Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ximpossibrux

From Year 3, # 17

Spoilers obviously.

No Caption Provided

Wow..... just wow.

I thought the writing for Injustice was bad, but then Taylor left and it got worse.

Superman, the guy who took over the planet, murdered his previous friends Martian Manhunter, Ollie, Black Canary, Captain Atom, countless Green Lanterns and the Joker, is complaining to Sinestro about killing Klarion, an enemy who is a powerful magic user. Then in the middle of the fight starts getting in Sinestro's face about it.

I thought making Wonder Woman completely out of character was bad enough, but c'mon...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still like this better then some of the current stories going on lol

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@w0nd said:

So much this.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

I hate read it.

I constantly bash the bad writing, but I can't stop reading it...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

This is not bad writing, Superman's wrath has been heavily mediated by Wonder Woman's return.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. It used to be awesome back I the day. What really gets me is the consistent unrealistic power of Superman. Captain Atom, Manhunter, Ganthet, Mogo, and Kilowag should have all mopped the floor with him. If he defeats Dr Fate (Who should destroy Superman without even moving) I might just have to boycott this comic myself. However, year two was still very enjoyable. Year 3 has been very slow thus far. Of course I will keep buying it as it is the last remnant of Nelson Fate, and the rest of the old 52.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ximpossibrux

@rogueshadow said:

This is not bad writing, Superman's wrath has been heavily mediated by Wonder Woman's return.

It's still very bad writing.

Superman took to the solution of murder and Diana has fully supported him. Hell, when he burned Martian Manhunter to death she was right there. Anytime he killed someone she kept telling him he was doing the right thing. If Superman's wrath had been mediated it should have happened when he went face to face with his parents in the fortress of solitude. All Wonder Woman did was break his Yellow ring.

The fact that they did some 180 on their whole moral stance is ridiculous. At least make Superman consistent and not a hypocrite. Oh wait, he keeps telling Batman that he's evil for working with Etrigan, but in the meantime he works with Ares and Sinestro.....

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By stormshadow_x  Online

@firestormfate1919:

Clark would Stomp kilowog. Ganthet and Mogo? how he killed them was beleavable feel like he could just fly through him at high speeds (Which he did). Now I think john has the best chance but if he's holding back on his friend maybe not.

Avatar image for blackmanandrobin
Blackmanandrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Supermans mind he killed all those people in self defence but Sinestro killed Klarion when his back was turned. Clark still thinks he's justified in all his actions.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Mogo has literally soloed entire corps before. A full power blast from Mogo turns Superman into a pile of ash. As for the Sun thing, Mogo's fields have tanked weapons meant to destroy entire star systems. A sun isn't a problem. As for Ganthet, that was just ridiculous. The Guardians are sentient energy in being. Superman could never kill one. They are easily Galaxy busters, who think at speeds at least as fast as Superman. As for the others Manhunter TP kills him instantly, phases his hand through his head, or simply beats him to death with equal strength and superior speed. Kilowag has already beaten Superman twice in the comics. Captain Atom would molecularly rearrange his molecules, or transmute the entire radius into Kryptonite. Dr Fate could TP kill him, BFR him, blast him to pieces, ect. Some of these fights really have been misrepresented. For example, Manhunter doesn't even have a fire weakness anymore, so that shouldnt have worked.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is but it is still very entertaining. Come injustice supes saying that is murder LOL man i lost it.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stormshadow_x  Online

@firestormfate1919:

I doubt Mogo could literally obliterate Clark. Once more. Clark just flies at him at high speeds and destroys him from the inside. When have they ever shown to be Galaxy busters? Honestly what are the Guardians Greatest feat? I'm talking about Ganthet and His Guardians not people like Krona. MM doesn't have the fire weakness? that's true in canon. This isn't canon and seeing how most of his time as a character fire has been a weakness it still can be used as one in non canon. MM is not Faster then Supes. He's just as strong but not faster. True he could attempt to break his mind. But while doing that what's to say Supes doesn't let lose with the Heat Vision? Not Like he can instantly kill him with TP. Those two times Kilowog won. Was Clark actually attempting too kill him? Probably not. DOc Fate I can agree with. A Underrated characters who is extremely powerful. Then again can he be speed blitzed? Don't know enough about him.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Actually he killed an entire Corps of Black Lanterns during Blackest Night. These are the same Corps who only took like 4 lanterns to capture and convert Clark. The Guardians once created an entire sector (multiple galaxies) to house Agent Orange in. Actually Flash stated that Martian Manhunter was faster. When Flash went rogue he blitzed Superman, but Manhunter was able to keep up for a while. Actually one of those times he was. I believe he was possessed by Eclispso, and was beating up a bunch of Lanterns at Superspeed. He then tried to blitz Kilowag, but Kilowag caught him with the ring and beat him down. Glad you agree about Fate, because that one wouldn't even be close. Also Fate actually has super-speed and strength around Superman level. Even so, the helmet deploys an automatic field that can take punches from beings well above Superman level.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stormshadow_x  Online

