#1 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

What two contestants would you pair to duke it out?

60 minute full length fight.

Animation or Live-Action?

#2 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

god and batman

#3 Edited by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio
As If you were expecting anything else
Galactus' heralds vs Green Lantern Corp

#4 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5353 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and Wolverine

Daken vs Cassandra Cain

Lady Shiva vs Shang Chi.

All animated.

If it had to be live action I would put Thomas Jane's Punisher vs Kraven The Hunter, and have him played by Scott Adkins. See Undisputed 2/3 for reasons.

#5 Edited by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83 said:

Scott Adkins. See Undisputed 2/3 for reasons.

Definitely, he played one mean ass Russian.

#6 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl Vs TOAA.

Animated.

#7 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5353 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: And he looks like Kraven. I mean look at him, put a lion mane around his neck and put him in Amazing Spider-Man 3 dammit.

#8 Posted by Bruxae (12661 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday vs Juggernaut.

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20294 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Thor (Live Action)

Nightwing vs DareDevil (Animated)

#10 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs. Steve Rogers, both highly motivated (no "I guess we're equal" nonsense). Maximum kung-fu craziness. Final destination.

#11 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku vs Superman (Come on, it's an awesome fight) Full length, animated. With Kakarot88's analysis.

Superman vs Thor Full length and animated.

Superboy Prime vs Rune King Thor (I hope RKT puts him in his place) Animated

#12 Posted by Racob7 (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

Asura vs Sun Wukong done in an anime style. They are both incredibly powerful characters that fight with Gods and have connections to Hinduism. What's not to love about this fight?

#13 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku vs Superman (Come on, it's an awesome fight) Full length, animated. With Kakarot88's analysis.

What a shock; the one with the DBZ avatar wants to use the one analysis that falls in Goku's favour.

Strange coincidence(!)

#14 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash vs hulk live action

#15 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: I know right? Since all the other analyses are really flawed it's only right to use the one that actually makes a bit of sense and doesn't try to depower Goku like those guys at outskirts battledome and actually let Goku have a chance. Don't you think it sounds a bit more fair?

#16 Edited by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Not in the slighest, since the one that didn't depower Goku depowered Superman...

Strange how bias works, isn't it?

#17 Posted by ARMIV2 (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America vs Batman; animated.
Godzilla vs Gamera; live-action.

#18 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: You know, I'm wondering if you actually read the blog, or just assumed that it was some analysis that took away all of Superman's greatest powers. Especially since it's a blog that gives Superman the benefit of the doubt and doesn't depower Goku.

Strange how you never got the gist of it. I thought you had read it.

#19 Edited by Racob7 (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: I don't get the whole Godzilla vs Gamera debate. Gamera is a better character, but he doesn't stand a chance against Godzilla. He's smaller, weaker, less durable, not as agile, etc. Unless you weakened Godzilla, he would last about as long as Zilla did in Final Wars.

#20 Edited by ARMIV2 (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@armiv2: I don't get the whole Godzilla vs Gamera debate. Gamera is a better character, but he doesn't stand a chance against Godzilla. He's smaller, weaker, less durable, not as agile, etc. Unless you weakened Godzilla, he would last about as long as Zilla did in Final Wars.

It's a years old battle kaiju fans have been wanting to see. I think the demand became even stronger after the 90's Gamera films came out, since Gamera became a total B-A then.

#21 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: I've probably read it more times than you, what I'm referring to are their use of non-canon and alternate versions of Superman seemingly to intentionally stack the favors towards Goku (Most notably in terms of Supes' durability, that's where the article lost all credibility to me), plus they ignored plenty of Superman's speed feats, and one BIG one regarding to acceleration.

No need to be a patronizing, pompous douche by claiming on no grounds that I've never even read the article in question.

#22 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: What about Supes' durability? He used the 15 supernovae feat and compared it to Dragon Fist. And what speed feats are you talking about?

#23 Posted by RIKR2 (10456 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid vs Superman to the END!! animated movie

Ultron vs Avengers Live-action

#24 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Well first of all, the Dragon Fist ain't canon, so that's irrelevant, and using New 52 scans for determining Post-Crisis Superman's durability? Even when N52 Supes has been shown to be leagues below in that aspect? That's no good.

Also I'll PM the speed stuff to you.

#25 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: It was using Death Battle's parameters in which he said that manga Goku would lose. He was just using non canon Goku as did Death Battle. Are you talking about the Wonder Woman punching him scan? Because there's also a Supergirl punching Superman and drawing blood from Post-Crisis.

#26 Edited by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

I...honestly don't even know where to start. There are so many epic matches that I would love to see in real life...

