INJUSTICE GAU Scorpion Rant

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So if you are playing injustice, you probably know the latest dlc character scorpionnis a total nuisiance when other people use it. So if you are a mk player and a scorpion fan, then leave now because your character will get lots of negative view i think. But it really does not make any sense to create a game featuring dcs iconic characters and mean it to be a superhero brawler, and then F***K the multiplayer experience up for all the dc fans who buy the game just for the superhero aspect of it. Why scorpion? Just why? Not only because he is over powered, but also because he DOES NOT FIT IN FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. I just get irritated whenever I see that freak dominating lv 90 players in the hands of a lv 30 noob. I just cant stand it! Good Job netherrealm, you only pleased the noobs who play the game injustice just for the figting mechanics and cause a pain in the ass for all the people who main their favorite superhero but get humiliated by some cheapass using the overpowered scorpion while he is ABSOLOUTELY POINTLESS. Please netherrealm, GET THAT SCORPION NUISIANCE OUT OF THE GAME!!! AND PUT SOME OTHER DLC CHARACTERS IN, LIKE MM OR ANYONE ELSE. SCORPION IS GOOD ENOUGH IN MK, NO NEED TO RUIN A GAME OF SUPERHEROES ONLY!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

They're obviously not going to get rid of him out of the game. Its not like they didn't put any effort into Scorpion, because Jim Lee redesigned him. Sure, Scorpion can be annoying since a lot of noobs play as him, but Netherrealms is nerfing him in the next compatibility pack. And what's stopping you from just quitting the match if you see a Scorpion player? I personally main Nightwing, but I still find Scorpion very enjoyable to play.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Please. Scorpion isn't even that good. His teleport and super are easy to block. Any "noob" playing him is really easy to take out, and they hate it when their "great and powerful" Scorpion is taken out.

That said, I've come across good Scorpion players, who are no less or more annoying than really good Batman players.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

They're obviously not going to get rid of him out of the game. Its not like they didn't put any effort into Scorpion, because Jim Lee redesigned him. Sure, Scorpion can be annoying since a lot of noobs play as him, but Netherrealms is nerfing him in the next compatibility pack. And what's stopping you from just quitting the match if you see a Scorpion player? I personally main Nightwing, but I still find Scorpion very enjoyable to play.

Scorpion and Batgirl area lot of fun against range spammers.

Take that, Deathstroke!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SideburnGuru

It's one character. It's not going to tarnish your little game. I love it. I play it all the time with my freinds. He doesn't ruin the game. People are talking about a major nerf for him, however. People, top rank players are leaving the game, right before EVO. That's not good.

Honestly, he's alright. The problem with him is, the teleporting and hellfire is that, he's not really fit into the game with his style of fighting. They went about it wrong. Personally, I dislike Boon for it, and the outcry that he's still DLC shows how anti people were towards it. Wasn't even this bad for Freddy in MK.

Honestly, he just needs nerfed. Top players are leaving right before EVO, and a patch is coming before EVO. This is going to be a mess.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
Actually, the patch notes could suggest they're buffing him as well.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By JLDoom

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

And what's stopping you from just quitting the match if you see a Scorpion player?

I think doing this would have the same result as losing to the Scorpion player as abandoning a fight counts as a loss (I don't know if this is the case any longer as I haven't played online for some time and they may have changed this with a patch).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

@jldoom said:

And what's stopping you from just quitting the match if you see a Scorpion player?

I think doing this would have the same result as losing to the Scorpion player as abandoning a fight counts as a loss (I don't know if this is the case any longer as I haven't played online for some time and they may have changed this with a patch).

This should be the case.

I've never quit in the middle of a match, even against a spammer. Win or lose with grace.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By w0nd

So how does it make you feel that Angela from Spawn just crossed over into the Marvel Universe, because that's pretty much kind of the same thing. There are always these cross overs

"and then F***K the multiplayer experience up for all the dc fans who buy the game just for the superhero aspect of it."

How did it fuck the multiplayer experience up? Still the same fighting game. ONE character didn't ruin it for me, if that one character ruined the whole experience for you then there must not have been a good foundation to begin with.

And no I don't give two turtle sh*ts about MK. but they at least put some effort in redesigning him, and making it clear he was teleported to another universe and is just randomly there. Still the same game good vs bad, and he's just another character.

