#1 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be so epic to watch. Godzilla will be better than the dark night trilogy.

#2 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are fighting words on comicvine.

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (43729 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hyped too.

But maybe it's because of Elizabeth Olsen.....

#4 Posted by Jayc1324 (12817 posts) - - Show Bio

I am also excited

#5 Posted by XxEdward_KenwayXx (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Woa, woa, woa, I'm just as excited for Godzilla as the next guy, but I don't think it'll come close close to TDK trilogy quality level. Chill your pants dude. It will possibly be the best kanji film ever, but I'm going to keep my expectations low just in case it disappoints.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13419 posts) - - Show Bio

I looking forward too it as well.

#7 Edited by comicace3 (6036 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see some quality destruction.

#8 Edited by Primebonnick (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yea me too ALL HAIL THE KING OF ALL MONSTERS

#9 Posted by Godzilla_BK (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll never forget the day my dad took me out to see Godzilla 2000 in theaters. I've been waiting for another Godzilla flick in theaters since that day, but as a huge fan, (hence my username), I can't help to be a bit nervous. I hope they don't butcher it

#10 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too.

#11 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I can't wait for the movie. Me and a couple of my friends plan to see it on release day.

#13 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxedward_kenwayxx: @godzilla_bk: @infamous_wolf:

It already had its early release and reviews for it have came out and overall has been rated 9/10. Some guy even said it had the best fight seen he has ever seen in his life.

It's time. Never been more hyped for a movie not even for the avengers.

#14 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't be better than TDK. (its literally not possible with this subject matter, sorry)

It will be glorious none the less.

#16 Posted by Xwraith (19402 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that everybody is hyped for it except me.

#17 Posted by TastyBloodIsTasty (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! Have you seen the FIAT ad it shows quite a bit of big g

#18 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: @fallschirmjager: I guess the genres are so different that it's really hard to compare it to batman........inb4 bateman vs godzilla threads are made.

Xwraith why aren't you excited for Godzilla? Are you not a fan of the original or did the 1998 version tarnish your love for godzilla that much?

#19 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by TastyBloodIsTasty (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: I am a bit mad that the ad shows more than the actual trailers.

#21 Posted by Xwraith (19402 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by RustyRoy (13280 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't be better than TDK. (its literally not possible with this subject matter, sorry)

It will be glorious none the less.

This.

#23 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Fanboy detected. :P godzilla will stomp.

#24 Posted by RustyRoy (13280 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that you? :P

Anyways I'm excited for Godzilla and I hope its epic.

#25 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

Its nothing to do about fanboyism man. The best films of all time are the best because of the story.

Godzilla fights a monster isn't one of those stories. But that 'doesn't mean its not going to be a great movie.

People like to hate on it nowadays on this forum but TDK has one of the greatest stories ever. Its not regarded with the likes of the Godfather "just because Heath Ledger carried it". (idiots)

#26 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: your telling me the dark knight rises was that good? Bane being some broads goon is a good story to you? Monsters fighting each other are the best stories ever, take pokemon for example. Godzilla is already confirmed for a 9/10 movie and having the best fight scene in movie history. The batman trilogy had sub par fight scenes and the dark knight was the only one of the 3 with a good story. Bow down to your new god.....Godzilla. BatGod is dead.

#27 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: No, but TDK is.

Action is irrelevant. Fight scenes are becoming obsolete on a yearly basis now thanks to technology. What makes a movie all-time great is the story.

Again, I'm going to love Godzilla regardless but its not going to be one of the greatest films of all time.

Even Gravity, which was shot in SPACE, has an incredibly weak story. And someone will shoot something more visually impressive within a year or two at most.

#28 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: jaws didn't have a great story but is considered one of the best movies of all time. Stop acting like a perfect story is the only way a movie can be in the top.

#29 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

@fallschirmjager: jaws didn't have a great story but is considered one of the best movies of all time. Stop acting like a perfect story is the only way a movie can be in the top.

No it isn't.

I didn't say perfect story. Nothing is perfect. But it always comes back to the story.

#30 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12023 posts) - - Show Bio

IIIIIIIIIMMMM RREEEAAAADDDDYYYYY!

For this movie.

#31 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: it's ranked 56 out of the top 100 movies. Stop your biased rant. Godzilla will own harder than any film ever to exist.

#32 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

@fallschirmjager: it's ranked 56 out of the top 100 movies. Stop your biased rant. Godzilla will own harder than any film ever to exist.

56? out of 100? you have a loose definition of great.

(I don't even know who's 100 this is)

You can call me bias if you want, I can easily say the same to you for making such a claim. You haven't even seen the movie yet and you want to consider it one of hte greatest of all time.

Whatever. I'm done with this. Think what you want.

#33 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

56? out of 100? you have a loose definition of great.

(I don't even know who's 100 this is)

You can call me bias if you want, I can easily say the same to you for making such a claim. You haven't even seen the movie yet and you want to consider it one of hte greatest of all time.

Whatever. I'm done with this. Think what you want.

Fanboy can't handle the truth that his precious batman will get stepped on by Godzilla, so you gonna leave and cry like a baby?

#34 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6111 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8511 posts) - - Show Bio

Quoting for truth.

#36 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

Official IMDb Rating

Godzilla 9.3/10 rating > The Dark Knight 9/10

I told you!

#37 Edited by Omnicrono (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@those_eyes said:

Quoting for truth.

Quoted for absurdity.

#38 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by BURNTHEPRIEST (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely can't wait for this film, hope to see it this weekend. One thing I found odd is that I haven't been able to see a trailer for it in theaters.

#40 Edited by Omnicrono (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

@omnicrono: 9.3/10 > 9/10

Eat it son.

lol... no offense, but... what are you smoking? That Godzilla IMBD score is based on only 4,000 user scores thus far. The Dark Knight's is based on over 1 million.

Oh, but I can quote scores too...

Here, how about these ones from Rotten Tomatoes:

Godzilla(2014) - 85%

The Dark Knight - 94%

94% > 85%

Furthermore, you are basing your opinion on the first (and only) film of what might be a new Godzilla trilogy, and of which might possibly be as good of a trilogy as The Dark Knight trilogy. You might want to at least wait until there actually is a new Godzilla trilogy before comparing it to another one.

Finally, the movie hasn't even been released to the general public yet, so you might want to hold off on blowing your trumpet until the general populace has seen the movie and all the critic reviews are in. lol

#41 Posted by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: I'm from the future. I've seen everything. Godzilla stomps!

#42 Edited by Omnicrono (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

@omnicrono: I'm from the future. I've seen everything. Godzilla stomps!

Interesting response. I think we're done here.

#43 Posted by MetalJimmor (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

To be fair, you don't know what kind of story the new film will have. There was a lot of talk about humanity and it's arrogance.

It's perfectly possible to have a truly great movie with a monster in it. Even two monsters fighting each other. The only thing that matters is WHY they are fighting, and what that represents. A great story can be told in any genre and with any premise. What matters is the skill of the writers behind it, and the ability of the actors and special effects department to convey that story to the audience.

I don't necessarily believe Godzilla will be the greatest movie ever made. However to say it's impossible is a little short sighted.

That being said...

GODZILLA! YAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

#44 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: If you want to play the Impossible game - Fine. Extremely unlikely to the point of not worth considering.

As said, I will most likely love the hell out of it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start comparing it to movies like Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List or Godfather 1/2. TDK has been compared to those films.

#45 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

Quoting for truth.

It is done ;)

#46 Edited by those_eyes (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by Ostyo (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I truly hope it's good. All the pieces are there for a masterpiece of fun.