#1 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I need help finding what's good in the new-52 DC comics. I told myself that I'd never get into DC, so I didn't bother with the new-52 comics when they came out. Well I just read the first volumes(I buy the actual books, not the comics. Cheaper for me. It's 7 comics for 15 dollars.) of Demon Knights and Red Lanterns. I loved both. Right now, I don't understand why no one seems to like the Red Lantern series. I thought that it was entertaining, and I've always been interested in learning about Atrocitus. Both Etrigan and Atrocitus are already becoming really good comic characters to me. But I want to know what you guys love, and what you think that I should read.

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

It really depends on what your into but I've been digging

• Red Lanterns (It's started off painfully slow and almost directionless I felt, but I've enjoyed it too)
  • Green Lantern
  • Animal-Man
  • Justice League Dark
  • Stormwatch
  • The Savage Hawkman (suffering from Liefeld syndrome at the moment)
  • Dial H
  • Earth 2
#3 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman and Demon Knights are great.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Animal Man/Swamp Thing, I, Vampire

#5 Posted by nickthedevil (12101 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash, and Aquaman.

#6 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: Aqua Man good? I use to hate his comics.

@DoomDoomDoom said:

It really depends on what your into but I've been digging

• Red Lanterns (It's started off painfully slow and almost directionless I felt, but I've enjoyed it too)
  • Green Lantern
  • Animal-Man
  • Justice League Dark
  • Stormwatch
  • The Savage Hawkman (suffering from Liefeld syndrome at the moment)
  • Dial H
  • Earth 2

Glad I'm not the only one that likes the Red Lantern series. And I'll look up some of these.

@InnerVenom123 said:

Batman, Animal Man/Swamp Thing, I, Vampire

Isn't there a few Batman titles?

#7 Posted by nickthedevil (12101 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Aquaman is veeeeerrrrryyy good.

#8 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are my current favorites, but for the love of everything comic related GET Aquaman. It is probably the best superhero comic out right now, excluding my bias towards Wood's X-Men, Brubaker's Captain America and Hawkeye's new solo.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man is a must.
BB

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29: Batman by Snyder.

#11 Posted by derf_jenkins (395 posts) - - Show Bio

There are several Batman related books, but the one simply titled Batman that is written by Scott Snyder is the way to go. I also agree that Aquaman is a solid read. I think if you did both Animal Man and Swamp Thing you would be pleased. Earth 2 is great so far...I also enjoy Action Comics, Flash, Frankenstein, Justice League Dark, All-Star Western and Dial H. There are more that I have heard are good that I am not currently reading.

#12 Posted by BFlash (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Im new to the DC universe aswell and for me flash, aquaman, GL's and batman's, etrigan and my favs right now.

im also following Superman family and loving teen titans

#13 Posted by Mucklefluga (2549 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's "Batman" is the best Batman series out at the moment.

My current DC pull list is: Batman, Batman Incorporated (Love Morrison's writing and Chris Burnham is my favourite Artist). Flash (Brian Buccellato and Francis Manapul are a great team, these arcs have been great and the art is THE BEST), Earth 2 (i didn't think i'd like a book set in a different universe but this is turning out to be very entertaining, superb art too).

Sometimes i pick up other good titles like: All-Star Western, Aquaman (I know! I don't know how Johns does it!), Batman and Robin, Nightwing, Animal Man, Swamp Thing.

BTW i don't like Lantern books personally.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to figure out what characters interest you and choose what you like. No one can really choose for you as we all have different tastes. Stick with what works for you.

Personally, Batman by Snyder is fantastic, as is Aquaman, Green Lantern, Nightwing, The Flash.

#15 Posted by Cap10nate (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want something different from cape stories, I'd definitely recommend Swamp Thing and Animal Man. They are just starting a crossover and their books have been great so far.

If you like the pure superhero stories, my favorites of the new 52 are Batman and Nightwing.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

The best DC titles right now are Animal Man,Swamp Thing,Batman and Aquaman.

#17 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

The justice league has been good.

#18 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, GreenLantern.

#19 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League DARK!!!!!

#20 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

Just some suggestions: Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Detective Comics, Red Lanterns is good, Justice League (the SHAZAM mini-series is awesome!),

#21 Edited by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

Books I really like and recommend:

• All-Star Western
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
  • Earth 2
  • Batman & Robin
  • Red Hood & the Outlaws
  • Batman Inc.
  • Nightwing
  • Justice League
  • Stormwatch
  • Batwing
  • Justice League Dark
#22 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

Just some suggestions: Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Detective Comics, Red Lanterns is good, Justice League (the SHAZAM mini-series is awesome!),
#23 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on your screen name being Ghostrider, makes me think you like darker, grimmer stories. I'd suggest Swamp Thing, Animal Man (I don't read Animal Man, but that's it's reputation, as well as being a good book.) and Wonder Woman. I know WW usually isn't thought of as "dark", but she spends a lot of time with the greek gods, and in places like Hades. WW herself is a lot darker than the pre-52 version...and not just because her costume isn't as bright.

#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of my top ones (bold means I highly recommend for newcomers):

WonderWoman

Aquaman

Earth 2

Justice League

Action Comics

Superman

Superboy

Supergirl

Teen Titans

Green Lantern

Green Lantern - New Guardians

All Star Western

Birds of Prey

#25 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed and recommend:

• Superboy
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians
  • Batman
  • Nightwing
  • Action Comics
#26 Edited by The Stegman (23969 posts) - - Show Bio
@GhostRider29: I'm reading like 28 DC titles and loving them, but I'll narrow down the best imo for you 

-Swamp Thing 
-Animal Man 
-Aquaman 
-Flash 
-Batman 
-Demon Knights 
-Wonder Woman 
-Earth Two  
-Justice League 
-Red Hood & The Outlaws
-Green Lantern
#27 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29: read swamp thing and animal man you dont have to read both but reading one will help you better understand the other since there so connected. also batman and robin is pretty good also.

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

IMHO the must reads are:

• Batman
  • Batman & Robin
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
Staff
#29 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: @The Stegman: @k4tzm4n

I'm going to try to get Batman, Aqua Man, Swamp thing, Animal Man, Night Wing, and Red hood &The Outlaws. Thanks guys!

@Manwhohaseverything said:

Based on your screen name being Ghostrider, makes me think you like darker, grimmer stories. I'd suggest Swamp Thing, Animal Man (I don't read Animal Man, but that's it's reputation, as well as being a good book.) and Wonder Woman. I know WW usually isn't thought of as "dark", but she spends a lot of time with the greek gods, and in places like Hades. WW herself is a lot darker than the pre-52 version...and not just because her costume isn't as bright.

I do love darker things, but I didn't know WW has dark comics.

#30 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Im an occasional collector. Earth 2 looks really interesting!

#31 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1885 posts) - - Show Bio
@GhostRider29: Only the newer WW is dark..not Swamp Thing/Ghostrider dark, but dark. For example we learn there's no male son Paradise Island (or Themyscaria if you prefer, which i don't because I don't know to spell it.) Because the Amazons of old banished them to the pits, and enslaved them.
#32 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6651 posts) - - Show Bio

batman, animalman, justice league (shazam miniseries awesome), nightwing

#33 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, Justice League Dark, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and The Savage Hawkman are all some that I have really enjoyed.

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7159 posts) - - Show Bio

Demon Knights is the pick of the crop for me. i also like red Lanterns, Justice league Dark ( though I wish the pacing was a little faster), suicide squad, legion lost, Earth 2 ( like that's a surprise very old, very mega JSA fanboy), and Batwing.