#1 Posted by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

First I read almost exclusively marvel books (I read DC but not that much), but over the few months I caught myself buying and enjoying more and more DC books due to new 52 I think, it's not quite were I buy more DC than Marvel but it's catching up, I buy TPB's you see and i'm more excited for future DC books than marvel books and normally I will buy more DC books than marvel books. Don't get me wrong I still like marvel and I'm still planning to buy my regular books like JIM and invincible iron man but I feel things shifting.

Do you think I'm turning DC if so would you welcome me.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

One of us. One of us.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Nok.

#4 Posted by druzod2501 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

welcome to the Corps Poozer!!

#5 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey their is nothing wrong with playing both sides of the field I get lots of DC with some Marvel

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

One of us. One of us.

@JonSmith said:

Nok.

ahahahaha

but really, you don't turn DC and it's not some disease. Maybe you are changing sides and influences. It's ok, I consider myself a Marvel fan before a DC and I'm getting all DC and none Marvel until the end of AvX and Marvel Now

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun 'n' games

We got everything you want, honey we know the names

We are the people that you find, whatever you may need

#8 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as you still get Daredevil! Right now, I honestly think DC is far superior comic-wise, but I also know that can change on a dime.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (30608 posts) - - Show Bio

Join us. Embrace the Dark Side of the Force.

#10 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm like both DC and Marvel, but Batman comics made me lean more into liking DC, also the JLA cartoon and comics i used to read when i was 10.

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes,it's already spread throughout your organs there's no cure.

#12 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Your mind has been tainted and cursed, I'm sorry, there is no way to save you now.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24386 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome....to the DC Nation.... 

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't just go with one company, there's tons of great stuff like Invincible and Walking Dead from Image, Hellboy and the Star Wars books from Darkhorse theres a whole world of options

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

DC books are pretty good right now so it isn't really a big thing to read from the company dishing out better stories. I still get more Marvel, but I've been picking up more DC books and plan on adding a couple more soon. Marvel will get it's sh!t together eventually and when they do I plan on knowing whats going on lol.

#16 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

I must admit as a Marvel fan, seeing those New 52 on the wall, all on the same issue and all with the New 52 logo on the cover, just makes me want to buy them. I don't get why some DC fans don't like the New 52 as they're hard to resist.

#17 Posted by dvader (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Just curious Loki, but which new 52s are you reading? And which Marvel comics are you or were you into before the DC bug bit you?

#18 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Nok.

THIS! HAHAHAHA!

@Duke_Nasty said:

I must admit as a Marvel fan, seeing those New 52 on the wall, all on the same issue and all with the New 52 logo on the cover, just makes me want to buy them. I don't get why some DC fans don't like the New 52 as they're hard to resist.

Not me buddy. Of course, some characters and titles have inevitably become weaker since the n52 came along - but as a whole, it's been great - in my opinion at least.

#19 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

another deserter i have to shoot. gonna need more bullets.

#20 Posted by SoA (4837 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Don't just go with one company, there's tons of great stuff like Invincible and Walking Dead from Image, Hellboy and the Star Wars books from Darkhorse theres a whole world of options

@Loki9876: i was a big marvel fan too but over last couple years ive gotten into DC and like u , im anticipating their new lines ups and stories over marvel . but like joshmightbe said , expand ur tastes . try looking into witchblade and the darkness from top cow another indie company that wont let you down

#21 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel ya, I'm reading thirteen DC titles and on the Marvel side only ASM...although I plan on picking up Captain Marvel in a couple of weeks. As far as the big two are concerned DC is making the comics that appeal to me.

#22 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Nok.

haha perfect.

I read both, but more DC than Marvel. There is some great story lines in The New 52.

#23 Edited by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: yes of course you're right I read some American Vampire and exmachina@KainScion said:

another deserter i have to shoot. gonna need more bullets.

It's not like I'm abandoning marvel, I still read marvel but I just noticed that I'm much more intrested than I used to be.

#24 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: joke. but really god will punish you.

#25 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: You don-t have to be a Marvelguy or a DCguy, you just can be a Random guy.

