Speak for yourself.

BB

#6 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

If we're lucky, only those four.

Speak for yourself.

BB

Why? Representatives speak for the mobocracy all the time.

#7 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

You'll find that there are a great deal of people here who would be more than happy to see more LGBT parents in comics.

#8 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's it ? V-V

indy peeps, wanna chime in ? lol

#9 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

You'll find that there are a great deal of people here who would be more than happy to see more LGBT parents in comics.

You'll also find a great deal of people who wouldn't be and are afraid to do so for fear of being shunned and having a difficult time like the LGBT used to be (and should still be) ironically enough. Luckily for me though, since my apathy is greater, I'm not one of those people.

#10 Posted by AdamtheSubmariner (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats it? Wow thats pretty poor

#11 Posted by Saren (25666 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter and Apollo used to be parents pre-Flashpoint; currently they're not. Alan Scott used to be the father of Jade and Obsidian, but he's only gay post-reboot so I guess that doesn't count, especially since he doesn't have kids. Apart from that......very few I can think of. Who even reads indie comics, anyway?

@perezite said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

You'll also find a great deal of people who wouldn't be and are afraid to do so for fear of being shunned and having a difficult time like the LGBT used to be (and should still be) ironically enough. Luckily for me though, since my apathy is greater, I'm not one of those people.

Totally. It's so very hard to be a heterosexual male in a world ruled by heterosexual males these days. So much oppression and bigotry.

#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggie Sawyer is either Gay or Bisexual, and she has a daughter. :)

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

So people's intolerance (see bigotry) isn't being tolerated? Boo hoo.

#14 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@perezite said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

So admit that the best way to fight that is by being just as bigoted if not more so?

#16 Posted by Saren (25666 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought about replying, but given the user in question's history it's likely he just wants the attention, so screw it.

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought about replying, but given the user in question's history it's likely he just wants the attention, so screw it.

This is funny, though:

BB

#18 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be more.

#19 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

His last comment was flaggable, feel free.

#20 Posted by Saren (25666 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: Seen that before, still funny though. John Oliver's mockery of the gun-rights lobby was also hilarious.

#21 Posted by comicace3 (5233 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@fodigg said:

So admit that the best way to fight that is by being just as bigoted if not more so?

One should be no more tolerant of bigotry than one should be tolerant of setting yourself on fire. It's laughable to claim that calling out bigots is bigotry itself, let alone even more bigoted.

#24 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggie Sawyer is either Gay or Bisexual, and she has a daughter. :)

Oh, that's by birth, not adoption.

#25 Posted by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Midnighter and Apollo.

Mystique and Destiny.

Those are all who come immediately to mind, and I'm not 100% positive on the second one.

Is mystique lesbian or Bi-sexual?

I believe Bi-sexual.

@perezite said:

@citizenbane said:

Midnighter and Apollo used to be parents pre-Flashpoint; currently they're not. Alan Scott used to be the father of Jade and Obsidian, but he's only gay post-reboot so I guess that doesn't count, especially since he doesn't have kids. Apart from that......very few I can think of. Who even reads indie comics, anyway?

@perezite said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

Totally. It's so very hard to be a heterosexual male in a world ruled by heterosexual males these days. So much oppression and bigotry.

No. It's hard to admit you hate butt pirates without people trying to convert you into a butt pirate tolerater or accepter.

That was.........wow.

Just......

@perezite said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@perezite said:

@billy_batson said:

@perezite said:

Speak for yourself.

BB

Da scruggles.......

#26 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: I can see how it may have been unclear though. I think my "Oh" made it sound like I had made a mistake.

#30 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell did this thread go from a simple question to oppressed straight males?

#36 Posted by i_like_swords (14228 posts) - - Show Bio

What does LGMT stand for?

#37 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

What does LG (B) T stand for?

Lesbian

Gay

Bisexual

Transgender

#38 Posted by i_like_swords (14228 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (14889 posts) - - Show Bio

Apollo and Midnighter were parents before the reboot but currently they aren't.

#40 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't Miss America's parents (Young Avengers) gay? I have no idea what her back story is but there were two women following her around, insisting she go back with them and she referred to them as her parents. Doesn't mean they are a couple per se but could be.

No names or anything anywhere but here's a picture of them: