Instead of killing off Nightwing...

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would it be crazy to hope maybe a lantern ring will find him?

It's obviously extremely unlikely, but to me it'd be even more insane to kill off such a beloved/historical character.

I was thinking, with sinestro's return and Bruce already having a yellow ring, maybe dick plays a part in defeating the syndicate and sinestro deems him worthy. Or maybe it happens a different way and he receives a different color ring.

I suppose he could survive and continue under a new/different guise, but his identity being compromised will really complicate things.

I've also considered the possibility that he could robin again but that doesn't really make sense.

Here's hoping whatever happens, he survives

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: no what? No it wouldn't be crazy? No it shouldn't happen?

I pointed out that it's quite unlikely, but no one would have thought lex and cold would join the league, and maybe dick could join as the new lantern since Hal seems to be off the roster lately

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I like what's going on in the story right now, and you know he won't be gone forever.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@drmantistoboggan: DC have hinted at Dick Grayson, not just the Nightwing identity surviving and although it could be a dastardly ruse from the hands of Dan Didio, it's just as likely that Dick will be given a new role in the New 52 rather than being permanently killed off.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

@drmantistoboggan: DC have hinted at Dick Grayson, not just the Nightwing identity surviving and although it could be a dastardly ruse from the hands of Dan Didio, it's just as likely that Dick will be given a new role in the New 52 rather than being permanently killed off.

I am 99.9% sure that Nightwing will survive, the writers have spent most of the New 52 tearing down Dick Grayson and it would be really, really, really bad writing (not to mention make his reboot a waste of time)if they were to kill him off before building him back up.

To answer the OP, even though it would be interesting to see Grayson with a power ring for an issue or two, I don't really want to see him with superpowers, I mean it's awkward enough seeing Jason Todd now with his "powers". My hope is that the end of Forever Evil, he will permanently sever ties with the Bat-family (sans Barbara), mainly because I'm sick of his stories being hijacked by Batman tie-ins.

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: I'm with you a little bit there, but can't say I'd want ties served with his surrogate father. Some of my favorite moments involve interactions between the two of them.

What I've enjoyed about forever evil so far, besides some of the simpler moments, is all the mystery. Makes me wish I had just waited until it was over so I wasn't left hangin every month

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As long as he stays Nightwing (now Calvin Rose or Harper Row) I'll be happy. Having his identity compromised was kinda dumb...

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, nightwing's dying? >_>

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: it's unclear, but there's been speculation. The way things are set up it's a possibility, but I hope it doesn't come to that

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Al_capOWN

Thought it was already confirmed that he is becoming the next batwing?

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

I really do not agree with newbie writers killing off classic characters EVER. It always ends the same way, the issue is bad, it pisses off the fans, the writer is shunned, another writer is brought in to undo it.... Enough with this song and dance, and just stop killing off main characters or doing outlandish things with them..... We like them the way they are.... THAT"S WHY THEIR COMICS ARE BEST-SELLERS.

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Al_capOWN

It was announced like a month ago along with the new metal men and doom patrol return and Carrie Kelley will be the new batgirl. The "rumor" also stated a new night wing characters, so far looks like it has been all true, we did get a new concept art tease of a possible female night wing.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeepeh

@jeepeh: it's unclear, but there's been speculation. The way things are set up it's a possibility, but I hope it doesn't come to that

*starts making plans to storm DC headquarters*

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: IIRC the female nightwing was a harper row concept and I think it was meant for the whole 5 years into the future thing. I heard about the metal men stuff, but can't find anything at all about dick becoming batwing or Carrie Kelly becoming batgirl

Neither of those things would make much sense

Avatar image for patrickborkland
patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't see the writers just giving him a new identity, that's what EVERYONE is expecting, as well as his death, everyone is expecting that too. They're most likely going to go down some other road that we havent thought of. And if not, they don't deserve to be writers

Avatar image for patrickborkland
patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By patrickborkland

MY PREDICTION: At the end of Forever Evil, it will appear that Dick is killed off, and they make sure the whole world see's it. However, once the crime syndicate is defeated, the reader is informed that Bruce figured out a way to trick everyone into thinking Dick died when in fact he slipped him away (since Batman is so god damn clever), and from that point on, everyone thinks Dick/nightwing is dead, Dick retires (and of course returns eventually). Basically how Sinestro sneaked one of the guardians off at the end of "The End." As soon as Batman saw Dick captured, I'm sure his mind started racing with plans and ideas of what to do and this is the only way I can see Dick surviving all this

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I do not think Dick will die, it's too soon after Damian's death, and it'd be too predictable. Also, reliable rumors point to him surviving. I think he'll either begin to work in a much more covert, maskless way, or he'll become a sort of Oracle figure working behind the scenes.