If the Sinister 6 can beat the Avengers,the Xmen are about to own

camd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By camd

Enjoyed the Amazing Spiderman and AvX releases this week. As far as predictions go...."I choose the Xmen..."

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By BurningDoom1

When did the Sinister Six beat the Avengers? Was this the incredibly crappy mid-90s team?

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@BurningDoom1: He is referring to the latest Amazing Spider-man I believe.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BurningDoom1

That really happened?! It shouldn't have. The Avengers should have been able to wipe the floor with them. WTF?

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blazinasian112

in the latest Amazing Spiderman, Doc Ock, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro, Rhino, and Chameleon took out Red Hulk, Thor, Iron man, Hawk Eye, and Captain America but its not over yet. Hawkeye took out Mysterio and Thor took out Electro but Rhino speared Thor with a special horn doc ock retrieved. Doc Ock took out Iron man, chameleon took out Red Hulk with a special ray, and Sandman took out Cap with a freezing device.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They came prepared it seems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @ Sandman taking out Cap with a freezing device.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

That is some Bull*****

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't find it all too wacky. The members of the six all recently where jacked up each on an individual basis, and all had high showings as a result. The six themselves have since brought it to the Intelligencia and the Fantastic Four. Doc Ock himself in his revival has had one big showing after another, in particular his stand-off with Iron Man is notable. This is pretty much a revival of the kind of threat he used to be around and after the Secret Wars comics era. It seems to have been well played if anything. The Intelligencia themselves wrecked damn near everybody in Fall Of The Hulks/World War Hulks not too long ago. Villains shouldn't feeble, they should be challenging as to define the hero's by them. It's not unreasonable to think that any group containing world renowned genius and long developed power wielding characters in it's flock would have a good day when they delicately planned for it. I don't really think that equates to X-Men and Avengers personally since it's individual and situational based. It took the Sinister 6 a very long time to achieve this, something that's been worked since prior to Grim Hunt even. It doesn't actually diminish however the Avengers capacities, nor increase the X-Men's.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

The only reason the X-Men have a legitimate chance of winning is because a large majority of the Avengers' greatest powerhouses are dead/MIA.

Wonder Man-gone.

Thor-gone.

Sentry-gone.

Blue Marvel (never technically an Avenger)-gone.

Doc Strange isn't nearly as powerful as he used to be, and Hulk is....I have no idea.

Thor would solo whole teams of X-Men with moderate ease, so the fact that he's not around is the reason why the X-Men are favored.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Illuminatus: Thor isn't gone, he already back hes just going to be in space at the beginning of the event

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@BlackArmor said:

@Illuminatus: Thor isn't gone, he already back hes just going to be in space at the beginning of the event

Oh, really? Then expect Thor to be a massive jobber so that the X-Men don't get f*cking obliterated.

Arachnokrypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arachnokrypt

Perhaps the Sinister 6 would own the X-men too.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Illuminatus said:

@BlackArmor said:

Oh, really? Then expect Thor to be a massive jobber so that the X-Men don't get f*cking obliterated.

Probably, he's going to be in space with a bunch of other Avengers intercepting the phoinex Force so t's possible that he'll get taken out before he gets back to earth.......

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Arachnokrypt said:

Perhaps the Sinister 6 would own the X-men too.

Only with extensive preparation and plot-devices.

@BlackArmor said:

@Illuminatus said:

@BlackArmor said:

Probably, he's going to be in space with a bunch of other Avengers intercepting the phoinex Force so t's possible that he'll get taken out before he gets back to earth.......

Eh..

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

X-men need to get taken down a peg :P go Avengers.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Anyone who buys that the Sinister Six can take the Avengers, while they'll definitely lose to Spidey, or that this event will be anything other than a clusterf*ck of PIS, is either drunk, stoned or stupid.  

