Infinity or New 52 Justice League Vol 1?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Both involved a single villain dishing out beatings to popular and well loved super-heroes, but which one series did you enjoy best and which character most impressed you out of Thanos and Darkseid. Before everyone says Thanos shrugging off Black Bolt's shout and Thor's lightning, I want to add that Darkseid shrugging off by having both eyes stabbed by Wonder Woman and Aquaman was also fairly impressive!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Aquaman also stabbed Darkseid in the chest...twice...:D (although one of the scans is in Action comics)

Anyway. Haven't read Infinity (I really don't like big events for the most part...especially cosmic) so I'd recommend JL.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine008

Infinity. Sweet event for the most part.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Justice League

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Infinity was one of the best events ever and the first story arc of JL was totally mediocre IMO.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Infinity by a mile

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eternal19

JL vol 1 was crap. haven't read infinity, but anything is better than JL volume 1.The main problem with JL vol 1 is that it played out like a Michael bay movie. Instead of focusing on character and story all it did was focus on action scenes. All of the characters act completely out of character and DC's greatest villain is reduced to a chump.

Geoff Johns at his worst

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

JL

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

JL vol 1 was crap. haven't read infinity, but anything is better than JL volume 1.The main problem with JL vol 1 is that it played out like a Michael bay movie. Instead of focusing on character and story all it did was focus on action scenes. All of the characters act completely out of character and DC's greatest villain is reduced to a chump.

Geoff Johns at his worst

Infinity by a mile

Infinity was one of the best events ever and the first story arc of JL was totally mediocre IMO.

These.

Thanos also stomped imo.

I loved it. JL volume 1 wasn't really that great.....it's mainly good as filler-issues more than anything else,which is actually what it felt like.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TheFirstLantern

I thought the last two issues of Infinity where anti-climactic. For a six part series it got 4/5 on my book, Justice League was well different but I got it through some literal scans so i couldn't see the art but it still looked great. So JL. Besides its cheaper than infinity.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAZAHS117

Own both runs. Gotta say i enjoyed the art in JL Vol1 a little more. ( and just barely cause the work in INFINITY is stunning)

INFINITY had a better overall story and was written better.

Darkseids beatdown of the Justice League vs Thanos whuppin' the Avengers? Going to go with Thanos stomping the Avengers as more impressive. Darkseid was stabbed by Arthurs trident and stabbed in the eye by Dianas sword and got knocked into a boom tube, while Thanos TANKED everything that was thrown at him until the power of plot arrived. Tho I do question if Thor was really going all out in comparison to his fight with Gorr in the God of Thunder series.

Anyways, Justice League Vol1 kinda plays out like a Micheal Bay big budget movie with s'plosions thats very pretty to look at and watch but no real substanance, while INFINITY was more of a well crafted JJ Abrams sci-epic. *shrugs* Take your pick, apples to oranges imho

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Johns at his worst

Perrrrty much this

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

JL or you've committed heresy.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points