@firestormfate1919:

The Guardians did that once. At one point they were considered Thanos level yet lately have been portrayed as a little lack luster. I Still think Clark can kill mogo with out too much trouble. Well even if MM is faster was he really trying to kill Clark or was he holding back and didn't think his former friend would actually kill him? Because I think MM would beat Supes as well unless he's holding back against Superman who isn't himself.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: True. New 52 has not done them justice as of late. However, pre 52 Guardians blink him from existence. Mogo New or Pre stomps. Yeah, I geuss that is possible. Given that Mogo, Manhunter, Atom, Ragman, and Fate are all some of my favorite characters, I really hate Superman right now so imagining him being stomped is a pleasant thought.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stormshadow_x  Online

@firestormfate1919:

Not just the New 52. pre 52 as well. The Guardians just get their powers Flippes everywhere. I really don't think Mogo Stomps. His Biggest weakness is being a Planet. he can't hit Superman is vulnerable to someone like him just killing him from inside. Still the most badass GL Ever though :p. Atom. love Captain Atom he should get more love but I still don't know if he has what it takes to beat Superman. Fate once again is a character who should get more love but doesn't. Personally like him as much as Marvels Doctor Strange.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

After take from active role several characthers and Batman being once again center of story, i began to careless about Injustice.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@ximpossibrux: The distinction is that he had his back turned and was defenceless, it's weak, but unfair to call it bad writing.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the whole mogo thing is what it is. IDK how many times the ring has be dubbed the most powerful weapon in the universe, only to have it's constructs broken and the wearer beaten senseless. That martian man hunters is the strongest being on the planet, correction super man, correction (enter name here)

these things go up and down. Especially when superman is involved. Plus I am willing to overlook this simply because it's a different universe. If people were to use feats of characters from other universes they would get chased out of the thread because apparently different universes have different power levels and feats.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haven't read the comic, but I have the game and boy is the story stupid.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21 frozen  Moderator

The sheer fact that Injustice is a story about Superman being a murderous dictator automatically makes it bad writing.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Kidd

Yes but its not really surprising, Injustice Superman is already kinda a hypocrite and plus he is trying to make Wonder Woman still think of him as a hero.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By micah007123

@w0nd said:

This. People complain because this Superman is "different"

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

In Supermans mind he killed all those people in self defence but Sinestro killed Klarion when his back was turned. Clark still thinks he's justified in all his actions.

That's actually a pretty good explanation.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By w0nd

@frozen said:

The sheer fact that Injustice is a story about Superman being a murderous dictator automatically makes it bad writing.

Why is that? Especially if the story involves the real boyscout superman saving the day...

some are good some are bad....it's an elseworld.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like it but hate the power levels, mmh should be alive, he should be.......

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By TDK_1997

I stopped caring or thinking about this book a lot time ago.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Well, a couple of people made the point that, Clark has seen himself justified in everything he's done thus-far. One mans "murderous dictator" is another mans "unappreciated, benevolent leader," which is probably how Superman sees himself, (and lord knows Diana is probably not helping the situation.)

Even in the games, it's clear Superman thinks he's doing the right thing. Until people cross him. Then he gets pissed and has to deal.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually read this?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frozen  Moderator

I like it but hate the power levels, mmh should be alive, he should be.......