Like jedixman said, if you are good enough you should be able to kill him. It's no different then a skilled player using Harley's moves to destroy average players.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JLDoom

@jedixman: Same here. Although quitting from a fight against one of those Deathstroke spammers that plagued the game a few months ago was pretty damn tempting...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JediXMan  Moderator

@jldoom said:

@jedixman: Same here. Although quitting from a fight against one of those Deathstroke spammers that plagued the game a few months ago was pretty damn tempting...

It was annoying, but it's not as bad anymore - mostly because the majority of players have learned ways around his spamming.

Combat Deathstroke spamming with Batgirl spamming!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't picked up my injustice in a couple of months, seems like the critics can never be satisfied one way or another. Who came up with the term "zoning" anyways?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Meh I can beat anyone with The Flash

But yes, I hated that character within seconds of my first fight,

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

People need to get over this, complaining about it isn't going to help, they nerfed Scorpion already and NRS is about to do it again with the 7/2 Patch that's coming. Also fixing and adding a buff.

The funny thing was all the hate comments Scorpion got on FB lol like "I'm going to sell my guy now" grow the fuck up.

If you really dislike Scorpion fight the guy once (at least) and if he spams just leave after the match, don't just leave because you think he's going to spam. I've had that problem, because online players will leave if I want to pick Sinestro, before the match starts. It's annoying.

I used Scorpion a lot once he came out, I main'ed him for a few weeks, played over 100 online matches with him and then moved on to another character. I'm trying to get all the Hero Card stuff.

(Injustice) Scorpion Respect

And I know this is a "DC" fighting game and you'd like to see plenty of other DC characters instead of Scorpion, but overall it is NRS game, and they can decide who they want to add. NRS adding one of the most popular fighting characters from MK makes a lot of sense, and Scorpion shouldn't be hated just because he's not a DC character.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@jedixman: He is really hard to block and has the potential to execute ridiculous combos, and he is NOT in dc, he shouldn be in this game.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: He is really hard to block and has the potential to execute ridiculous combos, and he is NOT in dc, he shouldn be in this game.

His teleport is the easiest thing to predict, Scorpion is also a very easy character to read. also his combos are pretty low compared to others, he has to active his character trait to get 40% on his big combos. Learn to ADAPT like some online players.

Example: If your full screen apart from each other, you need to duck then jump if he doesn't teleport, because he'll do his hellfire attack.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Well that just proves that they are trying to balance him even more.

@jedixman said:

Take that, Deathstroke!

You got that right, although people also spam Scorpion and Batgirl's teleportation. Batgirl's is super easy to punish, but more annoying than Scorpion's if you do get hit by it. Scorpion's is faster but can't really lead into a combo. Usually my Nightwing can counter both Scorpion and Batgirl quite easily. But yes, you have a point against spammers. They can't trap you anymore. Deathstroke's dumb rifle + grenade meter burn won't trap me anymore!

@jldoom said:

That's exactly why I never butt out of a fight, because I have made incredible comebacks before (and I am very honorable in this game). But, I was referring to the OP's situation, as he couldn't bare the site of Scorpion, he should just avoid Scorpion players.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@ccraft: I main batman and with full screen, the only thing thatvis available is to spam batarangs which are slow. But I guess using ds or sinestro to zone the crap out of scorpion players are reasonable. The thing is you really cannot predict their teleport because it is so fast.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why it matters so much, he's an ok opponent. What noobs wouldn't spam moves to win ( everyones done it at some point don't lie ). They might just feel more comfortable with him than the others. Or maybe they hate all of DC and are out to take down all heroes and villains slowly.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Meh I can beat anyone with The Flash

But yes, I hated that character within seconds of my first fight,

Well then, I take it you're ranked #1 if that's true? :P

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You are ruining the sanctity of my DC game by infecting it with your out of place MK characters! 'Scoff' For shame!"

You kids are hilarious.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I main batman and with full screen, the only thing thatvis available is to spam batarangs which are slow. But I guess using ds or sinestro to zone the crap out of scorpion players are reasonable. The thing is you really cannot predict their teleport because it is so fast.

Batman has a trait that is faster than those batarangs, but if you use it he might teleport, it's all about reading your opponent for what he might do next. But ducking while he teleports doesn't hit you, but I think this patch 7/2 might fix that idk..

