If Thor had super reflex and combat speed?

• 75 results
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ximpossibrux

Well all know of Thor's FTL flight, but what of his combat speed? More specificly let's say hypothetically he could match Wonder Womans combat speed, meaning he can fight, move and swing his hammer at insane speed.

Would he rank much higher on the fighting scale? Who would he be able to beat with his newfound speed? What new feats would he be able to accomplish? Does he stand a chance vs Superman?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He would take a majority over both Superman and Wonder Woman in a battle, and would be much more dangerous than he already he is (he's already extremely dangerous).

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux: well then he would be higher than Skyfather. He has microsecond reaction times already but it would be difficult to beat him..

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux: well then he would be higher than Skyfather. He has microsecond reaction times already but it would be difficult to beat him..

Higher then skyfather...

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has microsecond reaction times already

No he doesn't.

Avatar image for nufai_the_skinwalker
Nufai_the_Skinwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that Zeus and Odin have both smacked the crap out of him (although not quite as badly as Zeus beat Hulk) I don't think going any faster will help him.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zijuun

Goldilocks is slow, combat speed wise and flight speed when he's morals on. If you give him super reflexes and combat speed he wouldn't have trouble defeating almost half his enemies. And he would fare much better against Superman and yes he would be much higher on the fighting scale.

He would take a majority over both Superman and Wonder Woman in a battle, and would be much more dangerous than he already he is (he's already extremely dangerous).

He speaks the truth well. ^

Z I J U U N

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

So many characters in Marvel would be screwed.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iragexcudder

@nufai_the_skinwalker: he got the sh*t smacked out of him because he wasnt able to counter anything they threw at him. Zeus and Odin are both ridiculously fast and powerful. So giving Thor ridiculous FTL combat speed would make him the father of skyfathers.

@sheenlantern: really? What does he have then? Because I've seen a numerous amount of forums stating that it is CONFIRMED that Thor has microsecond reaction times.

@ximpossibrux: were you grammatically correcting me or doing a ... In reference to a "that's not true"?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's enemies would also have to gain equal or above his own super speed and there would be no change. It doesn't really matter Surfer has super speed and he isn't written to ever use it in combat so the same would just happen to Thor.

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh... Thor >.>

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's enemies would also have to gain equal or above his own super speed and there would be no change. It doesn't really matter Surfer has super speed and he isn't written to ever use it in combat so the same would just happen to Thor.

And thus Marvel would begin handing out superspeed to all of it's bricks like candy.

Just like DC.

And the raging continues.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir defies time and space so he can already awing it fast

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Wolverine keeping up with Thor is plot induced stupidity. Thor has surprised Quicksilver before (who is leagues faster than Wolverine).

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd be unstoppable

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: In actual physical combat? He actually laid hands on quicksilver or did he hit the ground? And Thor was the one who admitted wolverine was faster

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

He caught Quicksilver off guard (who has superhuman reaction time), and smashed the floor around him and knocked him off balance. And Thor admitting that Wolverine is faster than him is BS. Thor has been said to be as fast as the lightning he wields. Wolverine's fast. but he isn't faster than lightning. Lol.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: That's really not a good example. If I'm racing Tsall bolt and I take the ground from underneath him that doesn't mean I'm faster. And the hasn't demonstrated that speed for decades. He could have used it against Gorr if he actually had that ability. And I don't think wolverine is faster than lightening but he is a faster combatant than Thor. Thor admitted it. I jut read a comic the other day where it states that Supergirl was stronger than superman (Pre 52) I didn't like it but I had to accept it. I think the same thing is happening here

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine008

@sog7dc:

I don't think accept things that are nonsensical. If a writer wrote that Batman was physically stronger than Superman, I wouldn't take that seriously. Thor has been stated to be as fast as lightning before and flown at lightspeed, I find it hard to believe that Wolverine would be faster than him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SOG7dc

@wolverine08: And whats to say he caught QS off gaurd? It's possible QS did see it coming but what could he have possibly done to stop Thor from slamming mjolnir into the ground?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: When was the last time that was stated? And travel speed has nothing to do with combat speed. I'm not denying Thor can go FTL but he can't fight at those speeds. If you can prove he can I'm open to changing my outlook.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Quicksilver has covered half the Earth in 92 seconds, if Thor was really slow, he could easily dodged him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Ok. I have a few questions then. Why wouldn't Thor just hit QS instead of the ground? Why wouldn't he use that speed against sentry? Against silver surfer? Against wolverine? Even Cap has complained about Thor being slow. And it's important to consider the variables of it all. Do you think QS was moving as fast as he did when he traveled half of earth in 92 seconds? How would it be possible to dodge an earthquake (which is essentially what Thor made on a small scale when he hit the ground) short of running away from the area completely?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone has a recent (within last decade) scan of Thor having fast combat speed please upload it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Considering Quicksilver's feats of speed such as running up Mount Everest in seconds, being stated as having Mach 4 speed (3,800 miles per hour), etc. he should have been able to leave the area before Thor even had the chance to put his hammer to the ground if Thor was really that slow. Overall, I'm not saying that Thor is Superman fast or anything like that (he isn't), but I find the idea of Wolverine being faster than him silly.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sog7dc:

I don't think accept things that are nonsensical. If a writer wrote that Batman was physically stronger than Superman, I wouldn't take that seriously. Thor has been stated to be as fast as lightning before and flown at lightspeed, I find it hard to believe that Wolverine would be faster than him.

