• 60 results
#1 Posted by __________________________ (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say you've got complete creative control here, you can pick any character from any comic(or heck anything), who would you write?

This seems like something that would be done, but I couldn't find it via search so...*Shrugs*

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel;
Hulk 

DC;  
Superman

#4 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (3885 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Fate.

#5 Posted by powderedmilkman (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to write for Batman or anything classic DC personally.

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus, Kitty, Storm and Nightcrawler.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10225 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming my writing skill actually gets on par with pros? Punisher. He's the only one I really know a lot about, but as it stands, I'm satisfied with how Aaron and Rucka handle their respective versions of Frank.

#9 Edited by J1ml33 (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I would Write / Draw Tank Girl  ( simply out of  love for the character ) 

a Batman Mini-Series , an Savage Dragon Mini ( if Erik Larsen is going to do anymore ) a Amazing Spider-Man arc 4 issues in the least or 12 . An X-Men Graphic Novel , A Superma Mini Series ( from the relaunched Extreme comics line at image ) or Co write /plot pencil an arc for the new Avengelyne or lastly write /draw any of the Valiant comics characters ( My Favorites to do would be either Shadowman or Harbinger , maybe Ninjak ) anyways sorry for the laundry list but you do post an very interesting question ^_^  I wonder what would do ?

#10 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

JOCASTA!!!

Yep, Jocasta... For sure... She needs someone who likes the character to write it...

Sheesh, I think I have to aim to write her one day, if just for fun!

#11 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast. I've had a story under my hat for him for some time that I'm proud of.

Acknowledging like any human my ideas probably seem good to me, and if a comic company hired me as a writer they could just as well look

foreward to the lowest selling comic of all time and very immediately cancelled one as well. In retrospect, maybe my awful writing is just what the

industry needs to make other subjected works look better in comparison. People will say " At least Catpan isn't writing it. "

#12 Posted by SC (11932 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Warrior and or Big Willie Lumpkin.  

My creative control, would be to rip off Bad Boys movies starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Have Ultimate Warrior in the role of Martin Lawrence and Big Willie Lumpkin in Will Smith's roll. Would be the best comic ever. 

#13 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

Beast. I've had a story under my hat for him for some time that I'm proud of.

Acknowledging like any human my ideas probably seem good to me, and if a comic company hired me as a writer they could just as well look

foreward to the lowest selling comic of all time and very immediately cancelled one as well. In retrospect, maybe my awful writing is just what the

industry needs to make other subjected works look better in comparison. People will say " At least Catpan isn't writing it. "

You should script it out... yeah 0_0 I bet it is great too!

@SC said:

Ultimate Warrior and or Big Willie Lumpkin. My creative control, would be to rip off Bad Boys movies starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Have Ultimate Warrior in the role of Martin Lawrence and Big Willie Lumpkin in Will Smith's roll. Would be the best comic ever.

Bahahaha!

#14 Posted by Backflip (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Britain, I'm not particularly fond of Remender's interpretation of the character, even if I do love the fact he's now in two books :)

#15 Posted by Space_Captain_Ulyverse (33 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was working for Marvel: Amadeus Cho. - I'd make a title almost similar to Mr. Terrific DCnU but give it stronger shoulders to stand and have a variety of characters guest star and take part in several strange but cool adventures involving the 8th Smartest Man in the World. An Amazing Spider-Man Arc, it'd probably be nothing special but I've love to give it a little seal that would remain in its history for a while. Then Defenders would be an ongoing series I would write that until someone told me to stop. (And maybe Avengers & Hulk, but it'd all depend on what had happened previously in the titles).

If I was working for DC: Captain Marvel, I'd have with a lot of the Marvel Family Cast. JSA with most of the latest incarnation. A Detective Chimp mini-series. I'd love to write DCU presents with a lot of different characters. I'd also like to write Metamorpho, that'd be cool. (And a new Superman's Pal run, I'm currently on my issue 3 of the scripts for that...Not that I'm a Jimmy Olsen super-fan or anything...)

#16 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4480 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to write the Sentry if I was employed by Marvel. I would not have mined being responsible for the Shadowland arc but there would have been massive changes. (No demonic possession for one thing) I would like to have a chance at Supreme, because I believe that he did not get enough respect. I would do a Chapel miniseries, focusing on his time in hell after commiting suicide. I would write Shadowman (from valient) and also Eternal Warrior.

#17 Edited by Bernicky (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman I guess, maybe the Fantastic 4

Oh or Sentry or Superman/Luthor

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

All of my favorite characters (Black Panther, Captain Atom, Static, Snake-Eyes, Nightwing).

I'd take a shot at Daredevil, too. I wouldn't mind writing Silver Surfer, either.

#19 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Moon Knight or Punisher, as the fics I write about THEM are the most fun for me to write.

