bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigcimmerian

- I like Marvel Hercules as character, now I want to read DC's

- Is there any storyline or ongoing involving DC Hercules?

- Or any other comic book in which he has major part?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

Well he did have his own series, known as Hercules Unbound(12 issues total) so could check that. Though that is all I know really, from what I have seen/heard, DC pretty much treats him poorly and as a punching bag among other things of that nature.

Again its just from what I have seen/heard from others, so don't let it discourage you if you wanna read DC's version. I just haven't really noticed anything good, unless someone here has seen something good from him.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigcimmerian

Well he did have his own series, known as Hercules Unbound(12 issues total) so could check that. Though that is all I know really, from what I have seen/heard, DC pretty much treats him poorly and as a punching bag among other things of that nature.

Again its just from what I have seen/heard from others, so don't let it discourage you if you wanna read DC's version. I just haven't really noticed anything good, unless someone here has seen something good from him.

Thanks mate, I'll check it out :)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He used to run up in Hippolyta. Thats all I know.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer

@bigcimmerian said:

@wolfrazer said:

Thanks mate, I'll check it out :)

Alright then, have fun with it. Let me know if you find anything good on him.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In George Perez's Wonder Woman, he showed up a fair bit. His name there though was Heracles which is the Greek name. Hercules is the Roman adaptation of Heracles.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In George Perez's Wonder Woman, he showed up a fair bit. His name there though was Heracles which is the Greek name. Hercules is the Roman adaptation of Heracles.

Thanks.

Can you tell me the name and number of this issue?

No Caption Provided

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmashBrawler
colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is now related to Hercules so check out Wonder Woman.

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They alluded to Hercules in Wonder Woman but we've yet to see him. I would love for him to be introduced. My idea is that he would be the ultimate hero, this man who has been performing heroic feats for thousands of years across the globe and has done and seen everything. The ultimate veteran.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mr_holmes said:

They alluded to Hercules in Wonder Woman but we've yet to see him. I would love for him to be introduced. My idea is that he would be the ultimate hero, this man who has been performing heroic feats for thousands of years across the globe and has done and seen everything. The ultimate veteran.

I too would like to see this and not see him being depicted as a rapist/douche, nor as him as a punching bag. He is Hercules...he has been around before comics were even thought of, the least DC writers could do is give him some respect. Though I doubt he'll appear frequently, or even as a major character seeing as DC likes to hold and show their own creations more.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He's a scumbag for what he did to Hippolyta.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bigcimmerian

@mr_holmes: @wolfrazer:

I'd like to see him as you 2 said, standing among the best heroes of the world like Superman and Batman, to be known for his great strength and his courage, but I also like some aspects of Marvel Hercules, like being arrogant and humble at the same time, so the mix of DC and Marvel Hercules would be great.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see him as you 2 said, standing among the best heroes of the world like Superman and Batman, to be known for his great strength and his courage, but I also like some aspects of Marvel Hercules, like being arrogant and humble at the same time, so the mix of DC and Marvel Hercules would be great.

Good luck with that strength bit, cause as I recall DC's Herc strength is nowhere near Superman's....hell its not even the same as Wonder Woman's which is completely retarded given that both characters take elements from him. But who knows...maybe in the New 52 they will make his character better if he appears.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

Good luck with that strength bit, cause as I recall DC's Herc strength is nowhere near Superman's....hell its not even the same as Wonder Woman's which is completely retarded given that both characters take elements from him. But who knows...maybe in the New 52 they will make his character better if he appears.

But he made Supes bleed with casual elbow strike lol :P

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer

@wolfrazer said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Yes but that was due to surprise, and the fact that he is somewhat a magical being since he is a god. In a straight out slugfest, Herc would go down.

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@wolfrazer said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Yes but that was due to surprise, and the fact that he is somewhat a magical being since he is a god. In a straight out slugfest, Herc would go down.

New 52 Hercules in theory would be a completely different character anyway.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@wolfrazer said:

@bigcimmerian said:

New 52 Hercules in theory would be a completely different character anyway.

I hope so.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RustyRoy

Hercules fits in DCU better than Marvel in my opinion, he can start out as supporting character for WW then getting a spin-off ongoing, same with Orion. DC needs more Superman level characters.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I like Marvel Hercules as character, now I want to read DC's

- Is there any storyline or ongoing involving DC Hercules?

- Or any other comic book in which he has major part?

DC's Hercules is like Wonder Woman's Joe Chill. He plays a big part in her back story, and shows up from time to time to get beat up.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bigcimmerian

@rustyroy said:

Hercules fits in DCU better than Marvel in my opinion, he can start out as supporting character for WW then getting a spin-off ongoing, same with Orion. DC needs more Superman level characters.

They already have many Superman level characters, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Orion, Captain Atom, Supergirl, Power Girl, Green Lanterns, Lobo etc. But I like what you said about supp character for WW and then his ongoing, it would be great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bigcimmerian said:

They already have many Superman level characters, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Orion, Captain Atom, Supergirl, Power Girl, Green Lanterns, Lobo etc. But I like what you said about supp character for WW and then his ongoing, it would be great.

I agree with you, they should make him not too low but also not too high. like, Multi Continental strength would be fine, with wonder woman being slightly stronger (Moon busting)