Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

I`m back for part two!

But, I decided to change things a bit. Instead of being an editor at DC, in this imaginary-tale of mine, I decided that I`m simply a fan who can decide of what kind of series DC can consist of , for a few years, maybe.

Why? I found a genie who let me have one wish. And it couldn`t be "I wish for a perfect world".

Here`s part one, if you stumbled upon this one as its own post, instead of actually stumbling upon my blog.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/kfhrfdu_89_76k/imaginary-dc-series-line-part-1/87-87382/

Anyways...

80-page giants

An 80-issue miniseries (or even more issues. Maybe 800.). Each ish is 80 pages. 8-12 issues a year. Has obscure (and not that obscure) characters frolicking around, in pretty much whatever adventures (the story has to be great, of course) the creators want. Teen titans, black superheroes functioning as a team, League of superheroes, Birds of prey, Atom, Kamandi, The Spirit, Penguin (the villain, not the hero (though, the hero would be awesome too))...

Also has bat-characters. Yes, originally I thought that they would stay in Detective comics, but as pointed out, TEC could be about detectives, instead of bat-heroes.

Anthology-series.

Actually, this series might render alot of the series I`ve thought up, pretty much needless. Okay, maybe not. I suppose that alot of them deserve a series. But, if the series are cancelled, there`s probably enough room in this one.

Gotham (?)

If, and I mean IF, there`s not enough room for all the Bat-heroes and other super-Gothamites in TEC and 80, there will be this one. So, it works as I originally thought that TEC would work. Like this:

Be it an issue, that stars Barbara Gordon, Commisioner Gordon, Ragman or pretty much anyone, in a one-shot story. Or a six or more issue arc starring 12 different characters, functioning as a team. Or a year-long epic about Nightwing. Just use those characters who are collecting dust.

All new characters and series

10, 20...I don`t know how many.

Outsiders

@Icarusflies`s idea. There probably wont be a Metamorpho-series, if he gets enough story space in this one.

Captain Marvel/ Captain Billy Batson*

Should have a writer who wouldn`t screw it up.

JSA

Maybe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothings else springs to mind right now. Maybe some other day. I dunno.

Approximately, there would be 27-49 series, if I could decide. Heh, that`s even less than the "new" 52. Of course, It would also be up to the fans and writers, what would be published. I`d like 80-page giants the most. And New gods. If written by, say, Grant Morrison. Or someone else who knows how to write them the way Kirby envisioned them.

* > )

#1 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

cool. a lot of nice ideas...

#2 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

What kinda series would ye like to be published?

#3 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: hmm...I would say a Question (Vic Sage) ongoing would be interesting, though I would probably equally enjoy a detective comics series which is actully about detectives (or at least have more of a mystery element to it).

this is actully pretty tough to think what I would want to see published...

• Probably a solid Batman Beyond series (one which is not shortened to make room for two other series in one title like they did with Batman Beyond Unlimited maybe give Justice League Beyond their own title, but I wouldn't want them together if it means it is shortened to fit some page amount).
  • What would be cool would be to have a series which showcases some of the more obscure DC characters (or characters DC now owns). It could be run sort of like Showcase and if a character is popular enough they could get their own series. I guess it would be like dc presents but it should have the more obscure characters who don't usually get some of the limelight

I'm sure if I thought about it some more I could think of some more ideas. I'm sure there are some wonderful characters I've totally forgotten about that hasn't been mentioned yet...

#4 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

That`s the point of the 80-page giants taht I thought up. To present those obscure ones.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: hmm... surprised I missed that one...

#6 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

Indeed. Also, don`t "reply" when you write something to a blog post...

#7 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Outsiders!! :)

#8 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

Well, I guess I got to publish it now. = )

#9 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

• Young Justice - I'd make "Young Justice" the name of an actual team in the DCnU made up of proteges (aka sidekicks) like in the Young Justice cartoon.
  • Titans - Basically this would be the Teen Titan's using Raven, one of the Robins, Beast Boy, Starfire, and a second version of Cyborg. I wouldn't call them Teen Titans because the word Teen limits the comics in a way that prevents non-teens from taking part in the comic.
  • Cyborg - A comic about Victor Stone of the DCnU.
  • Shadow Cabinet - I'd make a team made up of Milestone comic characters. My first choice would be a reboot of Milestones Shadow Cabinet, but currently the DCnU has changed the Shadow Cabinet to "the Shadow Cabinet is a secretive group which runs the covert organization Stormwatch", so I'm not sure how if that teams available. As an alternative I'd chose the Blood Syndicate (another popular Milestone team). This team of Milestone characters would use Icon, Rocket, Static Shock, Hardware, Xombi, and Dharma in a team based in Dakota.

@The Poet said:

this is actully pretty tough to think what I would want to see published...

• Probably a solid Batman Beyond series (one which is not shortened to make room for two other series in one title like they did with Batman Beyond Unlimited maybe give Justice League Beyond their own title, but I wouldn't want them together if it means it is shortened to fit some page amount).

I like this idea too, but instead of just Batman Beyond, I'd like to see a type of Justice League Beyond comic based in the DCnU.

#10 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts:

Well, you thought this trough, alright.

Cyborg-one sounds the best to me.