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: He is really hard to block

... no, he's not. At all. He's really easy to block. Scorpion teleports? Duck and uppercut, over and over. The Scorpion player is more likely to leave the game than win if all they do is spam teleport.

Yes, he can pull off combos. So can really good Batman players, Green Lantern players... and pretty much every good player. He's not easier than others. He's only a noob character because he's easy to beat noobs with. He won't get you far against decent players.

Actually, Sinestro and Deathstroke get owned by Scorpion, because they're range characters. Characters who focus on keep away. If that's how you intend to fight Scorpion, yeah, you'll get beaten.

You can predict the teleport, because players have habits that they stick to.

@ccraft said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Batman has a trait that is faster than those batarangs, but if you use it he might teleport, it's all about reading your opponent for what he might do next. But ducking while he teleports doesn't hit you, but I think this patch 7/2 might fix that idk..

Batarang, then counter. The Scorpion player will teleport and get taken down.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediXMan  Moderator

@sideburnguru: Well that just proves that they are trying to balance him even more.

@jedixman said:

Take that, Deathstroke!

You got that right, although people also spam Scorpion and Batgirl's teleportation. Batgirl's is super easy to punish, but more annoying than Scorpion's if you do get hit by it. Scorpion's is faster but can't really lead into a combo. Usually my Nightwing can counter both Scorpion and Batgirl quite easily. But yes, you have a point against spammers. They can't trap you anymore. Deathstroke's dumb rifle + grenade meter burn won't trap me anymore!

They need to make Scorpion more like Batgirl, in that - if your teleport misses - you're vulnerable. That would make people think twice. Yes, you're still left vulnerable now, but the time period needs to be raised by half a second.

I still find Batgirl more annoying than Scorpion.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet if you went to practice mode with Batman and set Scorpions wake up attack to teleport I bet you can parry it. Just practice that and then try it out online.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

So how does it make you feel that Angela from Spawn just crossed over into the Marvel Universe, because that's pretty much kind of the same thing. There are always these cross overs

"and then F***K the multiplayer experience up for all the dc fans who buy the game just for the superhero aspect of it."

How did it fuck the multiplayer experience up? Still the same fighting game. ONE character didn't ruin it for me, if that one character ruined the whole experience for you then there must not have been a good foundation to begin with.

And no I don't give two turtle sh*ts about MK. but they at least put some effort in redesigning him, and making it clear he was teleported to another universe and is just randomly there. Still the same game good vs bad, and he's just another character.

Like jedixman said, if you are good enough you should be able to kill him. It's no different then a skilled player using Harley's moves to destroy average players.

Angela crossing over isn't a big deal because she's a comic book character going into a comic book world..Her character is on a fresh slate and everything she did in Image is irrelevant in Marvel since none of her background exists now while being a Marv character..Whereas Scorp is a MK character crossing over into a comic book universe that's never involved him or any of his fellow MK combatants so no it's not the same kind of thing.

Anyways my take on it is people like the OP are allowed to get angry over this because it's not the first time Netherrealm has done something like this. Many people suggested all these MK characters that they wanted to see in MK 9 and NR pretty much ignored them all just to add Freddy Krueger and now they're here adding guys like Scorpion who's never had anything to do with DC aside from MK vs DC. IMO it feels like Boone and the crew ignore who people want and add who they want instead. If there's no limit to the characters they're adding then it doesn't bother me..but when they have a limit to the characters that they can add and they choose to add someone like Scorpion over someone like say Firestorm(We've got Killer Frost,but no FS?)then yeah I can agree with people getting mad. Besides scorpion doesn't even look like himself in this

How did he go from looking like this

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101013032515/mortalkombat/es/images/f/f9/Image_gallery_%281%29.png

to this?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125773/3086966-7686818620-Injus.jpg

IMO he looks like Noob Saibot trying to dress up like Scorpion

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DigitalShooter9
trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By trebean

@w0nd said:

Angela crossing over isn't a big deal because she's a comic book character going into a comic book world..Her character is on a fresh slate and everything she did in Image is irrelevant in Marvel since none of her background exists now while being a Marv character..Whereas Scorp is a MK character crossing over into a comic book universe that's never involved him or any of his fellow MK combatants so no it's not the same kind of thing.