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

If giant purple robots can make the X-Men collectively crap their pants, the Avengers are going to destroy them. See what I did there?

camd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By camd

: Only problem with Thor is mjolnir is susceptible to Magneto's power . Also Juggs and Thor have clashed a few times and they've been close, so colossonaut vs thor should be a doozy too if that happens.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@camd said:

: Only problem with Thor is mjolnir is susceptible to Magneto's power . Also Juggs and Thor have clashed a few times and they've been close, so colossonaut vs thor should be a doozy too if that happens.

When was the last time 616 Magneto gave Thor the slightest bit of trouble? Decades ago? Also, Piotr is nowhere near as powerful as Marko was.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

Even this prepared the Sinister Six shouldn't be able to stop the Avengers or even stop them like this.And for AvX,well,the X-Men only have chances because most of Avengers' heavyweights are gone.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Illuminatus said:

@BlackArmor said:

Unless, of course, X-Man gets his powers back.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BurningDoom1

@Illuminatus said:

@camd said:

When was the last time 616 Magneto gave Thor the slightest bit of trouble? Decades ago? Also, Piotr is nowhere near as powerful as Marko was.

Mjolnir has mystical properties, surely Magneto can't control it as easily as he does steel. The metal is called Uru, I'm pretty sure that's not on Earth.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@BurningDoom1 said:

Mjolnir has mystical properties, surely Magneto can't control it as easily as he does steel. The metal is called Uru, I'm pretty sure that's not on Earth.

Exactly. I mean, decades ago, Magneto was able to repel Thor's hammer, but Thor was barely even trying and still managed to defeat him.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BurningDoom1

@Illuminatus said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

Exactly. I mean, decades ago, Magneto was able to repel Thor's hammer, but Thor was barely even trying and still managed to defeat him.

Oh, well if it already happened, then guess Magneto can control it. It's already been established. Didn't know that.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@BurningDoom1 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

Oh, well if it already happened, then guess Magneto can control it. It's already been established. Didn't know that.

It was decades ago, and Magneto didn't really control as much as he just momentarily repelled it and ran away. You have to remember that this was the Thor that was able to transmute other beings, teleport, control time, and throw his hammer fast enough to traverse across vast amounts of space in seconds. It doesn't really make sense that Mags was able to react fast enough to it, but whatever.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BurningDoom1

@Illuminatus said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

It was decades ago, and Magneto didn't really control as much as he just momentarily repelled it and ran away. You have to remember that this was the Thor that was able to transmute other beings, teleport, control time, and throw his hammer fast enough to traverse across vast amounts of space in seconds. It doesn't really make sense that Mags was able to react fast enough to it, but whatever.

It's not Thor that Magneto's controlling, it's the metal in the hammer. The metal doesn't change over the years, so if Magneto could do it once, he could do it again. And the gain in power would apply to Magneto as well. Magneto has shown power enough to affect the Earth's gravitational field.

My original thought was that since the metal was Uru, that Magneto couldn't control it because it wasn't and Earthly metal. But since he already has, that puts a hole in that theory.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@BurningDoom1 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

@Illuminatus said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

It's not Thor that Magneto's controlling, it's the metal in the hammer. The metal doesn't change over the years, so if Magneto could do it once, he could do it again. And the gain in power would apply to Magneto as well. Magneto has shown power enough to affect the Earth's gravitational field.

My original thought was that since the metal was Uru, that Magneto couldn't control it because it wasn't and Earthly metal. But since he already has, that puts a hole in that theory.

Right, but my point was that Thor was able to throw his hammer at ridiculous speeds way back in the day that completely blew the laws of physics out of the water and then strapped dynamite to their backs and letting them blow up. He was that ridiculous.

My personal opinion is that the mystical nature of the hammer and it's immense, almost unquantifiable weight would be too much for Magneto and would cause strain and possible trauma. Not too mention, lifting the hammer off the ground it one thing, but who says Magneto is worthy enough to use the powers that Mjolnir grants?

Also, wasn't he amped by a machine when he manipulated the Earth's gravitational field?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Anyone who buys that the Sinister Six can take the Avengers, while they'll definitely lose to Spidey

The six had specially prepared plans for each Avenger concocted by Ock himself.

