Infinity + Infinity.. or Infinity x Infinity ?

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've seen many a times on the vine people stating that 2 omnipotent beings can't exist in the same universe ! I humbly disagree with the statement !

When you think "All powerful", you imagine a singular being or abstract being wielding total and absolute power ! No one can challenge that being because he's above them all to an infinite degree ! I'll use Beyonder and TOAA as examples !

I for one believe Beyonder was truly omnipotent ! He was TOAA alongside TOAA who already existed in the Marvel U ! Beyonder had All power.. Could do as whatever he pleased ! Then viners would state that that's impossible ! He could not be omnipotent because an omnipotent being already existed.. Well those geico commercial kids had the right idea ! What's infinity + infinity ? Infinity right ? What if you multiply them ? Infinity right ? Two omnipotent beings can exist in one realm simply because infinity can never "Fill Up" a universe !

Look at The Presence and GEB.. The presence combined its self with GEB simply because they were on even footing ! There's no point in two all powerful beings fighting ! It's like hot air trying to fight cold air ! It's just going to create a tornado that destroys everything but the air ! Lol

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2 SC  Moderator

Depends on how definitions are applied. Comic book forum fans are notorious for going by common sense type reasoning to justify assertions rather than establishing definitions, criteria and acknowledging and understanding loopholes and exceptions to claims and assertions.

Omnipotence by many definitions either isn't actually possible, or its relative and thus applicable more than once. Depends on the definition. So I think I basically agree with you. There are different types of infinity mind you, and infinity isn't a real countable number, its a concept. Its also different to omnipotence. Its a lot easier for omnipotence characters in fiction to exist than in reality, because its up to viewer discretion to buy the claim or assertion of the author of fiction. In fiction anything that can be imagined and communicated is possible even if it directly contradicts itself and even if its basically nonsense and incoherent. This is not true of reality and how we define things. Certain things by definition can't be contradicted and its up to evidence and science and proof that we basically give more value to what is demonstrated as more actual than not.

This is also why the TOAA is a good example of a projected omnipotent character, because its a meta character that makes reference to various real life creators. Any writer that would depict the The One Above All negatively and as not all powerful would run the risk of insulting Kirby's legacy in Marvel. Kirby's likeness has been used for TOAA before for example. Kirby is a huge name in comics and respected by so many creators inside the industry to a greater extent than Stan Lee for example. Jim Shooter on the other hand and what he did with the Beyonder character was a lot more polarizing and not as much of a tribute to any other real life person. Its much easier to deride and undermine that character even with its heavy association with Shooter. Either way the TOAA is more than just a fictional character, its a reference to real world creators that can do anything they want imagination limited to fictional reality. Just as a character? Its no more powerful than various other comic book companies projected end all stand in for prime movers, parallels to big G gods.