• 126 results
#1 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by FinalDasa (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends, if I had the hammer would I have all of Thor's powers as well?

I'd assume the ring either way, I feel like my imagination could do more with the ring.

#3 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

A Chitarui army is coming to destroy the entire planet you are Earth's only protector, and you have to choose between mjolnir and gl ring(you get to keep the weapon after you save the world).

If you choose mjolnir, you get all the powers of

Thor

Green Power Ring

Special Conditions:

1. You don't have to recharge the ring

2. It's limited by your imagination, and not willpower

3. Your constructs are indestructible

4. Your costume will give the default abilities of super strength, super speed, invulnerability/life support, and flight

#4 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically it's Thor vs. Green Lantern.

I'd go with Thor.

#5 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinxuandi said:

So basically it's Thor vs. Green Lantern.

I'd go with Thor.

It's not a fight.

I asked "if you had to save the world(be earth's protector)", would you have the powers of Thor or Green Lantern?

EDIT: Do you still pick Thor?(did you vote already?)

@FinalDasa said:

Depends, if I had the hammer would I have all of Thor's powers as well?

I'd assume the ring either way, I feel like my imagination could do more with the ring.

Yes. So which item do you choose?(and did you vote?)

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern ring, most definitely.

#7 Posted by 4thhorseman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I would pick Green Lantern. Just seems like it would be more fun way of saving the world.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (30938 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern ring.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (20732 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir. Woooooooo!

#10 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Green Lantern ring, most definitely.

@JediXMan said:

Lantern ring.

@4thhorseman said:

I would pick Green Lantern. Just seems like it would be more fun way of saving the world.

1. Did you all vote?

2. Did you read my other comment?

3. Why? Isn't mjolnir the more powerful weapon yet most people almost always choose the gl ring! What makes it more appealing to have than mjolnir to save the world?

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30938 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99:

I voted.

The "more powerful" thing is debatable. But the GL ring is just more fun and more versatile.

#12 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan:

I'm pretty Odin Force Thor>Hal Jordan

I can't believe I'm saying this, but mark this day down, there's a first for everything:

I choose......the gl ring.

#13 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Lantern ring.

this for more versatility.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I voted, and did see your previous comment. I just chose the Green Lantern ring because it'd allow me to save the world however I imagine. Plus, you can just do so much with the ring. Making constructs would also be incredibly fun and badass. I'd also just rather wear a ring than carry around a hammer.

#15 Posted by 4thhorseman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted. Just thought the ring would be more fun as I like to think I have a pretty good imagination. I would say I'm more Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan anyways, and I always enjoyed his constructs more.

Plus, if I wanted a hammer or summon lightning, I would just create some with my ring. My constructs may not be as powerful as mjolnir, but mjolnir is nowhere near as fun.

#16 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@4thhorseman said:

I voted. Just thought the ring would be more fun as I like to think I have a pretty good imagination. I would say I'm more Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan anyways, and I always enjoyed his constructs more.

Plus, if I wanted a hammer or summon lightning, I would just create some with my ring. My constructs may not be as powerful as mjolnir, but mjolnir is nowhere near as fun.

You can't summon lightning with a gl ring.

Mjolnir is fun as well! force fields, teleportation, matter transmutation, energy absorption and redirection,etc. Mjolnir offers so much!

@difficlus said:

Can't believe I'm saying this....but I choose gl ring.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (30938 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@JediXMan:

I'm pretty Odin Force Thor>Hal Jordan

I can't believe I'm saying this, but mark this day down, there's a first for everything:

I choose......the gl ring.

Odin Force =/= Mjolnir. Just like GL ring =/= Ion.

#18 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Odin Force =/= Mjolnir. Just like GL ring =/= Ion.

You didn't read my second comment. I said if you pick mjolnir you get everything that I listed.

#19 Posted by 4thhorseman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I can summon@majestic99 said:

@4thhorseman said:

You can't summon lightning with a gl ring.

Mjolnir is fun as well! force fields, teleportation, matter transmutation, energy absorption and redirection,etc. Mjolnir offers so much!

@difficlus said:

Can't believe I'm saying this....but I choose gl ring.

I can make lightning. Just have to think about making it. I can go the extra distance and have a green cloud as well to go with my green lightning. Or have a green Zeus throwing bolts of green lightning. So much fun!

#20 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@4thhorseman said:

I can make lightning. Just have to think about making it. I can go the extra distance and have a green cloud as well to go with my green lightning. Or have a green Zeus throwing bolts of green lightning. So much fun!

You can create constructs, not lightning. No gl ring has ever created lightning.

#21 Posted by TheThe (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

The ring seems more versatile, so more useful to me.

