Injustice 2? *Spoilers*

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

In case you haven't played the game, you get to play as superman from a different reality where Lois doesn't die in the last mission. He defeats the evil superman, who I believe should've died for killing Lex Luthor and Shazam ( which were sad death's by the way). In the ending scene he is locked up in isolation with light that gives off red solar radiation. Before the screen goes black we see his eyes glowing red as if he was going to use heat vision. Is superman ( evil) going to come back as the main antagonist freeing all of his buddies and waging an all out war against the superheroes in the different reality?

Superman said if he were in evil superman's shoes he would've done the same thing if Lois and the whole city of metropolis died. Is it time to put supes in a freaking straitjacket? Or give Lois and invisible shield or something?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By New_World_Order

It kind of reminded me of Superboy Prime.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deaditegonzo

@comicace3: No, Superman says he MAY have done the same thing in Evil Superman's position. There is a big difference, and now, after seeing the evil universe, he is likely to know better.

Anyway, if you play Superman's Arcade Mode through the end, his epilogue shows him having a Kryptonite "bomb" installed in his heart that can be set off remotely, and the Justice League holds the detonator. Maybe that would be the best possible contingency plan.

I hope, if there is a sequel, it is a unique story.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By comicace3

@thundergodswrath: Now that I think of it he kinda does.... Anyway's was Billy's death sad or what!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

I just want to say that I hate story mode. Why? Because the entire game should be about the alternate reality, not how the "real" heroes interact with it. The whole story should have been committed to the idea that Superman is evil in this game.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Now that I think of it he kinda does.... Anyway's was Billy's death sad or what!

It was sad. You can even here him whimpering. But in no way or form should have Superman done it that easily. Captain Marvel is basically Superman's equal. Superman always had a little more strength while Cap evened it out with his magic. I remember there was a time, Cap knocked Superman out with 2 magical punches to the face.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

I just want to say that I hate story mode. Why? Because the entire game should be about the alternate reality, not how the "real" heroes interact with it. The whole story should have been committed to the idea that Superman is evil in this game.

I disagree. Superman is dragged through the mud far too much for the sake of Batman. If they were only going to focus on the one universe, Evil Superman should have won because there is no way Batman could take him down.

Also, Superman coming in and taking all the baddies down as a last resort was the most satisfying part of the game.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've thought the same thing to, I hope they do make a second game.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there so many Bat related characters throughout the game even in backgrounds?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there so many Bat related characters throughout the game even in backgrounds?

I guess since Batman Arkham City made a lot of money... Bringing in all those characters would make fans want to buy the game more. Anyways I love how Martian Manhunter stands in the back round during story mode and does nothing....

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

@comicace3: I wanna play as MM, and wish the game would focus on more characters in DC universe

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Surkit

In case you haven't played the game, you get to play as superman from a different reality where Lois doesn't die in the last mission. He defeats the evil superman, who I believe should've died for killing Lex Luthor and Shazam ( which were sad death's by the way). In the ending scene he is locked up in isolation with light that gives off red solar radiation. Before the screen goes black we see his eyes glowing red as if he was going to use heat vision. Is superman ( evil) going to come back as the main antagonist freeing all of his buddies and waging an all out war against the superheroes in the different reality?

Superman said if he were in evil superman's shoes he would've done the same thing if Lois and the whole city of metropolis died. Is it time to put supes in a freaking straitjacket? Or give Lois and invisible shield or something?

lol she needs a dog, or a whistle...something :P

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

I disagree. Superman is dragged through the mud far too much for the sake of Batman. If they were only going to focus on the one universe, Evil Superman should have won because there is no way Batman could take him down.

Also, Superman coming in and taking all the baddies down as a last resort was the most satisfying part of the game.

If Batman lost, I'm okay with that. It's not a Superman/Batman thing; I'm just unhappy with the universe hopping. I wanted it to take place completely in one universe, with the heroes taking sides. Because, really, I got a seriously holier-than-thou attitude from the other heroes who judge the actions of the other universe, which they have no right to do. If alt-Superman wants to rule the world, fine - as long as he doesn't cross over and take over other worlds. But it's not the place of the main Justice League to judge what somebody else does.

It's like this: how bad would Superman: Red Son be if it ended with the real Superman coming in and stopping Superman? It's much better if the story was resolved exclusively by those in that universe, be it by Batman, Lex, or Superman ultimately winning.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmashBrawler

I'm more interested in knowing just what the hell was up with Green Lantern's ending.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I'm more interested in knowing just what the hell was up with Green Lantern's ending.

yup. just as vague and unsatisfying as the one in MKvsDCU

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Red Son had a Superman who never really gave up his morality. He was raised differently, with a different political ideology, but he was still Superman. He saved Americans, even though they were his enemies.

But I see where youre coming from and agree a bit. My biggest anxiety as I started hearing about the story was that it was just another opportunity to wank Batman, which would be a huge letdown for me, being a big fan of pretty much every OTHER character besides Batman, so I was incredibly relieved when that wasnt the case. To me, it was them having their cake (a story about a tyrant Supes), and eating it as well (allowing each person to play their favourite character and each character having a highlight). Like I said, though, I get what youre saying.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By dernman  Online

From what I'm hearing it seems like the comic and video game are not the same.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: R

ed Son had a Superman who never really gave up his morality. He was raised differently, with a different political ideology, but he was still Superman. He saved Americans, even though they were his enemies.

Yes, but his morals were different. Normal Superman would not brainwash and torture people.

Really, though, as I said, my problem is that the game should have committed and only have one Superman, one Batman, etc. and the entire thing take place in that universe.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wel here is the issue with the only one universe dynamic. Superman had killed every other Hero and Villain who stood against him by the point the game began. So you would have been stuck with Batman: Injustice not what we got. It would have been batman fighting and defeating each surviving Hero and either turning them to his side or leaving them to Superman to off when they fail or doubt him.

So unless you wanted to just play Batman then we had to have dimensional hopping. It was also a nice polish on this sense of 'Other' for the bad Superman as if he was not the 'real' Superman. Ensuring even if kids play this they will know that the bad Superman was not the real one.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

I guess since Batman Arkham City made a lot of money... Bringing in all those characters would make fans want to buy the game more. Anyways I love how Martian Manhunter stands in the back round during story mode and does nothing....

Right? Also how at the fight with Doomsday/Superman still has Doomsday in the background

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@comicace3 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Right? Also how at the fight with Doomsday/Superman still has Doomsday in the background

LOOOOOOOL SO true...

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By KingOfAsh

If it has Swamp Thing and Darkseid as playable characters, then I would be happy.