#1 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

And I'm really excited about it! Last year's con whet my appetite and this year looks to be good once again! Granted we can't get all the fancy glitz and glamour present in SDCC or NYCC but this is still one of the biggest comic cons in the UK! According to a leaflet I got, the guests include the likes of Kieron Gillen, George Perez, Roy Thomas, the infamous Dan Slott and special guest Neal Adams. Here's the event schedule for the day

11.30 – 12.15 SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN

Doc Ock replacing Peter Parker as Spider-Man in Amazing Spider-Man #700 definitely raised the interest levels and the first issue of Superior Spider-Man continues the debate to a new level. With Dan Slott attending we couldn’t resist the opportunity to discuss the event and the reaction of comic readers everywhere.

12.30 – 13.30 COMIC GEEK SPEAK PRESENTS: CREATORS VS FANS

Members of the audience will have their chance to compete against our panel of creators.

13.45 – 14.45 ZENESCOPE: GRIMM FAIRY TALES ANIMATED

Zenescope Art Director, Anthony Spay, hosts a panel to show off the pilot episode of Grimm Fairy Tales Animated. Anthony will be on hand to share some details about the pilot and talk to the fans of the comics about what to expect next from Zenescope.

15.00 – 15.45 BATMAN THROUGH THE AGES

In Neal Adams, Brian Bolland, Gary Frank, and David Finch we are lucky to have 4 creators who can discuss Batman’s journey from the 1960s to present day. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to ask them about the Dark Knight’s evolution.

16.00 – 16.45 JUDGE MINTY SCREENING

With the attendance at the show of Judge Dread creators Carlos Ezquerra and John Wagner, a screening of the not-for-profit fan film, Judge Minty, couldn’t be more opportune.

I'm only going to the Superior Spider-Man one and the Batman one but if anything significant crops up in them I'll try and report it before writing my blog on it.

All in all, this con seems like it'll be another great time! I plan to pick out some comics, a graphic novel/trade or 2 and maybe get Perez to sign my copy of The New Teen Titans #1. I don't do queues that well in all honesty. And hopefully there'll be some crazy cosplayers that I can take pictures of and show to you guys. Last year there was an awesome guy in a silver Iron Man costume from the first movie. That was brilliant. Anyway watch this space for my blog on this year's London Super Comic Con!

#2 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15114 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome man, make sure to take pictures.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34295 posts) - - Show Bio

Ezquerra and Wagner will be there and our not going to see them :-O

#4 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: I will don't worry!

@Jonny_Anonymous: I've just had a look at the two people you specifically mention. Ezquerra is notable for his Judge Dredd work and I'm afraid I'm not too big a Dredd fan. Too much like the Punisher and I haven't read any Judge Dredd comics. My only experience is that awful film with Stallone in. As for Wagner, he worked on Trinity? That's something of his I have read. Maybe I'll go see him. Are you going to the convention?

#5 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4873 posts) - - Show Bio
Have fun! I always wanted to go. Are you cosplaying as well? (+)
#6 Posted by laflux (17519 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, Finally being a comicbook fan in the U.K bears fruit.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@DarkKnightDetective: I will don't worry!

@Jonny_Anonymous: I've just had a look at the two people you specifically mention. Ezquerra is notable for his Judge Dredd work and I'm afraid I'm not too big a Dredd fan. Too much like the Punisher and I haven't read any Judge Dredd comics. My only experience is that awful film with Stallone in. As for Wagner, he worked on Trinity? That's something of his I have read. Maybe I'll go see him. Are you going to the convention?

Argh Dredd is nothing like the Punisher and totally forget that god awful Stallone film, infact watch the new Carl Urban one it's much better. Wagner and Ezguerra created Judge Dredd, the greatest most British sci-fi franchise of all time!!

#8 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@DarkKnightDetective: I will don't worry!

@Jonny_Anonymous: I've just had a look at the two people you specifically mention. Ezquerra is notable for his Judge Dredd work and I'm afraid I'm not too big a Dredd fan. Too much like the Punisher and I haven't read any Judge Dredd comics. My only experience is that awful film with Stallone in. As for Wagner, he worked on Trinity? That's something of his I have read. Maybe I'll go see him. Are you going to the convention?

Argh Dredd is nothing like the Punisher and totally forget that god awful Stallone film, infact watch the new Carl Urban one it's much better. Wagner and Ezguerra created Judge Dredd, the greatest most British sci-fi franchise of all time!!