Kinda like a mini repeat of the Tower Of Bable story from JLA.

Except with Doc Ock.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BurningDoom1

Maybe he did use a machine, it's been many many years since I read Fatal Attractions. Even if so, he's definitely not the same Magneto of the 60s & 70s.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Anyone who buys that the Sinister Six can take the Avengers, while they'll definitely lose to Spidey

Except with Doc Ock.

I saw that, mate, but come on. I'm not bagging Slott or anything, but Doc Ock is no Batman.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Except with Doc Ock.

I saw that, mate, but come on. I'm not bagging Slott or anything, but Doc Ock is no Batman.

Of course he isn't.

But he took files filled with critical information from the Intelligencia.

So he didn't come up with it all on his own.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By joshmightbe

@BurningDoom1: He can't control it just block it, and if Thor calls back his hammer no force on Earth can stop it from returning

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Except with Doc Ock.

Of course he isn't.

But he took files filled with critical information from the Intelligencia.

So he didn't come up with it all on his own.

He's the Goddamn Octopus now.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By InnerVenom123

@entropy_aegis: Totally.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

That is some Bull*****

QFT

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinasian112 said:

in the latest Amazing Spiderman, Doc Ock, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro, Rhino, and Chameleon took out Red Hulk, Thor, Iron man, Hawk Eye, and Captain America but its not over yet. Hawkeye took out Mysterio and Thor took out Electro but Rhino speared Thor with a special horn doc ock retrieved. Doc Ock took out Iron man, chameleon took out Red Hulk with a special ray, and Sandman took out Cap with a freezing device.

Wow, Slott's writing has really gone down hill.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By danhimself

I think that the problem was that the Avengers seriously underestimated the Sinister Six...they went in overconfident and used the same old strategies to try and take them down thinking they were the same old jobbers that they were used to fighting

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Sinister Six > four ten year olds. 

Even in embarrassing defeats, the X-Men are impossible to top.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_
Sinister Six > four ten year olds. 

Even in embarrassing defeats, the X-Men are impossible to top.
And Morph comes out swinging.
Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:

@BlackArmor said:

Doubt it. Cable no longer has the techno-organic virus and has been recuperating ever since the end of Avengers X Sanction. If the Avengers plan on abducting Hope, they better be prepared for Cable going all out.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Illuminatus said:

@BlackArmor said:

Doubt it. Cable no longer has the techno-organic virus and has been recuperating ever since the end of Avengers X Sanction. If the Avengers plan on abducting Hope, they better be prepared for Cable going all out.

I never read X Sanction, so I wasn't aware of this.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By InnerVenom123

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@blazinasian112 said:

Not even close.

Ock stole info from the Intelligencia to formulate plans to take down the Avengers.

The "special horn" (described ever-so-vaguely) happened to be a fang of the Midgard Serpent.

Ock hacked Stark's suit, Electro basically tased Hawkeye before being blasted out of the atmosphere, Chameleon took out Rulk with this specific type of gamma ray blast, and Sandman used a bit of tech that froze Cap.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@blazinasian112 said:

Not even close.

Ock stole info from the Intelligencia to formulate plans to take down the Avengers.

The "special horn" (described ever-so-vaguely) happened to be a fang of the Midgard Serpent.

Ock hacked Stark's suit, Electro basically tased Hawkeye before being blasted out of the atmosphere, Chameleon took out Rulk with this specific type of gamma ray blast, and Sandman used a bit of tech that froze Cap.

Just read the issue. Made more sense as to how the others described it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By fodigg

@Illuminatus said:

@camd said:

Dude, come on. He's Colossus + Juggernaut. That's powerful considering Colossus frequently sparred Juggernaut to a standstill back in the day.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blazinasian112
No Caption Provided

@Illuminatus: Even mjolnir is susceptible to the master of magnetism

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@blazinasian112: It hasn't been in decades and Thor has still beaten Magneto during that same comic, if I'm not mistaken.
blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers