#1 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

You have gained new powers would you want to save people or would you be more like chronicle just playing with your powers not worried about the world ?

#2 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure 98% of people would just be selfish with them. Self included.

#4 Posted by tim2081 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly just play around with it, unless I see something that really bothers me.

#5 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

In reality, yes I'd feel obligated to help people. In video games, however, I always choose the dark side :)

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

I would play around because you got to have fun, but I'd still try help. The world needs a person who they can be inspired by and put their hope in, and I'd try be that guy.

#7 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I would honestly use it for selfish reasons and play around. But I am a truly caring guy so if I do see something I will help.

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

I would honestly use it for selfish reasons and play around. But I am a truly caring guy so if I do see something I will help.

#9 Edited by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the power, if I had god-like powers I'd like to think I'd be a good guy But I kind of doubt it, if I had mid tier Spider-man level powers where I could still be put in my place I'd try to be a hero, if it was something stupid like glowing in the dark I'd leave crime fighting to the cops

#10 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

I try my best to do the right thing and I usually end up failing. Sooo yeah I don't think helping people would go much better if I had powers. I would probably give it a try, but I'm not going to endanger my family. Putting out fires and things of that nature would probably be the best way to go.

#11 Posted by MarlboroMan (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I can imagine myself acting like Doom. Try the force my opinion on everyone and rule the world

why i dont have this godly powers? why always the good guys? :(

#12 Edited by JediXMan (31314 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what kind of powers we're talking about.

If I had powers like, say, Spider-Man, I'd probably just act normal, for fear of getting captured and experimented on by the government.

If I had the powers of Superman, X-Man, or somebody in that power range... I'd take over the world. Simple as that.

#13 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I would use them for personal gain

#14 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman: Doom isn't that bad hell Reed made a worse tyrant

#18 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the power if it's reality manipulation I'd just mess around.

#19 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the powers. Something small, like being able to tell where north is, I would just do nothing.

Something like Spider-Man, with more strength/agility/medium set of powers, I probably would help out now and then.

With Superman level powers, I think I would try to help the world.

#20 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd try my best to help but i'd still have fun with them

#21 Edited by Ser_Rickard_Waters (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Just screw around to be honest, if it was like telekinesis or stretchy limbs.

Powers like Spider-man I'd help every now and then, and scare people, 'cause I'm like that.

Superman's level would be to help around the world, do stuff. I'd win the world's favor, THEN TAKE IT OVER!

#22 Edited by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the power.

#23 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i want a mansion. and a freaking burrito (there is no country near mine that has them!!!!)

#24 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to think about this one for a little, but ya probably. I would try to find something that fits my superpowers well and help out in anyway possible, in return, for whatever I want or need.

#25 Edited by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

I would most likely use most powers for petty theft.
I'd only try and help the world with big powers, although the pressure would totally get to me so maybe not.

#26 Posted by lifeofvibe (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoo at least I'm not the only one that wants to take over world and I'm not kidding IM DEAD SERIOUS

#27 Posted by lifeofvibe (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

No just kidding as for question if it Supermans powers

1.do anything I want

2.get a hot chick to go out with me

3.TAKE OVER THE WORLD

#28 Edited by Telcalipoca (963 posts) - - Show Bio

live a normal life. the whole idea of being a super hero in real life is stupid powers or not. you wont be superman no matter how strong you are or invulnerable you cant become a symbolof hope .no person could live upto fantasy created charecters of unbreakable wills and morals.

#29 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, hard one.

Hero or Villain.

Neither.

#30 Posted by MonsterStomp (20532 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what powers I get really.

Today, I helped a guy open a door because his hands were full. Literally, it was like a natural reaction. He didn't thank me but I felt good about it. I think I'd be a hero.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (15096 posts) - - Show Bio

If I have some small powers like Spider-Man then I would lay low and act cool but if I had some crazy powers like Legion or Superman I would take over the world.

#32 Edited by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@telcalipoca said:

live a normal life. the whole idea of being a super hero in real life is stupid powers or not. you wont be superman no matter how strong you are or invulnerable you cant become a symbolof hope .no person could live upto fantasy created charecters of unbreakable wills and morals.

Then why are superhero stories even set on Earth? Most stories are based on the premise of a what if, and I was under the belief that the what if wasn't "what if there were morally unbreakable people" but "what if there were people with fantastical supernatural abilities?"

I guess that's why I always prefer Marvel comics, since they generally aren't morally unbreakable... Marvel characters generally have flaws to them that make them human. In Batman's case, his supernatural ability is his unbreakable will to serve justice. Even Superman has fallen from his path, but Batman has generally tried to always do the right thing.

Anyways, as far as what I'd do, as TDK said it depends on how powerful I was... which is kind of a cowardly to say, but hey, I'm being honest. If I had street level powers, I might see myself become a costumed vigilante. If I was more powerful than that, I might see myself outing myself and acting to improve mankind as a whole (improve from my perspective at least).

#33 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

World domination, or die trying.

#34 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

I would prefer to be like Slade Wilson or Peter Parker. Yes I would save people when they needed it. Could not just watch people die If I have the ability to help. But I would still be more an anti hero.

#35 Posted by Nefarious (22932 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends.

#36 Posted by joewell (6642 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the powers. Something small, like being able to tell where north is, I would just do nothing.

Something like Spider-Man, with more strength/agility/medium set of powers, I probably would help out now and then.

With Superman level powers, I think I would try to help the world.

This

#37 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62: wasn't necessarily the question but I see where you come from

#38 Edited by Argothor (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I would play with my powers, but if I saw a mugging or something I would stop it.

#39 Edited by XxGin (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY WITH THE POWERS OF BEYONDER THEY SHALL ALLOW ME TO ORDER PIZZA WITH EXTRA CHEESE AT HALF PRICE! MUA HA HA HA HA HA!

Sooo.. neutral I guess

#40 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (417 posts) - - Show Bio

if i had street level powers. then yes. I'll make a costume and become a hero. if i had powers on par with the kids from chronicle..then i'd travel the world hahaha.

#41 Posted by russellmania77 (15842 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I would even but on underwear too #no sarcasm

#42 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Id probably be somewhere in the middle. Id keep to myself and have fun with it most of the time but I would probably also actively seek out and kill rapists and other scum I dont like.

#43 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (673 posts) - - Show Bio

No hero for me. Don't make enough money just for the upkeep. Now if I funded by the government, then, maybe. Just being real.

#44 Edited by Hypnosis (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but it would depend on the power. I would mostly use it for fun and to make life easier. But obviously if I happen to be in a moment where someone needed help, I would. I'm not gonna actively seek out criminals and save the world or whatever. Too much work lol

#45 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd take shit over, leave a pile of bodies from Atlanta to Thailand, and make the world the way I can bare to look at it so that I could bare to look at myself in the mirror again.

#46 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

You have gained new powers would you want to save people or would you be more like chronicle just playing with your powers not worried about the world ?

To be honest Mr. Operator, you and the fine folks on comicvine would be amongst the first ten million or so to die.

#47 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: not if I have my own powers and battle you sakaar style

#48 Edited by RunawayAvenger (523 posts) - - Show Bio

First I would take over the government and make big changes to who is running the world. This would make sure there would be no crime, if anyone did do anything wrong, well....remember that Justice Lords episode?

#49 Edited by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the power.

How liable am I to die if I meet some dude with a gun?