Yeah I know, it is one of the better comic book creations that we Brits have produced but it's hard for me to get into. Considering that my favourite character is a shining symbol of moral goodness, Dredd strikes a sharp contrast with that. Also I take it you don't like the generalisation of Dredd to the Punisher given your "Argh" comment.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@DarkKnightDetective: I will don't worry!

@Jonny_Anonymous: I've just had a look at the two people you specifically mention. Ezquerra is notable for his Judge Dredd work and I'm afraid I'm not too big a Dredd fan. Too much like the Punisher and I haven't read any Judge Dredd comics. My only experience is that awful film with Stallone in. As for Wagner, he worked on Trinity? That's something of his I have read. Maybe I'll go see him. Are you going to the convention?

Argh Dredd is nothing like the Punisher and totally forget that god awful Stallone film, infact watch the new Carl Urban one it's much better. Wagner and Ezguerra created Judge Dredd, the greatest most British sci-fi franchise of all time!!

Yeah I know, it is one of the better comic book creations that we Brits have produced but it's hard for me to get into. Considering that my favourite character is a shining symbol of moral goodness, Dredd strikes a sharp contrast with that. Also I take it you don't like the generalisation of Dredd to the Punisher given your "Argh" comment.

Jo Dredd is also a shining beacon of moral goodness... well at least he is in a total fascist state in a post-apocalyptic future. Yea I don't like the Dredd/Punisher comparison because Dredd fallows the law to the letter 100% forsaking all others, he doesn't kill everybody all the time, only when the crime they commit results in a death sentence.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@DarkKnightDetective: I will don't worry!

@Jonny_Anonymous: I've just had a look at the two people you specifically mention. Ezquerra is notable for his Judge Dredd work and I'm afraid I'm not too big a Dredd fan. Too much like the Punisher and I haven't read any Judge Dredd comics. My only experience is that awful film with Stallone in. As for Wagner, he worked on Trinity? That's something of his I have read. Maybe I'll go see him. Are you going to the convention?

Argh Dredd is nothing like the Punisher and totally forget that god awful Stallone film, infact watch the new Carl Urban one it's much better. Wagner and Ezguerra created Judge Dredd, the greatest most British sci-fi franchise of all time!!

Yeah I know, it is one of the better comic book creations that we Brits have produced but it's hard for me to get into. Considering that my favourite character is a shining symbol of moral goodness, Dredd strikes a sharp contrast with that. Also I take it you don't like the generalisation of Dredd to the Punisher given your "Argh" comment.

Jo Dredd is also a shining beacon of moral goodness... well at least he is in a total fascist state in a post-apocalyptic future. Yea I don't like the Dredd/Punisher comparison because Dredd fallows the law to the letter 100% forsaking all others, he doesn't kill everybody all the time, only when the crime they commit results in a death sentence.

Ah I see. Hasn't IDW got the rights to Dredd now and are doing a series on Dredd?

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@DarkKnightDetective: I will don't worry!

@Jonny_Anonymous: I've just had a look at the two people you specifically mention. Ezquerra is notable for his Judge Dredd work and I'm afraid I'm not too big a Dredd fan. Too much like the Punisher and I haven't read any Judge Dredd comics. My only experience is that awful film with Stallone in. As for Wagner, he worked on Trinity? That's something of his I have read. Maybe I'll go see him. Are you going to the convention?

Argh Dredd is nothing like the Punisher and totally forget that god awful Stallone film, infact watch the new Carl Urban one it's much better. Wagner and Ezguerra created Judge Dredd, the greatest most British sci-fi franchise of all time!!

Yeah I know, it is one of the better comic book creations that we Brits have produced but it's hard for me to get into. Considering that my favourite character is a shining symbol of moral goodness, Dredd strikes a sharp contrast with that. Also I take it you don't like the generalisation of Dredd to the Punisher given your "Argh" comment.

Jo Dredd is also a shining beacon of moral goodness... well at least he is in a total fascist state in a post-apocalyptic future. Yea I don't like the Dredd/Punisher comparison because Dredd fallows the law to the letter 100% forsaking all others, he doesn't kill everybody all the time, only when the crime they commit results in a death sentence.

Ah I see. Hasn't IDW got the rights to Dredd now and are doing a series on Dredd?

They don't have the rights to Dredd but IDW and 2000AD have partnered up so that IDW can distribute some 2000AD books like Dredd and Zaucer of Zilk

#12 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Ah that's it.

#13 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I am incredibly jealous. Have fun and take lots of pictures for us!

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20426 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun!

Oh, and this :

@callsignneptune said:

Have fun and take lots of pictures for us!

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick !

#16 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Alright !

#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Had I known about London I wouldn't have made plans to go to the glasgow one. Any way hope you have fun dude.