@sog7dc:

He caught Quicksilver offguard (who has superhuman reaction time), and smashed the floor around him and knocked him off balance. And Thor admittingthat Wolverine is faster than him is BS. Thor has been said to be as fast as the lightning he wields. Wolverine's fast. but he isn't faster than lightning. Lol.

When has Thor even shown to be faster than Wolverine?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I see it like this: wolverine vs Thor = floyd mayweather v mike Tyson. Mayweather is ten times faster but Tyson would take his head off. I mostly basing this on Thor actually (in a canon issue) admitting it. And not really having combat speed feats that contradict it. If superman said "batman is faster than me" it's PIS because he has consistent speed feats that show otherwise. The doesn't have gets that contradict him being slower than wolvie or cap or spidey. But we can agree to disagree

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolverine008
Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think many people tend to forget that comics are a business and stupid decisions are made constantly with their characters which is why they can be inconsistent. A character like Thor has shown to have at least microsecond reaction time and be able to move faster than the eye can perceive in his own comics a good portion of the time. When Thor fights other heroes like Wolverine, Thor is shown to move slower to give Wolverine a good fight. Why? Because its a business. People like to see other heroes fight each other have it be a good fight which is why both sides get a good showing no matter how ridiculous. Should Wolverine really be able to overwhelm Thor? No, but stupid stuff happens all the time.

Even speedsters like Surfer or Superman who have quick reaction time and can speedblitz rarely do for the sake of story. If the story isn't interesting, nobody will like it. Every once in awhile, we'll see both heroes speedblitz an enemy they struggled with earlier because its for the story. They also have low reaction time feats but these heroes don't have the hatred Thor has. Thor for some reason has been hated by Marvel writers for the past decade which is why he can be overwhelmed Wolverine or doesn't have as much speed feats as he used to. He has also been a punching bag for other heroes which is why people seem to underrate him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolverine008

I think many people tend to forget that comics are a business and stupid decisions are made constantly with their characters which is why they can be inconsistent. A character like Thor has shown to have at least microsecond reaction time and be able to move faster than the eye can perceive in his own comics a good portion of the time. When Thor fights other heroes like Wolverine, Thor is shown to move slower to give Wolverine a good fight. Why? Because its a business. People like to see other heroes fight each other have it be a good fight which is why both sides get a good showing no matter how ridiculous. Should Wolverine really be able to overwhelm Thor? No, but stupid stuff happens all the time.

Even speedsters like Surfer or Superman who have quick reaction time and can speedblitz rarely do for the sake of story. If the story isn't interesting, nobody will like it. Every once in awhile, we'll see both heroes speedblitz an enemy they struggled with earlier because its for the story. They also have low reaction time feats but these heroes don't have the hatred Thor has. Thor for some reason has been hated by Marvel writers for the past decade which is why he can be overwhelmed Wolverine or doesn't have as much speed feats as he used to. He has also been a punching bag for other heroes which is why people seem to underrate him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Are there any recent feats if Thor displaying fast combat spew that put him above wolverine spiderman and cap?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

QFT

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor does FTL reaction speed. people downplay his speed with PIS

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

Thor does FTL reaction speed. people downplay his speed with PIS

Except that is the most common/consistent portrayal now. At this point, FTL reaction would be the PIS, because it would contradict a decades worth of showings.

With super speed, I think Thor slides into Superman's league, but im still not sure it would give him the win.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc: Besides the one with quicksilver I can't think of anything in the past decade. He has a few travel feats where he goes beyond the speed of light.

I forgot to mention that Thor's new series is showing him to be more powerful so hopefully that can get rid of his slow and weak perception.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: I just debated that one with wolverine08. That's not a speed feat. If it were he would have hut QS instead of the ground. If he has nanosecond reaction tie or FTL reaction time tagging QS would have been easy. If I take the ground from

Underneath usain bolt that doesn't make me faster or even as fast as he is

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he already has at least microsecond

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he already has at least microsecond

He has one ridiculous silver age feat of throwing a punch in "micro-seconds" and has never shown anything anywhere near that in the last 40 years.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

These threads are silly.

"What would happen if X character was powered up in X way"

He'd be more powerful!

GASP!!!!

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By themadsurfer

@sheenlantern: But he has and so SS doesn't display a nanosecond for quite some time.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These threads are silly.

"What would happen if X character was powered up in X way"

He'd be more powerful!

GASP!!!!

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd be able to wreck like all his villains.

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By McDerpyson

He would still lose to Superman... Though the fight would last longer.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thor is as fast as Superman, he would be more powerful than most conventional superheroes.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rogueshadow  Moderator

The Superman vs Thor debate would [Or at last should] be over.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well all know of Thor's FTL flight, but what of his combat speed? More specificly let's say hypothetically he could match Wonder Womans combat speed, meaning he can fight, move and swing his hammer at insane speed.

Would he rank much higher on the fighting scale? Who would he be able to beat with his newfound speed? What new feats would he be able to accomplish? Does he stand a chance vs Superman?

He would actually be able to put up a fight against DC's heavy hitters. I still think Superman would take the majority, as he'd still have the advantage in every other category besides versatility (diversity of abilities). But i'd then be comfortable saying he would beat GL in all of their encounters, and probably take a slight edge over Wonder Woman.