The game ending revealed that MMH faked his death.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Really. I feel so much better now. If only Captain Atom, Ragman, and Mogo all faked their deaths too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozen  Moderator

@w0nd: Elseworld's can make comprises if they retain aspects of the character. Injustice spits in the face of Superman and all that he stands for; absolute disgrace to the character. By default, Injustice is bad writing for even entertaining such a trashy and boring premise.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: really? Man am just so happy

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frozen  Moderator

@gizmorino: IIRC it's also stated he teaches the next generation of superheroes.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: watched the videos but never knew these.

Just freaking nice

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By w0nd

@frozen said:

@w0nd: Elseworld's can make comprises if they retain aspects of the character. Injustice spits in the face of Superman and all that he stands for; absolute disgrace to the character. By default, Injustice is bad writing for even entertaining such a trashy and boring premise.

Ultraman is basically an evil superman. He has the same backstory in the new 52 just stereotypically evil.

On this world apparently superman is a hypocrite. I can believe that. Some where out there, there is a superman that got pushed too far. not too unreasonable at all.

Especially when the superman we know and love ends up being a part of the story as well.

I honestly like this hypocrite superman better than ultraman, whos parents told him that power is everything, it was just a mirror world, no thought to it at all. Or the ridiculous bizzaro who does things opposite because why not.

It is a shame you don't like it though. it isn't for everyone. Hopefully you like justice leauge or the batman superman stories that get released still.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@w0nd: Ultraman is different. He was an opposite version from the get-go; and basically his entire Earth was akin to him.

Superman is supposed to have the moral high-ground; always. In stories to which he lacks it, such as Kingdom Come, where he came close to killing innocents at the U.N, he was stopped for plot purposes --- whenever Superman comes close to killing, the plot must stop it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By w0nd

@frozen said:

@w0nd: Ultraman is different. He was an opposite version from the get-go; and basically his entire Earth was akin to him.

Superman is supposed to have the moral high-ground; always. In stories to which he lacks it, such as Kingdom Come, where he came close to killing innocents at the U.N, he was stopped for plot purposes --- whenever Superman comes close to killing, the plot must stop it.

So no matter what universe you go to, superman must always have the same characteristics of being good? They can never be one that strayed from his path? That became "too" human. Even if the version of superman you want and described is in the same story and ends up putting the hypocritical one in his place?

if this happened to the main one then yeah id hate it, but in a what if world then go balls to the walls. Anyways different opinions I supposed. like i said before sucks that you aren't liking it. Hopefully Justice league still peaks your interests or what ever superman books you are reading at the moment

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

People are entitled to there opinions.Comicbooks are all about taste.If you don't like its your opinion.There are stories that I enjoy,while others hate.There are stories that you like while other hate.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

@w0nd: Superman can have human traits, but if he does become 'too' human - the plot must stop him and progress it so his moral authority and moral superiority is re-asserted.

Anyway I'm not sure what this means because I haven't read this issue:

Even if the version of superman you want and described is in the same story and ends up putting the hypocritical one in his place?

To my knowledge, Injustice Superman has already murdered people prior to this issue and the true ethical Superman counterpart only appears in the game.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By w0nd

@frozen:
Yes he has been murdering people since they tried to kidnap his parents (and the joker) this whole story is a prequel to the game though. isn't it?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frozen  Moderator

@w0nd: It is a prequel and he has murdered more than you just mentioned...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By w0nd

@frozen: yes he has been murdering since that point in time I mentioned, the joker, and then after they tried to use his parents as blackmail his rampage grew further. He's been constantly murdering since that point in time. I don't deny that.

"Anyway I'm not sure what this means because I haven't read this issue:"

Even if the version of superman you want and described is in the same story and ends up putting the hypocritical one in his place?

the boyscout shows up (the one you like) , lectures him, then beats him. In the end it's about a tyrant getting beat up by superman...the tyrant just happens to be a corrupt superman also. Just an over the top version of the justice lords. Not for everyone

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. It's just too fun and the best part is alot of times you truely don't know who's safe, except for the characters that were in the first game. Also, you just know is going to go through more and more hell.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is great but people going to be critics

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't even like the premise of the story why read it and complain?

TF_BrieLarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Uh... why?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Uh... why?

Because it's a disgrace to Superman.

TF_BrieLarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@tf_brielarson said:

@frozen said:

Uh... why?

Because it's a disgrace to Superman.

It's a different take on Superman. Why is it a disgrace?