If you wanna make Anime VS Comic battle threads go to AnimeVice.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

Recently, I have noticed some posts in the battle section include anime/manga and comic thread. Furthermore, Since AV is significantly less active than CV, I thought I'd just write this here for some users to know. On Comicvine, you can't make animeVScomic matches, cause they'll end-up getting locked. You can go to animevice and make them there instead, where they are legal.

An example of a mixed battle post

PS: Again. I am not advertising AV as that would be against the rules(especially since one of them is not owned by WM anymore). This is only an advice to avoid wasting time on threads that will get locked, and go where they will be considerable. Also, I have not posted this in the Battle section because it is not a battle, just in case anyone asks.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By GunGunW

I did hear one of the mods is thinking about banning the battles over there.. Pretty soon we won't be able to do them anywhere!

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No offense but I dont really see the point of this thread as 1. most of the time the only anime vs comic battles that are seen are from previous years, which somehow got bumped. 2. Anime vice is relatively dead so making a battle there is pointless if you're hoping for any kind of successful. and 3. All anime vs comic battles on here are almost immediately locked.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

No offense, but I don't really see the point of this thread. as:- 1. most of the time the only anime vs comic battles that are seen are from previous years, which somehow got bumped. 2. Anime vice is relatively dead so making a battle there is pointless if you're hoping for any kind of success. and 3. All anime vs comic battles on here are almost immediately locked.

1: Now your just speculating things up. There are a lot of anime/comics mixed threads every week or so.

2: Wrong, I have been debating and making threads in Animevice, and it's users ever since it was made. Still doing so today btw, so don't say stuff like that. Yes it is a lot lot less active than here, but it's not dead. The reviews and staff videos are as frequent as here too. and This thread might bring new people too.

3: you repeated something I already stated in the OP, please stop.

@GunGunW said:

I did hear one of the mods is thinking about banning the battles over there.. Pretty soon we won't be able to do them anywhere!

You heard wrong, I spoke with a few mods, and there is no plans of that ever happening.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GunGunW

@Killer_of_trolls: One in particular said he had thought about it but wasn't actually going to do it.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@GunGunW: Now I remember. It was Sonata, she had it as a thought, and then corrected that she wasn't that serious. So it's all cool. Also, don't beleive the other guy above there were more than ten "new" Mixed battles today alone, and alot more this week. I guess neither of you clicked the link, huh.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GunGunW

@Killer_of_trolls: I commented on the battle link you posted...

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Most have been made over there anyway.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@GunGunW: Oh, Mario! I suspected it was you, buddy. But the different username threw me off. cause I use a multipass back from when CV and AV were owned by the same company so I sing in with the same name.

@Supreme Marvel said:

1: NO!

2: There is a magical thing called bumping.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

1: NO!

2: There is a magical thing called bumping.

1: Yes.

2: MOST have been made over there.

3: Did I say create new ones? NO!

4: I've been around here while you were still in diapers. I know what bumping means.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Supreme Marvel: why so grumpy? lol

we are still making a lot of threads that are not on either sites. I check on both sites for every thread I go to debate in. Therefore, "Most" is stretching it a bit. non of todays or this week's mixed ones have been made, nor the fully anime onse(of this day and week aswell). So.. I really don't think there is any problem, especially since lot's of new anime/mangas franchises have started since CV banned the mixed threads.

Look, I made this thread just as an advice, why be so mean?

hey, are you THE SAME Supreme Marvel from AV

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Magian

They were banned for a reason.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Supreme Marvel: why so grumpy? lol

we are still making a lot of threads that are not on either sites. I check on both sites for every thread I go to debate in. Therefore, "Most" is stretching it a bit. non of todays or this week's mixed ones have been made, nor the fully anime onse(of this day and week aswell). So.. I really don't think there is any problem, especially since lot's of new anime/mangas have started since CV banned the mixed threads.

Look, I made this thread just as an advice, why be so mean?

hey, are you THE SAME Supreme Marvel from AV

You were patronising me. I don't like being patronised.

No. He's much more handsome.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Supreme Marvel: I guess you can see it that way, rhetorically. But I was just joking. no offense was intended.

@ComicMan24 said:

They were banned for a reason.

