Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At the rate comics are printed and sold in this day and age, comics of this generation are going to be worth less than market price. They're not rare and you can order them anywhere. If people are selling Batman #1 for that much, the people who buy them are idiots.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't people get that off comixology for like $1.99?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By SOG7dc

That's ridiculous. TBH it isn't even that good of an issue. No way its worth that much.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bezza

..always some mug prepared to pay over the odds for something...in the UK people were paying £30 for the compare the market meerkat toys the other Christmas and these are free when you buy car insurance!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Yep, they are!

@bezza said:

..always some mug prepared to pay over the odds for something...in the UK people were paying £30 for the compare the market meerkat toys the other Christmas and these are free when you buy car insurance!!

Jokers Daughter Villain Month issue was on sale for like $70 at conventions and considering how horribly terrible that issue was it's crazy that people paid for it. I just don't get some people.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

I think I'll wait for another decade or two for something like this to happen again because at that point issue one will be out of print and DC would make some announcement to give away a million dollars or some stupid money to someone who has that issue in top condition. Has anyone gotten the first issue with Scott Snyder's signature on it? Well, I can guarantee you that not many has that one and would kill just to have that because it would be valuable to anyone later. So there's no point on selling some that everyone has and selling in stores right now.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By 2chimcha3

Jokers Daughter Villain Month issue was on sale for like $70 at conventions and considering how horribly terrible that issue was it's crazy that people paid for it. I just don't get some people.

I remember seeing people sell Villains Month issues a week after their release for $30+ at NYCC. I don't understand the logic.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: I'd like to think that people are stuck in the 1950's and think comics are still worth something. It's the only way I can sleep at night.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait really? I honestly thought with digital copies and trades, that issue #1's stopped getting to crazy values. I could get a first print issue for $20 at my local comic shop, I may stock up on these then.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

How do you display digital comics on your wall?

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al_capOWN

$120, yea right, thats total BS right there. I collect comics and have been keeping my eye on Batman 1 raw 1st print copies and they avg about 55 per sale, who ever paid 120 for one over payed for it.

Batman 1 is wroth about $50 in NM condition.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

FOR REAL?! I love those ads but still...

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have the trade paperback

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Yeah, but posting scans isn't really the main reason people buy comics.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@irishx: Yeah, but posting scans isn't really the main reason people buy comics.

Posting scans? I'm talking about putting a comic on your wall at home like a piece of art. You can't do that if you don't really own it (digital purchase).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@jonez120 said:

Posting scans? I'm talking about putting a comic on your wall at home like a piece of art. You can't do that if you don't really own it (digital purchase).

Yeah you can. Screen shot the page(s) then print. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's hard to believe. Its not rare at all. You can go on most comic selling websites and find it at retail price. Very surprising

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: I thought you meant like scanning the comic book and posting it on your (digital) wall. Whoops.

To answer your true question, I guess you can nail your phone to the wall.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

That's hard to believe. Its not rare at all. You can go on most comic selling websites and find it at retail price. Very surprising

Negative

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I wonder if the OP wasted or made 75 dollars.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really? $75? That's ridiculous. Too the main Superman title wasn't too great there for a while, #1 of that would have been a bit more too. Also, how much are Justice League #1's going for? That's the only comic out of the New 52 that should be worth something (or at least IMO)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: Go take a look online. I just looked around online for it and I found it at a little over its retail price. Which makes sense because it isn't that old.

Edit: I did find a few selling for 20-140 dollars, which is a very large range. Looks like only a few people know its supposed worth.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VanderSEXXX

If this is the case then I wonder how much Batman: Hush is by now? especially #612.

No Caption Provided

camd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Supply and demand...if people are smart about it, they can definitely make profit off comics from ebay with the right ones. For example pick up Injustice 1 for 3.99 when released, could have sold it easily for 40-60 bucks a few months later. I agree most comics printed now won't be worth much, but some can still net a nice profit.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigtewell

@teerack said:

I wonder if the OP wasted or made 75 dollars.

i just sold one of my copies for 86.50

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not an entire run, much less a single issue, of The New 52 worth that much. Anybody paying it needs to have their head examined.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lesterlawton: if you seriously just look on amazon or ebay you will see its selling for that much