#1 Posted by Godbreaker (62 posts) - - Show Bio

it seems like fraction, bendis... marvel itself.... and especially Joe Quesada hate him...

im not a thor fanboy by no means, and even if your not a big thor fan.. you should know he is one of the most powerful characters in the marvel universe, and that he shouldn't get beat rarely at all...

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that would be boring to read about. In big events he gets defeated to show the gravity of the situation. I agree most of it is crap, but if Thor swooped in and defeated everyone with ease what would be the point of reading it?

#3 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

No, they hate Hank Pym...

#4 Posted by Godbreaker (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: which is why he should be facing more cosmic threats, then dealing with earthly threats

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Godbreaker: He did just go toe to toe with the PF in his defense, but he is an Avenger and a majority of his team are much weaker than him so they play him off as weaker to put them on more equal terms. It happens in team ups as well when someone like Daredevil is teamed up with someone like Iron Man. A good writer can make use of every member of the team and do them justice, but Fraction nor Bendis are as strong of writers as Marvel like to play them off.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor isn't and has never been a punching bag...

#7 Edited by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was hardly a punching bag in Fear Itself. He singlehandedly killed a low-end Skyfather while suffering from wounds received from his battles with Galactus and Angrir/Nul. I'd say that's pretty beast.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

What comics are you people reading where Thor isn't still a powerhouse? Where is all this "writers hate Thor" and "Thor is a punching bag" stuff coming from? Did I miss something? 

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
What comics are you people reading where Thor isn't still a powerhouse? Where is all this "writers hate Thor" and "Thor is a punching bag" stuff coming from? Did I miss something? 
Fanboys don't like it when their favourites are shown as anything but invincible. Simple as that, really.  
#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I honestly have no idea what the OP is babbling about. Sure, Thor gets underwritten occasionally for plot purposes, but other than that, 616 Thor is a staple of a well-written character within Marvel.

Ultimate Thor has been going through an immense amount of suffering lately, but it fits well and he still remains a badass despite losing his magic.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Vance Astro said:
Fanboys don't like it when their favourites are shown as anything but invincible. Simple as that, really.  
@Illuminatus said:

@Vance Astro said:

I honestly have no idea what the OP is babbling about. Sure, Thor gets underwritten occasionally for plot purposes, but other than that, 616 Thor is a staple of a well-written character within Marvel.

Ultimate Thor has been going through an immense amount of suffering lately, but it fits well and he still remains a badass despite losing his magic.

That's what I thought.