Because of Goku vs Superman. We all know that. any thread of Goku and superman against eachother of anyway is banned in all forums wold wide anyway.

offenssive Fanboyism is not tolerated WH battle forums. and things have been going fine in Animvice for years. everyone there is friendly, too.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Magian

@Killer_of_trolls: Not just because of that. A lot of anime vs comics threads were getting out of hand.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@ComicMan24: Not on animevice. and as I said before, there is a three strike ban just like here. We always debate coherently with no questioning of undisputable logic.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killer_of_trolls said:

No offense, but I don't really see the point of this thread. as:- 1. most of the time the only anime vs comic battles that are seen are from previous years, which somehow got bumped. 2. Anime vice is relatively dead so making a battle there is pointless if you're hoping for any kind of success. and 3. All anime vs comic battles on here are almost immediately locked.

1: Now your just speculating things up. There are a lot of anime/comics mixed threads every week or so.

2: Wrong, I have been debating and making threads in Animevice, and it's users ever since it was made. Still doing so today btw, so don't say stuff like that. Yes it is a lot lot less active than here, but it's not dead. The reviews and staff videos are as frequent as here too. and This thread might bring new people too.

@GunGunW said:

You heard wrong, I spoke with a few mods, and there is no plans of that ever happening.

I'm on here every day and I don't see those threads unless A. one of the old ones get bumped and 2. a user completely new to site makes one so no there's not alot every week or so, maybe one or two at the most, though I'm only speaking from a comicvine battles forum standpoint.

2. Notice how I said relatively dead. I have an account there and I go there from time to time, most of the time when i look at the battle forums most of them haven't been commented on in days or so.

3. You said "this is advice to not waste time on threads that will get locked." I, however said that "almost all anime vs comic battles are almost immediately locked" While it may have been similar to what you said, i wasn't repeating what you said in the OP but stating something similar in regards to my own personal statement.

4. For the record i'm not trying to be annoying but felt that this thread was already common knowledge

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@GunGunW said:

I'm on here every day and I don't see those threads unless A. one of the old ones get bumped and 2. a user completely new to site makes one so no there's not alot every week or so, maybe one or two at the most, though I'm only speaking from a comicvine battles forum standpoint.

2. Notice how I said relatively dead. I have an account there and I go there from time to time, most of the time when i look at the battle forums most of them haven't been commented on in days or so.

3. You said "this is advice to not waste time on threads that will get locked." I, however said that "almost all anime vs comic battles are almost immediately locked" While it may have been similar to what you said, i wasn't repeating what you said in the OP but stating something similar in regards to my own personal statement.

4. For the record i'm not trying to be annoying but felt that this thread was already common knowledge

I am not talking about "here"[Comicvine], I am referring to Animevice. That should have been obvious.

it is not common knowledge actually, we had several new users that I know from here, who came to animveice recently thanks to me.

It is not as "relativly dead" as you say. you must come there very little, and from along time ago. like that thread in the op, it got a whole page on the first day, so that refutes that statement. Seriously, this isn't a debatable issue, just go there now or any time later. I am sure everything has been replied on in just hours(less than a day). Current AV is fairly active. I know that rarely people make mixed battles in CV, but they shouldn't feel the need to if they hear about AV. I am well-aware of what I'm doing, and I have thought well before making this thread.

just so nobody get's confused I'll repeat(not for you, but in general. this "most comic/anime threads gets locked" thing does not apply do Animevice, not even close, we always reach a final decesion through debate. A thread there will get locked only if it defies The sites rules.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@GunGunW said:

I am not talking about "here"[Comicvine], I am referring to Animevice. That should have been obvious.

it is not common knowledge actually, we had several new users that I know from here, who came to animveice recently thanks to me.

It is not as "relativly dead" as you say. you must come there very little, and from along time ago. like that thread in the op, it got a whole page on the first day, so that refutes that statement. Seriously, this isn't a debatable issue, just go there now or any time later. I am sure everything has been replied on in just hours(less than a day). Current AV is fairly active. I know that rarely people make mixed battles in CV, but they shouldn't feel the need to if they hear about AV. I am well-aware of what I'm doing, and I have thought well before making this thread.

just so nobody get's confused I'll repeat(not for you, but in general. this "most comic/anime threads gets locked" thing does not apply do Animevice, not even close, we always reach a final decesion through debate. A thread there will get locked only if it defies The sites rules.

Forgive me but I thought you were talking about not making anime vs comic battles on here and yeah I don't go to AV often because almost every time i do, most threads haven't been active for days or so, but I must say congrats for trying to get it more active

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@GunGunW said:

Forgive me but I thought you were talking about not making anime vs comic battles on here and yeah I don't go to AV often because almost every time i do, most threads haven't been active for days or so, but I must say congrats for trying to get it more active

You must be living in a parallel universe. I post in AV everyday, and get pages of responses. Threads there are very active, currently, as far as I know.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Honestly, most of the flame wars are caused by DBZ characters. Perhaps the mods should just ban DBZ.