#1 Edited by i_like_swords (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

What I mean by that is, if you could permanently kill 5 common arguments that always occur on the vine among other places, what would they be? Mine are:

1. Superman vs Thor
  2. Batman with Prep/Batman can beat Superman with prep
  3. Marvel vs DC (Which is better)
  4. Avengers/Marvel vs Justice League
  5. God damn Man of Steel battle threads
#2 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

What I mean by that is, if you could permanently kill 5 common arguments that always occur on the vine among other places, what would they be? Mine are:

1. Superman vs Thor

Basically. Maybe switch Hulk v Supes for number 5. Goku v Supes for number one (bumping 4 off the list).

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (40800 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Marvel vs DC 2. Why certain popular characters are "overrated". 3. Religious/ political arguments.

#4 Posted by Saren (25586 posts) - - Show Bio

"Punisher is a better crimefighter than Batman because he kills and if he was in DC, the Joker would be dead and Batman would be schooled in how to save people!"

Please. The Punisher kills D-list villains that no one gives the slightest shit about. That is his entire schtick. Nothing would happen to the Joker if the Punisher ended up in the DCU. There is a reason the Kingpin is still whistling dixie about his ninja empire despite living in the same city as Frank "No Mercy" Castle. The Punisher has never been a significant crimefighter beyond eliminating third-rate trash and he never will be. When Castle almost singlehandedly stops Darkseid from blowing a hole in reality and undermining the multiverse, then you can argue he's a better crimefighter.

#5 Edited by sinestro_GL (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with prep vs _________________

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiler's Star Destroyer "feat."

Mace Windu "beating" Palpatine.

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

"Punisher is a better crimefighter than Batman because he kills and if he was in DC, the Joker would be dead and Batman would be schooled in how to save people!"

Please. The Punisher kills D-list villains that no one gives the slightest shit about. That is his entire schtick. Nothing would happen to the Joker if the Punisher ended up in the DCU. There is a reason the Kingpin is still whistling dixie about his ninja empire despite living in the same city as Frank "No Mercy" Castle. The Punisher has never been a significant crimefighter beyond eliminating third-rate trash and he never will be. When Castle almost singlehandedly stops Darkseid from blowing a hole in reality and undermining the multiverse, then you can argue he's a better crimefighter.

No doubt he's not as good as Batman but it isn't necessarily a bad thing that he fights lesser villains. Punisher can still be a valuable character in peoples eyes even though he's not Batman level.

#8 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

2 Just come to mind for me

1. Superman vs. Goku - J..Just Stop

2.Anime/Manga Ripped off disney

#9 Posted by MonsterStomp (16719 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Squirrel Girl vs _________

2. Superman vs Hulk

3. Superman vs Thor

4. The Flash vs anyone under Odin level

5. Avengers vs JLA

The list goes on actually.

#10 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: indeed. Its so clear superman wins, unless animated version lol.

And I have never seen that argument before lol

#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate _______ character so they should be killed off.

Aquaman is lame.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14663 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Aquaman is lame.
  • Superman is overpowered.
  • Batman with prep will beat Superman.
  • Scott Snyder's New 52 Batman run is brilliant and original.
  • Punisher is a better crimefighter than Batman and will kill Joker in no time.
#13 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

Erase the 'Speedblitz' argument, and Comicvine will descend into chaos.

#14 Posted by Xwraith (16915 posts) - - Show Bio

Why certain popular characters are "overrated".

"Overrated" in my experience is really just a euphemism for "it's popular but I don't like it".

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997:

Yeah, basically those. Geoff Johns has made him awesome, and he's now one of my favorite characters.

If you think Superman is overpowered quit winning about it and just don't read his comics.

Batman is not beating Superman without PIS. He's tried before and failed. Deal with it.

I've really been enjoying Scott Snyder's run, but it's far from original, and there's a few things I think that could be improved.

Nothing agaist Punisher, but he's just not on Bats' level. Most of his rogues would end up killing him. He doesn't have the same gear, knowledge, or tech to be able to take them on.

Anyways, sorry for ranting like that.

I just get a little fed up sometimes.

#16 Posted by logy5000 (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman vs Thor

That one got old.

That one sucked from the beginning.

That one can never be settled.

Nor can that one.

People are severely overrating Superman's power in Man of Steel. When you think about it, his stats really weren't that high.

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@i_like_swords said:

1. Superman vs Thor

That one got old.

That one sucked from the beginning.

That one can never be settled.

Nor can that one.

People are severely overrating Superman's power in Man of Steel. When you think about it, his stats really weren't that high.

I agree with with everything said except the fourth one. Justice League beats the Avengers for obvious reasons but let's not start this here.

