If you could change things about Marvel

• 77 results
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Reboot the universe, I'm serious, way too many references to past events and characters that new readers won't know about. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, and my friend (who's been reading X-Men for decades) tried to explain it...I instantly got lost in their loooooong history.

I would hate if you ran Marvel. No reboots EVER! *Crosses arms*

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Reboot the universe, I'm serious, way too many references to past events and characters that new readers won't know about. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, and my friend (who's been reading X-Men for decades) tried to explain it...I instantly got lost in their loooooong history.

It needs to be done. 50 years is too much continuity, even if you do your homework, it will take ages to come to a full understanding of everything.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

It needs to be done. 50 years is too much continuity, even if you do your homework, it will take ages to come to a full understanding of everything.

I got into comics at the start of Marvel Now, and got the down the whole continuity of Marvel relatively quickly, but I guess not everyone (you) is going to have the same situation.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

I got into comics at the start of Marvel Now, and got the down the whole continuity of Marvel relatively quickly, but I guess not everyone (you) is going to have the same situation.

I would say a large majority of people won't make an easy transition. I've managed to get caught up with comics I care about (most Avengers related stuff) after reading large amounts of trades, but be honest now. Someone who is just starting comics goes investigating and sees just how much history is to the X-Men, or the various incarnations of the Avengers, etc over the decades, you know it will e daunting for them.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

I would say a large majority of people won't make an easy transition. I've managed to get caught up with comics I care about (most Avengers related stuff) after reading large amounts of trades, but be honest now. Someone who is just starting comics goes investigating and sees just how much history is to the X-Men, or the various incarnations of the Avengers, etc over the decades, you know it will e daunting for them.

I think a soft core reboot is what would work best. You can keep long time fans happy by not completely changing their favorite characters so that are completely different from before, while still making it easier for new readers to jump on.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 the_stegman  Moderator

@wolverine08: It's actually one of the reasons I loved the Ultimate Universe when it first came out. It was like a start over, but kept old fans happy...but then it became increasingly worse...

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That totally worked out DC amrite?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Kill off Squirrel Girl, Spider-Woman, Norman Osbourne, and Jessica Jones.
  • Keep dead characters dead unless they're a product of bad writing.
  • Revert Deadpool back to his Joe Kelly written self.
  • Keep Bendis away from Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Improve Iron Man's rogues gallery.
  • Make Apocalypse a villain worth respecting.
  • Replace Iron Man with Richard Rider in GotG.
  • Make Blade an Avenger or make a monster-hunter team with Elsa Bloodstone.
  • Change Wolverine back to being a brooding badass and less of a kid-friendly mentor.
Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Make Wolverine taller.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wolverine008
Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Make Wolverine taller.

I wouldn't mind Wolverine being a bit taller.

I say at least 6 foot or 5'11 I always found it weird that he was really short. He should be at least taller than Spider-Man.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fan

- Get rid of the X-Men except Beast and Cyclops

- Get rid of some of the Avengers books like Young Avengers and Avengers Assemble

- Make every book $0.99

- More Solo books

- Make digital comics cheaper than printed books

Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd say marvel should

give Cloak & Dagger an ongoing series with writer zeb wells.

I have a Toxin series starring Eddie Brock

i have Luke Cage & Jessica jones be a police detective couple with superpowers

captain america stays dead

iron man become the leader of avengers

Bishop gets his own series as a time traveler

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really don't have any major gripes with Marvel right now -- Mostly because I only read two Marvel titles -- other than Daredevil going digital.

The whole thing seems unnecessary to me, but I am a little biased towards print comics.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Grateful that most of you guys don't run Marvel :p

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my eyes cap is better than batman

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Storm would have been confirmed as an Omega-level mutant

-Bobby Drake and Warren Worthington a gay couple

-The Beast as Xavier's original heir and Nightcrawler the ultimate leader of the X-men unstead of Cyclops

-Less spotlight for Wolverine

-Captain America, Rachel Grey, Madelyne Pryor, Nate Grey and Hope Summers would have never been created

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In order of importance

1. Bring back Peter ASAP

2. Stop making Cap seem like a douche in other books (All New X-Men)

3. Have Hawkeye wear his old custome I dislike the new one he wears

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Give the X-Men more solo titles

-Cancel a few of the Avengers books

-Make wolverine have a 1 solo title

-Undo Schism

-Have the young heroes have more books

-Make Captain America a little more agresive to his enemies

-Undo Ultimatum

-Have te O5 grown up in a title

-Kill Wanda Maximoff

-Bring back Peter Parker

explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who has not said bring peter back haha

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for dc. id pay a shit load of money and buy out matt fractions and mcnivens marvel contracts and have them write one book out of 1 of the 3 heroes wonder woman, green arrow or martian manhunter . also if this included media like tv movies and games i would get a green arrow movie into production since the show arrow is hot amongst viewers and i believe now would be the time to cash in wile you got it and tv show wise id bring back green lantern the animated series and young justice with fresh new episodes. games wise id pitch for rocksteady to make a jla game id also pitch an open world green lantern game to bioware and have it be an rpg title

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: That game is awesome but I stopped playing because those legion demons or whatever keep murdering me. Before you go an fight samael in hell

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By catfightfan

(1) Bring back Ultimate Fantastic Four, but start over again in a different Universe.

(2) Create some major changes to make Fantastic Four more popular, but I am not sure what......

negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By negamegas

Oh there's a lot I'd do, first off demote Joe Quesada is a janitor, remove Jeph Loeb from the television department, Cancel Avengers Assembles and revive EMHs, and so much much more.

OMD's actions being dealt with will definitely happen but not only that, I will make EVERYONE at Marvel write an apology letter to DC for all the crap they've given them and I'll force Joe Quesada to give a 20 Page apology to DC too.