#26 Posted by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: nooooooooooo

#27 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:

@Loki9876: You don-t have to be a Marvelguy or a DCguy, you just can be a Random guy.

Random Guy is the pinnacle of human society. 
Jokes aside, I do know what you mean. I was a Marvel only fan, loved their comic books and never looked twice at DC. But until recent times, for some unknown reason, I gave DC New 52 a go and I loved it, been reading ever since. Marvel still do some good titles like Uncanny X-Force but I find that they lack in having a great selection of good titles. I find that Marvel has a few good titles whereas DC has more good titles ongoing.
#28 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner: Well currently I read as much DC as I do with Marvel, I thnk that both are pretty even right now, but I don't know, maybe I need to start reading more tittles, I really want to read WW and Stormwatch, I am not sure with the second one.

#29 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: I heard WW is pretty good, don't know about Stormwatch. At the moment, for me, I find DC more interesting but it can all change so easy, especially now that marvel is launching Marvel now in October.
#30 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

One of us. One of us.

*In A British Accent* Yes become one with the collective.

#31 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I have, for the most part been a DC guy, but I still read Marvel books. There is nothing wrong with reading books from both companies as long as you are enjoying what you read.

#32 Edited by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner: Oh yeah, Marvel NOW would actually bring a change, Hickman writting the Avengers, I never thought such thing would happen.

I hope that Journey Into the Mystery would survive to all these changes.

#33 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: As they say "only time will tell"
#34 Posted by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

@Deadcool said:

Random Guy is the pinnacle of human society.
Jokes aside, I do know what you mean. I was a Marvel only fan, loved their comic books and never looked twice at DC. But until recent times, for some unknown reason, I gave DC New 52 a go and I loved it, been reading ever since. Marvel still do some good titles like Uncanny X-Force but I find that they lack in having a great selection of good titles. I find that Marvel has a few good titles whereas DC has more good titles ongoing.

yeah, it's the same with me.

#35 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

Turning DC? Is that like turning gay? I thought it wasnt a choice I thought you were born that way ?

Seriously buy whatever you want, both companies put out good stuff. I'm buying more DC currently because I'm stuck on Red Hood and the GL titles.

#36 Posted by sagejonathan (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Nok.

This is a win

#37 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

As they say "only time will tell"

Damn, I hate that =(...

#38 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Traitor!!

#39 Posted by Lvenger (19933 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always good to mix and match. My pull list consists of 4 DC titles, 2 Marvel titles and 1 IDW. Though I'm a DC fan first and a Marvel fan second, it's always good to add some variety with other companies like Image, IDW and Dark Horse. I have yet to move onto smaller publishers though.

#40 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading one over the other is never a good thing, because no matter which you leave, you'll be missing out on good stories. It is better to read both, and get the best of both worlds, than be a hipster thinking one is better than the other.

#41 Posted by HammerTron (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Go independent.

Lots of stuff out there besides Marvel and DC.

#42 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3015 posts) - - Show Bio

You say turning over to DC like it's a negative or bad thing...It's not!....What is a bad thing is pigeon-holing yourself (not saying you peronally, as I don't know you for squat) in one company or style of comics....Nothing wrong with expanding your horizons...Me, I love both MARVEL and DC as each company provides for me something the other one won't or can't...Also like IDW and darkhorse too...So what I'm saying is go ahead and dive into DC, they've got some great books and characters, nothin' to feel guilty about!

#43 Posted by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117:No, I know I just wanted to give it a comedic twist. Oh and I trie to read a lot of different things.

#44 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

One of us. One of us.

#45 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

lol

#46 Posted by inferiorego (24614 posts) - - Show Bio

@HammerTron said:

Go independent.

Lots of stuff out there besides Marvel and DC.

Vertigo can be his gateway drug

Staff
#47 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I'm on board.

#48 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: Don't feel bad. I've stopped reading Marvel.

#49 Posted by TheThe (1733 posts) - - Show Bio

We need to organize a party for you, like a DC baby shower ! Yikes xD

#50 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

I try to take portions of DC, Marvel, Virgin, Dynamite, Image, and the imprints of DC/ Marvel.