#18 Edited by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Hulk

Superman's characterization in Man of Steel

Flash beats everyone and always

@citizenbane said:

Punisher is a better real world crime fighter. Marvel won't let their B-A list villains be killed and Castle has very few reoccurring villains. Batman shooting Darkseid was the biggest plot gimmick ever and Final Crisis was garbage. If you want to get really technical, I bet there is nothing in any of the laws from the 50 states about blowing a hole in reality lol.

#19 Posted by BlackWind (6017 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Even though it can be annoying, speed if used right can be one of the best weapons.

#20 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the OP meant which argument topics, but here's 5 ridiculous arguments that are regularly made:

- "Goku struggled to lift 40 tons!" - just no

- "Goku was cut by glass!" - again just no

- "DBZ characters are not FTL!" - no one ever has proof

- "Oh, I guess Flash does lose then. But he can still speed steal, so he wins." - if he can just speed steal to win then it's a stomp and needs to be closed

- "hulk" - mfw

#21 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21461 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Thor (please superman is stronger, faster, and smarter)

Superman vs Batman (no matter the prep batman has never and will ever beat supes.)

Superman vs Ben 10 (please this needs to stop, Ben 10,000 maybe but Ben 10 gets stomped)

God vs no God

Abortion vs no Abortion

#22 Edited by Teerack (5756 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Superman vs Thor - both sides are stupid
  2. Thor vs Hulk - both sides are stupid
  3. Marvel vs DC - who cares
  4. Marvel NOW vs New 52 - they both suck
  5. Goku vs Superman - most people on this site can't comprehend DBZ characters for shit

#23 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23846 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Starkiler's Star Destroyer "feat."

Mace Windu "beating" Palpatine.

And add Starkiller "beating" Palpatine to that list.

#24 Posted by comicace3 (4338 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman vs Thor

That. But:

1. Supes vs. Bats ( we know who wins let it go already)

2. Lets just say superhero movie characters vs. whoever (i.e man of steel vs. Thor from the avengers movie) I mean really why use people from movies to go against any comic book character or another superhero from another movie. It's POINTLESS. You might as well use the comic book character.

#25 Posted by cameron83 (7152 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman vs Thor
  5. Religion threads.

#26 Posted by flazam (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Vs DC

#27 Edited by RustyRoy (11923 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@wolverine08 said:

Why certain popular characters are "overrated".

"Overrated" in my experience is really just a euphemism for "it's popular but I don't like it".

Agree with both posts.

#28 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Why do people even like (insert character)

2. Superman vs Batman/Hulk/Thor

3. Crying about Man Of Steel

4. Marvel vs DC

5. Anything political. Seriously, there are teens and preteens that come here. The last thing I want is their opinion on abortion or religion.

#29 Posted by Dreadpool10 (681 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku vs Superman

Batman with prep vs _____

Thor vs Superman

Goku vs Thor

Dr Doom with prep vs _____

#30 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Super sayian 4 goku vs galactus

#31 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Race/ Culture
  2. "Gays" / marriage
  3. Abortion
  4. Religion/ Faith
  5. Relationships/ intimacy

5. Anything political. Seriously, there are teens and preteens that come here. The last thing I want is their opinion on abortion or religion.

Tell me about it. ;)

#32 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't write Superman because he's too powerful

Where is ..... in the New 52

Aquaman is so lame because he talks to fish

How does this fit into continuity?

Anytime someone says "that's unrealistic."

#33 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

More talk about comics. There shouldn't be so many unanswered threads.

#34 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe said:
  1. Race/ Culture
  2. "Gays" / marriage
  3. Abortion
  4. Religion/ Faith
  5. Relationships/ intimacy

@redlantern23 said:

Tell me about it. ;)

I was already about 2 paragraphs into my own reply when I looked up and saw this post which basically sums up everything I was going to say. Thanks Cezar!

......also Deadpool vs Deathstroke threads.

#35 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

I was already about 2 paragraphs into my own reply when I looked up and saw this post which basically sums up everything I was going to say. Thanks Cezar!

......also Deadpool vs Deathstroke threads.

You're welcome. Glad to hear someone else thinks the same way.

#36 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman vs Goku

2. Superman vs Batman

3. Hulk vs Thor

4. Republican vs democrat

5. Mac vs PC (They're the same goddamned thing shut up)

I don't even care what side anyone is on in these arguments I'm just f**king sick of them all together.

#37 Posted by 14NC3 (1749 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Marvel vs DC

2. Why certain popular characters are "overrated".

3. Religious/ political arguments.

THIS

#38 Edited by DeathHero61 (5926 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Goku vs Superman(despite hearing the facts on why he wins, nobody stops, they just continue being ignorant.)

2.One piece has the best development out of the big four anime(i don't believe in this at all.)

3.DBZ is the best anime/manga of all time(i hate this the most.)

4. Weed is not bad for you(im not explaining why i want this argument closed)

5. Argument that Goku pwns all anime/manga and fighting animation