Anyways my take on it is people like the OP are allowed to get angry over this because it's not the first time Netherrealm has done something like this. Many people suggested all these MK characters that they wanted to see in MK 9 and NR pretty much ignored them all just to add Freddy Krueger and now they're here adding guys like Scorpion who's never had anything to do with DC aside from MK vs DC. IMO it feels like Boone and the crew ignore who people want and add who they want instead. If there's no limit to the characters they're adding then it doesn't bother me..but when they have a limit to the characters that they can add and they choose to add someone like Scorpion over someone like say Firestorm(We've got Killer Frost,but no FS?)then yeah I can agree with people getting mad. Besides scorpion doesn't even look like himself in this

How did he go from looking like this

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101013032515/mortalkombat/es/images/f/f9/Image_gallery_%281%29.png

to this?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125773/3086966-7686818620-Injus.jpg

IMO he looks like Noob Saibot trying to dress up like Scorpion

Well, for one thing, Angela's crossing into the MAINSTREAM Marvel Universe, while Scorpion is crossing onto an ELSEWORLD DC Universe, yet People seem to more angry about Scorp than Angela's. You said it yourself that they wiped out Angela's entire history, while Scorp is merely a guest character (It's a fighting game, 30% of Fighting Games I've played always had a guest character)

Also Freddy Krueger? Most DL'd DLC . (And just to rub it in, which characters would you rather had in MK9 than Freddy?)

Why shouldn't Netherrealm fan wank their poster boy?

Heck Capcom crammed in Ryu in Asura's Wrath, Namco and Capcom added Pac-Man and Megaman in SFxT, I'm pretty sure Mario was somewhere in Pilot Wings 64, and let's be serious, other than MK, what other series can Netherrealm use to promote themselves?

Also Boon ignoring fan calls? Heck, who made the rumours of Ermac, Rain, and Scarlet into true characters? (Yeah, they're not much, but it's a great feeling when one of your school yard game rumors in the old days suddenly become real)

Boon already said there won't just be this batch of DLC Characters so don't get your undies in a bunch, you'll probably get your characters later.

Also don't agree about your opinions on the costume, I like Jim Lee's take on him.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew someone would obviously misunderstand what I said..
Freddy being most DL'd doesn't mean anything. I DL'd him too because I just wanted another character and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Just to rub it in? Are you a kid or something? Why shouldn't they..Oh I don't know,maybe because there's like hundreds of other DC characters that should've came first long before scorpion bud. Hmm let me see..Was this game made to be about DC characters or for Boone to try to slip in Scorpion because MK vs DC failed horribly..Hmm

Yeah Boone making more MK characters..That's totally solving the problem of him not adding actual DC characters. I've already said that if this isn't a limited number of characters then it doesn't matter which thus means your opinions are irrelevant. Disagree all you want..That costume still sucks

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew someone would obviously misunderstand what I said..

Freddy being most DL'd doesn't mean anything. I DL'd him too because I just wanted another character and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Just to rub it in? Are you a kid or something? Why shouldn't they..Oh I don't know,maybe because there's like hundreds of other DC characters that should've came

first

long before scorpion bud. Hmm let me see..Was this game made to be about DC characters or for Boone to try to slip in Scorpion because MK vs DC failed horribly..Hmm

Yeah Boone making more MK characters..That's totally solving the problem of him not adding actual DC characters. I've already said that if this isn't a limited number of characters then it doesn't matter which thus means your opinions are irrelevant. Disagree all you want..That costume still sucks

Game companies can't please everyone, best thing people can do is get over it.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have haf no problems fighting him. Scorpion is a classic character that anybody can vet good with. iv went against him hundreds of times lol. I smash with aquaman against him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: They could make it more punishable, but to be honest if you just crouch, his teleporting doesn't hurt you...like at all. Then just leg sweep him and get a combo going.

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

Take that, Deathstroke!

They need to make Scorpion more like Batgirl, in that - if your teleport misses - you're vulnerable. That would make people think twice. Yes, you're still left vulnerable now, but the time period needs to be raised by half a second.

I still find Batgirl more annoying than Scorpion.

Yeah they are both different types of nuisances. You can punish Scorpion at times though when he is flipping in the air after he misses a teleportation attack.