Injustice Gods Among Us ( Where are the DLC's?)

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah I'm gonna put it out there, I feel that the season pass was falsely advertised. They should have let it be known that the DLC characters weren't going to be available, which in turn would have allowed people to save their money. I'm pi**ed off, very, are you? This was a deceptive advertisement, and those who purchased the season pass should be angry.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... do you know what a Season Pass is? Because if you thought they were going to announce all the characters at once I'm guessing you don't know what it is exactly.

Oh, and they were supposed to announce the first character yesterday but they postponed it because of the tragic events that took place during the Boston Marathon.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... do you know what a Season Pass is? Because if you thought they were going to announce all the characters at once I'm guessing you don't know what it is exactly.

Oh, and they were supposed to announce the first character yesterday but they postponed it because of the tragic events that took place during the Boston Marathon.

I do , but they said that 4 characters would be available when you purchase the season pass which is a vague statement and misleading. Do you understand that?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

what do you get with the season pass? I always avoid those. I also stop pre-ordering, now its just turned into a cheap method for getting DLC that should have been included in the game anyway

Also why would you want DLC on the day of release. I'd just be annoyed the DLC wasn't included in the game. If DLC is released the same day as the game its a crock. Don't give me game space issues, if it is a space issue just include it as a free download. Separating portions on the game already available on the disk or already available for the game prior to release isn't an honest business practice. DLC is stuff I'd hope is being developed post release.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmashBrawler

@evilvegeta74 said:

@smashbrawler said:

I do , but they said that 4 characters would be available when you purchase the season pass which is a vague statement and misleading. Do you understand that?

Dude, a Season Pass is like pre-ordering DLC. None of the DLC you "get" from a Season Pass is going to be instantly available. In fact, it's likely some of those characters aren't even finished yet (or at least I hope so, since I loathe on-disc DLC).

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

what do you get with the season pass? I always avoid those. I also stop pre-ordering, now its just turned into a cheap method for getting DLC that should have been included in the game anyway

Also why would you want DLC on the day of release. I'd just be annoyed the DLC wasn't included in the game. If DLC is released the same day as the game its a crock. Don't give me game space issues, if it is a space issue just include it as a free download. Separating portions on the game already available on the disk or already available for the game prior to release isn't an honest business practice. DLC is stuff I'd hope is being developed post release.

Many would be wise to follow in your footsteps, I should have went with my first mind. Honestly the game is cool , but I'm not gonna give two flying f**ks about playin in a different character skins next week. I feel like we have been scammed and enticed.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

@evilvegeta74 said:

@smashbrawler said:

Dude, a Season Pass is like pre-ordering DLC. None of the DLC you "get" from a Season Pass is going to be instantly available. In fact, it's likely some of those characters aren't even finished yet (or at least I hope so, since I loathe on-disc DLC).

Smash , nothing personal against you, but when you advertise a product, you advertise it correctly. I mean why would you advertise selling a chevy without the wheels, only to tell the buyers that, well, we are gonna send you a wheel next month and the rest are coming sometime later, no definite when. That's crazy man , and that is exactly what has happened here. The season pass was sold with 4 DLC shapes and when people saw this they bit like fish. they wer sold a false dream!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

... why would you expect it? Seriously, when I got the season pass, I assumed that I wouldn't be getting the DLCs until over the summer, at the very least. That's just the way it is: it's the option of "owning" the DLC before it's available, meaning you'll pay less when it actually does come out. It was not falsely advertised.

My only issue is that I can't input my code for the Red Son pre-order, but it looks like it's just a system overload.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bogey
No Caption Provided

It's the first day since the game came out and you expected to get four dlc's all at once cause you bought the season pass? Someone is a candidate for the Darwin award.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

@jedixman said:

... why would you expect it? Seriously, when I got the season pass, I assumed that I wouldn't be getting the DLCs until over the summer, at the very least. That's just the way it is: it's the option of "owning" the DLC before it's available, meaning you'll pay less when it actually does come out. It was not falsely advertised.

My only issue is that I can't input my code for the Red Son pre-order, but it looks like it's just a system overload.

R u on PS3?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I didn't know what a season pass was, so I bought it think you'd get the 4 characters right away. Somebody misinformed me saying that the characters will be playable on the launch date. It might have been from Injustice or someone on CV, idk. But I do feel cheated, just because Injustice didn't give enough info to people who are new to purchasing a 'season passes'.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey said:
No Caption Provided

It's the first day since the game came out and you expected to get four dlc's all at once cause you bought the season pass? Someone is a candidate for the Darwin award.

@ccraft said:

@smashbrawler said:

I didn't know what a season pass was, so I bought it think you'd get the 4 characters right away. Somebody misinformed me saying that the characters will be playable on the launch date. It might have been from Injustice or someone on CV, idk. But I do feel cheated, just because Injustice didn't give enough info to people who are new to purchasing a 'season passes'.

The sales people in the gamestop store said the 4 DLC would be available, so yeah I'm hot!

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is the way Season Passes have been since they started. You can pay in advance, and you basically get four DLCs for the price of three or whatever it is.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmashBrawler

@evilvegeta74: I see where you're coming from, man, but you're just not getting it. Its not so much a scam but rather a lack of information for some people.

@ccraft said:

@smashbrawler said:

Now this I kinda agree with. Maybe the definition of what a "Season Pass" is should have been made more clear, either by NetherRealm or the sites that published the news.

Either way, it's not a scam.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By noj

It honestly seems more like you didnt do your research about it than any false advertising from the company. If your clerk at wherever you bought the game told you that they would be available immediatly then either they are a douche or misinformed but once again that isnt the fault of Neatherrealms. This is how DLC season passes have always worked and nowhere in the advertisng material does it say that they would be available immediately They even have them blacked out on the flyer that probably shouldve tipped you off.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

R u on PS3?

Yes.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: This was the first time I ever heard of Season Pass DLC, they should have informed people what Season Pass actually was, they might not have needed to because a large majority of gamers know what it is, but it would have been nice to know. I was also misinformed about the DLC because someone told me it would be released on launch date. I wish I could remember who it was, it might have been more than one person too.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered at gamestop, should there be a redeemable code inside my instruction guide or do I find it online about the red son package?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ccraft

@smoothjammin: your code is on the receipt, I hope you didn't throw it away...

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue isn't that Netherrealm or WB misinformed you. It's that you misinterpreted them.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is why you research before paying for shit.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@bruxae said:

This is why you research before paying for shit.

This

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

you actually thought they would give us all 4 of the characters on the day the game came out?

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

@evilvegeta74: They did announce the first DLC character. Its Lobo.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

The season pass is essentially a discount, it doesn't mean that we'll get everything off the bat. They'll announce each character one-by-one and probably try to spread the releases apart to keep people interested.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What did you expect? It's called a season pass. When you get season tickets, do you get to see all the baseball games at once?

Avatar image for deadpool_deathstroke
Deadpool_Deathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#28  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@evilvegeta74: They did announce the first DLC character. Its Lobo.

that isnt relevant to the topic at all. he's mad that the characters werent ready to play the second he downloaded the season pass.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By mightyrearranger

Season Passes are nice. For this game, I feel like I will grab all the characters just for increased diversity, so it makes sense.
Then again, if they end up going with Black Canary or Swamp Thing and their movesets are too standard/plain, I may forfeit on them and it would make buying the pass a moot point. :/

Hoping for Mirror Master or Cold, as well as Martian Manhunter and maybe Zatanna.