#27 Edited by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Actually a few of those are New 52, too, though the case is different with Supergirl, she's actually written to be superior to Superman because she can process sunlight better, she's just never beaten him because, well, the face of DC couldn't stand to have his credibility damaged like that.

Also, if you're going to use non-canon Goku, non-canon Supes should be game, too, and that's a freaking colossal can of worms right there.

#28 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5895 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday and Ghost Rider

Lobo vs Spawn

#29 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Again, it was using Death Battle's parameters in their fight, in which it ensured Goku's victory. He wasn't trying to show that Goku always wins, he was trying to show that Death Battle erred.

You mean like this?

Or this?

None of that is New 52. He makes a good point, Superman does get hurt by less than planetary strikes and even Superman admits that it doesn't take a lot to hurt him. Mind you, that doesn't mean that Superman would instantly die from a punch from Goku, but it would hurt him. And a punch from SSJ4 Goku would hurt him. A lot.

#30 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: Clark and WW had been fighting almost the whole issue, of course he'd be hurt. That also doesn't mean much, since Wonder Woman is also stronger and faster than Goku, I'd also argue she's more skilled too. If Goku IS going to damage Clark, it won't be in close quaters hand to hand combat.

Also, why did you post the scan of the Bracelets of Submission? Goku doesn't have anything similar to that to use against Clark's superhearing, why is it relevant?

And a punch from SSJ4 Goku would hurt him. A lot.

Then it's a shame he's been written out of existence by SSJG Goku.

#31 Posted by Racob7 (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: SSJ4 could still appear in the new saga. It's pretty much confirmed that there are forms between SSJ3 and SSJG. Could SSJ4 or a new version of it be one of them?

#32 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: That could happen, but since the events of GT are no longer possible after Battle Of Gods, we can only use what is confirmed.

#33 Edited by The Stegman (23193 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Captain America

-Normal morals (so people can't say such and such acted out of character like they did on that Goku vs Superman Death Battle)

-Normal Equipment

-Fight in some random city

-Make it canon

-Animated

#34 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: She's not stronger than Goku, striking power wise. Need I remind you that Goku at SSJ that punches of a planetary durability level being hurt him and drew blood? Faster? No. DBZ characters are obviously lightspeed and have shown feats as far back as Dragonball that outclass Wonder Woman, and the blog details this even further with the Namek feat. More skilled? The difference between WW and Goku is that WW is from an island of warriors, Goku is from a whole race of them. To top that off Goku is a martial artist, and his Saiyan senses thirst for battle.

#35 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer vs Thor (live action)

Black Bolt vs Hulk (Live Action)

#36 Edited by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

She's not stronger than Goku, striking power wise.

I didn't say striking power, besides, there's a much bigger difference between strength and striking power in DB than in DC.

DBZ characters are obviously lightspeed

What, and Wonder Woman isn't?

the Namek feat

Ah, yes, the unquantifiable Namek feat, all that gets you is a eighth of the speed of light, actually less, since it's only across Earth, not fully around, so more like a sixteenth, not very impressive.

More skilled? The difference between WW and Goku is that WW is from an island of warriors, Goku is from a whole race of them.

And he's met what, half a dozen of them?

his Saiyan senses thirst for battle.

I see, not exactly a tangible measurment for prowess in combat.

#37 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange vs Dr. Fate

Superman vs Goku

Superman vs Thor

Wolverine vs Deathstroke

Black Panther vs Batman

(all animated)

#39 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't say striking power, besides, there's a much bigger difference between strength and striking power in DB than in DC.

Okay?

What, and Wonder Woman isn't?

I didn't say she wasn't, but they're well above that.

Ah, yes, the unquantifiable Namek feat, all that gets you is a eighth of the speed of light, actually less, since it's only across Earth, not fully around, so more like a sixteenth, not very impressive.

Ah, but add the SSJ multipliers. Using SSJ4, he is 170x FTL

And he's met what, half a dozen of them?

Point is, he is part of that race.

I see, not exactly a tangible measurement for prowess in combat.

Inventing new martial arts style on the fly and besting some of the best martial artists in that universe doesn't count as combat prowess?

#40 Posted by i_like_swords (13288 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles from Troy 2004 vs Aragorn from LOTR

Daredevil vs Nightwing

Blade with a lightsaber vs Anakin Skywalker without force

Hmm, not sure who else.

#41 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

-Normal morals (so people can't say such and such acted out of character like they did on that Goku vs Superman Death Battle)

-Normal Equipment

-Fight in some random city

-Make it canon

-Animated

HA!

#42 Posted by RDClip (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonny Chiba vs. Bruce Lee

Superman vs Hulk

#43 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine vs Cyborg

Deadpool vs Batman

Daredevil vs Nightwing

All animated

#44 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

T-1000 vs. Data

Live action, but from years ago when the actors were younger.