#20 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

The Darkness and/or Superman

#21 Posted by Acer. (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist

#22 Edited by doublezeroduck (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man Or Green Arrow. Deadpool. Punisher.

#23 Posted by The_Tree (6399 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxwell Lord, Green Arrow, or Booster Gold.

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

I was thinking you'd say Barbara, but m'kay.

Personally, Dick Grayson, I'd write him with Galactus Level feats for no apparent reason. I wouldn't touch Bucky though, Bru's got that sh*t.

I'd love to read Precise's Darkness though.

#25 Posted by JediXMan (27916 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba Fett, the Nulls, Revan.

#26 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...

1. Colossus (duh lol) 2. Bishop 3. Gladiator 4. Iceman

#27 Edited by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen

Wally West

Hulk

Spider-Man

Teen Titans

JSA

Cyclone

Aquaman

Bulletman & Bulletgirl

Ant-Man & Wasp

Captain Cold

Pied Piper

The Rogues

Lady Liberators

#28 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mask or Dick Tracy.

Because we need some stuff about them seriously.

#29 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor.
#30 Posted by Superguy0009e (2258 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be my dream to write any major characters of marvel or dc (Wonder Woman, Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, etc) but i wouldnt mind doing any heroes like Blue Beetle or Daredevil

#31 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I might also enjoy writing Ben Reilley or Kaine.

#32 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

Ororo Munroe aka Storm for Marvel Comics

Supergirl for DC Comics

#33 Edited by JairamGanpat (949 posts) - - Show Bio

MARTIAN MANHUNTER!!!!!

DEADMAN

The Flash and Captain Cold story... It's been in my head since the new 52 started xD

or any character that hasn't been well established for me to make a big imprint on the universe :D

#34 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7493 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who, A Star Wars comic (One of the expanded stories)

#35 Posted by Blob (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Hulk, Blob or Werewolf by Night but most likely Hulk

DC: Batman

#36 Posted by chalkshark (1171 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel: black panther, deadpool, blade, spider-man, wolverine, she-hulk, blue marvel , thunderbolts

DC: batman, nightwing, the flash( wally west), martian manhunter, mister terrific who he became the third smartest man, icon, suicide squad

spawn (al simmons)

#38 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

Resurrection Man

#39 Posted by badaboop (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, definitely. I'm not very satisfied with how he's being handled right now ever since the New 52 launched. Not saying I'd do a better job at it, I probably wouldn't, but I'd be interested in trying at least. He's a very good character, and I feel like everyone would have a unique take on him while still trying to convey the same message.

#40 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman or Spidey.

#41 Posted by cosmo111687 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Zatanna.

#42 Posted by Phylos (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooraya Qadir a.k.a Dust

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

• Marvel

• Thor
  • Beta Ray Bill
  • Quasar
  • Loki
  • Sentry
  • Captain America
  • Dare Devil
  • Ironman
  • Hawkeye
  • Ms.Marvel

• DC

• Mr. Majestic
  • Clay Face
  • Joker
  • Green Lantern Hal Jordan
  • Green Arrow
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Captain Atom
  • Poison Ivy
#44 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Captain America, Spider-Man, Cyclops, Deadpool, Gambit

DC: Green Lantern (Jordan), Flash (Allen or West), Superman, The Question, Batman

Other: Bloodshot

#45 Posted by Solarflare32 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

The x men recruits currently on utopia after schism as well as exodus and mr sinister

#46 Posted by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

For DC, Batman, because like everyone else I believe I understand the essence of what the character is and is not and I'd like to see if I'm right.

Also Black Adam, I'd really like to do a BA one shot concentrating on his role as leader of Kahndaq from the point of view of a normal citizen of the country.

For Marvel I'd love to do Silver Surfer/Galactus, probably a non canon one shot set a loooong time ago, again from the POV of a normal citizen, one from a distant planet which the Surfer comes to in his role as herald... a planet that does not survive the arrival of Galactus. A sort of end of days account recorded by the nameless citizen (a scientist perhaps~) and launched into space before the final moments.

"Message in a bottle" or some equally cheesy title.

My left of center choice would be Mark Millar's Nemesis, because I quite liked it right until the last act which bugs the hell out of me and I'd totally rewrite it or just reboot the whole thing.

#47 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@__________________________: How the hell did you get a name like that? Anyway,if I knew how to write I'd write for Iron Fist.

@Static Shock said:

All of my favorite characters (Black Panther, Captain Atom, Static, Snake-Eyes, Nightwing).

I'd take a shot at Daredevil, too. I wouldn't mind writing Silver Surfer, either.

oh yes, Static needs some help.

#48 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

oh yes, Static needs some help.

What do you mean? 

EDIT: Oh, okay. I see what you're saying. 
#49 Posted by Mekboy (996 posts) - - Show Bio

The Darkness or Thor.

#50 Posted by redleigh86 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make Boom Boom an awesome badass again.