#22 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

i want a Red Lantern Ring

#23 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir. It be way more awesome to have the asgardian physiology, weather control (to help the world), earth control, well, a lot of powers!! I mean I like GL rings, but building constructs? it's good and all, but sometimes you'd need to be able to act faster and less creatively, you'd need raw power. Bring me Mjolnir!

#24 Edited by TheThe (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is : Save the world from what ? The choice also depends of the threat i think. A Green Lantern ring is more useful in case of disasters( Earthquakes, for example). But if i had to save the world from a single enemy (Silver Surfer for example), i would rather choose Mjolnir.

#25 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Mjolnir. It be way more awesome to have the asgardian physiology, weather control (to help the world), earth control, well, a lot of powers!! I mean I like GL rings, but building constructs? it's good and all, but sometimes you'd need to be able to act faster and less creatively, you'd need raw power. Bring me Mjolnir!

Hybrid physiology. Half Asgardian(father is Odin), Half Elder God(mother is Gaea)

Agreed!

@TheThe said:

In fact, my question is : Save the world from what ? The choice also depends from the threat i think. A Green Lantern ring is more useful in case of disasters( Earthquakes, for example). But if i had to save the world from a single enemy (Silver Surfer for example), i would rather choose Mjolnir.

Major alien invasion, then afterwards, eliminate poverty, crime, homelessness and war.

Think about it, you can create storms covering all of Earth:

Not only can you create weather, but prevent it as well, like stopping a tsunami from devasting an entire city:

Control the Earth:

Can't believe noone knew I was joking when I said I pick gl ring.

MJOLNIR ALL THE WAY!!!!!

#26 Posted by HolySerpent (12634 posts) - - Show Bio

Ring >>>>>>>>>>>>> hammer

#27 Posted by ShrimpDino (841 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for the Green Lantern Power Ring because it has many powers

#28 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheThe said:

The ring seems more versatile, so more useful to me.

@ShrimpDino said:

I vote for the Green Lantern Power Ring because it has many powers

Thor has more powers than Hal Jordan.

@HolySerpent said:

hammer >>>>>>>>>>>>> ring

Correct. Odin Force Thor>>>>Hal Jordan

#29 Edited by TheThe (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, i prefer John and Kyle. I dont think Thor can do everything, while John Stewart can(his constructs are solid and his willpower exceded the capacity of the ring). The ring is more versatile because what you think is what you get. With the Mjolnir you dont GET everything you want.If i need an airplane to rescue refugees, Thor cant give that to me. Thor is more powerful, but not necessarly more useful to save the world, or to save people.

#30 Posted by HolySerpent (12634 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct Odin force = sucks

#31 Posted by tyco6300 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern ring. Although I would prefer a Blue ring!.. I like hope more than willpower even with limitations.._.

#32 Posted by SoA (4928 posts) - - Show Bio

GL ring far more uses than a compensating hammer

#33 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

GL ring would be such a fun toy. I'd save the s*** out of the world with one, and my imagination/will would make me one of the awesomest lanterns evar. XD

#34 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

This

Lantern ring.

#35 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I didn't mean it was a fight when I said "vs.," just that one is essentially being asked to pick between the two characters (since picking the weapon means that one has all of the character's attributes).

I did vote for Mjolnir. The ring would probably be more fun, BUT the hammer probably brings more pure power along with it, so it's more effective in saving the world.

#36 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Correct Odin force = sucks

Odin Force Thor> Hal Jordan

#37 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#38 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are pretty handy, but I'd go with the GL ring.

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Both are pretty handy, but I'd go with the GL ring.

Cool for you.

#40 Posted by P0wer (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd ather be superman more than anything. if not Thor.

#41 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: What do you mean by save the world? What's the situation? This would make it much easier.

#42 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

powe ring, anything you can imagine, you can make.

I have a pretty big imagination so savinhg the world might not be to hard if I had the ring.

Could you create all of the heroes on earth using the ring?

#43 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@majestic99: What do you mean by save the world? What's the situation? This would make it much easier.

A 10,000,000 strong Chitarui army is invading Earth, and you either get to be Thor(who has mastered the full power of both the Odin Force and Speed Force) or a Green Lantern.

#44 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

If i had the choice Mjolnir.

#45 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Than obviously Thor.

#46 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

Thors hammer

#47 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

well doesn't the ring do anything you imagen well almost not sure wouldn't that be more helpful because you have more options?

#48 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

well doesn't the ring do anything you imagen well almost not sure wouldn't that be more helpful because you have more options?

It doesn't give you anything. There's a limit to what the ring can do.

@karetaker said:

Thors hammer

Reasons?

#49 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: because i put thor> a gl .so i would rather have the power that his hammer implies than a gl ring

#50 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

If i had the choice Mjolnir.

You do, this is personal preference.