ever the question comes up whether there will be an earth 2 spinoff book he says "he can not answer" instead of "i dont know". This leads me to believe there are some sort of plans in the works especially because he also hints to things hes been working on that will get us excited. Although this is the weakest argument i do believe it could be true based on april's solicitation. "• As Dr Fate emerges as the latest hero on Earth 2, what other heroes make a most unexpected appearance?" Perhaps these other heroes could lead into the new book similar to how the ravagers got their own book out of the culling. Or maybe its a Justice League crossover( which would also be pretty sweet).

Anyways just a couple of my thoughts. What do you guys think ? Are these valid thoughts or have these been disproven already ? And most importantly what are your thoughts on whats to come?

#2 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool ideas. I can only safely say that there will be lots of cleavage and people will be punched.

#3 Posted by Greggh (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: Firstly thanks for the reply . Secondly lmao . You truly speak with the wisdom of Solomon.

#4 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the teen comic titles seem to be on the way out so I don't believe a Raven led teen group comic is coming soon. Maybe we could see a Raven solo title. Raven was even considered for a cw tv show before. The only way to save the teen comic titles is probably thru reboots for teen titans, gen 13 and Legion.

#5 Posted by Greggh (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: hmmm i didn't realize she was considered for her own show. A solo title would be interesting though . I have to agree with you on the reboot though . I feel as though teen titans should model themselves after young justice and perhaps have recruitments and use specified teens for different missions.

What do u think should be done differently ?

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The current cartoons are still doing Teen Titans animated short jokes. Since I heard rumors the cartoons are doing a Teen Titans cartoon again, I prefer the comics turn Teen Titans into a non sidekick group with cyborg, starfire, beast boy/changeling, raven, etc. For the title with sidekicks, can use the title Young Justice : Tim, Bart, Cassie, Superboy, etc.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

All of the teen comic titles seem to be on the way out so I don't believe a Raven led teen group comic is coming soon. Maybe we could see a Raven solo title. Raven was even considered for a cw tv show before. The only way to save the teen comic titles is probably thru reboots for teen titans, gen 13 and Legion.

Teen Titans is doing well...it was ranked 17 on Diamonds Sales list for December

#8 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe Teen titans is popular and maybe it got a boost from the current crossover with Batman ?

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

I don't believe Teen titans is popular and maybe it got a boost from the current crossover with Batman ?

You must be right. #15 was ranked 17th, selling 68,707 copies, but #14 was ranked 58th the month before, selling 39,745 copies.