Images from Gotham Episode 3 "The Balloonman" Released

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Tonight is the premiere of Gotham on FOX. Last week, we got to catch a glimpse of photos from episode two, entitled "Selina Kyle" This week, we get a look at photos from episode three of the series, titled "The Balloonman." Episode three will air on October 6th.

Here's the official description for the episode, followed by the photos:

Detectives Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who is killing corrupt Gotham citizens by attaching them to weather balloons. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot returns to Gotham and gets a new job close to an influential figure in the underworld in the all-new “The Balloonman” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon
Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon
Detective Crispus Allen (Andrew Stewart Jones, R) questions Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, L)
Detective Crispus Allen (Andrew Stewart Jones, R) questions Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, L)
Detectives Renee Montoya (Victoria Cartagena, L) and Crispus Allen (Andrew Stewart Jones, R) question Fish Mooney
Detectives Renee Montoya (Victoria Cartagena, L) and Crispus Allen (Andrew Stewart Jones, R) question Fish Mooney
Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney
Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney
Detectives Gordon (Ben McKenzie, L) and Bullock (Donal Logue, R) argue about ethics
Detectives Gordon (Ben McKenzie, L) and Bullock (Donal Logue, R) argue about ethics
Detectives Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, L) and James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, R) leave the GCPD princint
Detectives Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, L) and James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, R) leave the GCPD princint
Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) returns to Gotham
Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) returns to Gotham
Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) finds a new job
Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) finds a new job
Detective James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, R) enlists Selina Kyle's (Camren Bicondova, L) help in finding evidence
Detective James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, R) enlists Selina Kyle's (Camren Bicondova, L) help in finding evidence
Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova) escapes from handcuffs
Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova) escapes from handcuffs

"The Balloonman" airs on Monday, October 6th on FOX.

All photo credits: Jessica Miglio/FOX

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

but he's rich. why would penguin need to work? hmmm

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Really looking forward to this show.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

CRISPUS ALLEN!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Maybe it's like "The Batman" where he squandered his family's fortune.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Had no idea Renee Montoya was gonna be on this show. That's exciting.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

@eyedcyou said:

Bet they're gonna screw her up by making her straight and have a thing for Gordan. Just so they have more reason to ignore using Batwoman in anything.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87: I sure hope not.... I mean Gordon's (future) wife is in the show, so hopefully they'll just tackle that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

@fables87 said:

@eyedcyou said:

Bet they're gonna screw her up by making her straight and have a thing for Gordan. Just so they have more reason to ignore using Batwoman in anything.

I'd like to see that just to see certain peoples reactions.

Like those who support changing race, sexual preference then calls those who don't phobic, racist no matter the reason and those who complain and get called those things.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

@dernman: @eyedcyou: I would love to see Batwoman in this, but man DC really doesn't like using her or making her a big name. When I saw Renee Montoya in this show I had hopes for it, but so far I'm not watching this until thy add Batwoman...if they even do that. I just feel like they're going to screw stuff up in this. Already don't like how the Penguin is done.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87: Idk I mean this show is absolutely not continuity.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@fables87: I wana say it was Heller or another producer but they've said she will be a lesbian in the show.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman

@fables87 said:

@dernman: @eyedcyou: I would love to see Batwoman in this, but man DC really doesn't like using her or making her a big name. When I saw Renee Montoya in this show I had hopes for it, but so far I'm not watching this until thy add Batwoman...if they even do that. I just feel like they're going to screw stuff up in this. Already don't like how the Penguin is done.

repost deleted the other post by mistake

I don't see a good way for her to show up unless you're ok with them dropping her hero identity. Bruce is a kid and you can't have batanything before Batman and she would be too old by the time he does.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I mean I guess it's possible. This show is throwing out all continuity. I mean Jim shouldn't even be in Gotham until Bruce is 30.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@dernman: I mean I guess it's possible. This show is throwing out all continuity. I mean Jim shouldn't even be in Gotham until Bruce is 30.

ya but a batperson before Batman is much bigger issue. Plus they have precedence for Jim to be there while Bruce is a kid at least in the movies. Not sure about the comics. In the comic other than Year One did it say when he came to Gotham in earlier versions?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I don't know for sure... He's had several retellings. Maybe Renee will turn out to be the question? Neva know.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman

@eyedcyou said:

@dernman: I don't know for sure... He's had several retellings. Maybe Renee will turn out to be the question? Neva know.

Personally I'd rather they kept superhero's out of the series unless it's before their career. At least until Batman shows up and that shouldn't happen until the last episode if even that.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Yeah. We'll have to see. I have high hopes but low expectations.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: That first trailer really didn't help them. It was terrible and they had to do damage control afterwords. The producer or director had to go on record saying that the show didn't look like that.

I'll say this as a positive. So far it looks like they chose well for a young Selina Kyle. Not sure I'll feel the same once she grows up but for now I like her. I'm very picky. :p

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Ha don't worry me too. I'm WAYYY more excited for Flash & Constantine.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@amazingwebhead: i was thinking maybe his parents disowned him for is criminal activities

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Arkham games his family squandered their fortunes trying to keep up with the Waynes. He was also sent to study abroad which may imply that he's unwanted by them as well.

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know what's up with all this talk about "I hope to see ____." Why haven't people realized yet that this entire series (for as long as it last) is only going to be about pre-vigilante, pre-super criminal Gotham city. It might as well be called GORDON or Law & Order: Gotham. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ranting (I'm not) it's just I can't get behind a show that insist on using so many of Batman's supporting character's, like Bullock and Montoya, but keep the person who will later become Batman a kid.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87: I feel like they were hinting at Renee and Barbra having a previous romantic relationship, remember that bit about Renee knowing Barbra in was Gordon doesn't/can't.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, if Renee Montoya is in this, the Batwoman should be in this, problem is she is Batman's cousin, and you can't really have a 10 yr old Batwoman running around. And then there is the unfortunate pedo implication with Renee. Better just to create a new girlfriend for her.

josai21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching the pilot I can confirm that

Renee maintains her sexuality. She and Jim's fiance used to have a thing.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't know what's up with all this talk about "I hope to see ____." Why haven't people realized yet that this entire series (for as long as it last) is only going to be about pre-vigilante, pre-super criminal Gotham city. It might as well be called GORDON or Law & Order: Gotham. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ranting (I'm not) it's just I can't get behind a show that insist on using so many of Batman's supporting character's, like Bullock and Montoya, but keep the person who will later become Batman a kid.

I feel you, bro.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ALREADY LOVE GOTHAM!

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87 said:

@eyedcyou said:

Nope, they didn't and she had a thing for a different Gordon.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember, they can't have supers, but people can always be crazy.

gordianknott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gordianknott

@amazingwebhead: from what I saw in the pilot it isnt tgat he needs work or money. He is doing it because he is cruel. He likes hurting people.