If superpowered beings really existed

darkningdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkningdawn

Would the real world be better or worse? 

On one hand the superpowers could help society,but that depends on how many powers would end up in the right hands. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
it depends on what all superpowered beings existed... because if we are talking about massive Cosmic Enemies like Anti Monitor or Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet... unless we had someone to battled them that were good... this world probably wouldnt even exist... hell out universe may no longer exist... lmao
Aion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aion

People don't even have super powers now and they are destroying the earth. 

If they did we'd be a galactic threat somehow!Maybe universal.
Biondello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Biondello

I'm Thinking worst because have you ever noticed for every 1 superhero you get like 20 villains to go with them. And we don't want lex Luthor stealing anymore cakes. That's terrible.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By castleking
@King Saturn said:
" it depends on what all superpowered beings existed... because if we are talking about massive Cosmic Enemies like Anti Monitor or Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet... unless we had someone to battled them that were good... this world probably wouldnt even exist... hell out universe may no longer exist... lmao "
nonsense the presence would fully back us and intervene to stop a real life thanos.
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ms__omega

We would destroy our selves we are doing it  now with out them with powers it would only be quicker

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By CellphoneGirl
@Aion said:
" People don't even have super powers now and they are destroying the earth.  If they did we'd be a galactic threat somehow!Maybe universal. "
I agree, but then again at least i would have more hope of someone protecting us :P
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

It would be cool because I would find a way for me to get super powers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
@castleking said:
" @King Saturn said:
" it depends on what all superpowered beings existed... because if we are talking about massive Cosmic Enemies like Anti Monitor or Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet... unless we had someone to battled them that were good... this world probably wouldnt even exist... hell out universe may no longer exist... lmao "
nonsense the presence would fully back us and intervene to stop a real life thanos. "
hopefully he would... but eh
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By SevanGrim

Worse.
Doesnt matter how many Super heroes we have. One Super villain could probably wipeout a city with a temper tantrum. and if there where no Supervillains, the whole "government wants to do experiments on you" idea becomes a reality. Now we either dont have heroes becuase the government killed them or locked them up, or science figures out how to MAKE things with the stuidies they took and now we have a world full of semi-powered soldiers and terrorist. 
best case scenario, we get Something like Hancock. ONE super-person who nobody can touch who doesnt have any desire to do anything illegal. anymore and your looking at propaganda, science, politics, and egos getting in the way.

Aion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aion
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
True
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Agent Buttons
Worse
lozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lozer

I'd like one superman. That's it. A boyscout good guy/girl who never kills kind of good. Just, nice one and that's it.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By castleking
i wanna be a super meta in the real world!!! lets see some news broad talk smack about me or religious putzes calling me derogatory names....  fly to their city and smack...
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

As long as there are good people, good will always win over evil not matter who has the power, it's a universal law.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Korg

It would be interesting to see how comics were different...

JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JackAs
@War Killer said:
" As long as there are good people, good will always win over evil not matter who has the power, it's a universal law. "
nah. just plot wank.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By reactor
@darkningdawn said:
" Would the real world be better or worse?    On one hand the superpowers could help society,but that depends on how many powers would end up in the right hands.  "
Let me put it this way: Earth wouldn't have made it past the eighteenth century.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@JackAs said:
" @War Killer said:
" As long as there are good people, good will always win over evil not matter who has the power, it's a universal law. "
nah. just plot wank. "
Hey, everyone says it's going to be worse, and it will be if everyone thinks that way. If there were people with powers, then there would be heroes to stop the villains.
NagolNuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NagolNuff

we would all die terrible terrible deaths...i mean....terrible terrible deaths
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

im sure there would be good and bad guys but i highly doubt anyone would be out fighting crime for free, wed probably have super powered cops and soldiers along with super criminals the idea of a completely selfless person is nice but 99 times out 100 theres going to be some selfish motivation behind there behavior good or bad. its just our nature
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Griffin_2099

I suspect it depends on power levels. If you read JMS's Rising Stars I think that is fairly accurate in the first couple of books, right up until they get organised that is.
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JackAs
@NagolNuff said:

" we would all die terrible terrible deaths...i mean....terrible terrible deaths "

Try weed.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kadeem

If everyone had powers that allowed them to both survive and enjoy life fully, i think it would be less likely that people would be pressured to rob or attack each other since they would be able to use their powers to satisfy their needs.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By castleking
i would be a doom like figure.... i am not evil. i am just trying to help the world.... its not evil killing ppl it is good for the entire world.... now if i catch you littering you go to my dungeon and beaten and released.... after they under go  a conditioning program by watching anti litter videos
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Possibly worse. I just keep picturing Kingdom Come.

thaproblem99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thaproblem99

it would be a 50/50 split  some would always want to help others just because it's the right thing to while other may help to just get noticed for the fact that they have powers. some may want  to be worshiped as a god beacause of there power and others would do nothing but bully others knowing that they can't be stopped by a regular human it just depends on who has powers

Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon that al the heroes would eventually get ticked off, I bet for every earthquake or tsunami in which they were late, they would get stick, and most people would be jealous, it would encourage more people to turn into mad scientists, to try and be super. The army would create super soldiers. And well if I was a superhero I would be one of those who are scared that they may harm those which they love. (depending on what type of power it is of course.)
AgentOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgentOrange
@darkningdawn:  Some guy some where, once said power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely. I know thats said so often but just think of what you could do, what you would become  if you always got away with it living with no fear
Heroes MVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Heroes MVP
@darkningdawn: I think it would be like Marvel's Civil War, if you had powers youd have to register with the government.  Id hate to be someone who was stuck with a pretty crappy power or be someone who didnt have powers when everyone i knew had them haha
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By castleking
@Heroes MVP said:
" @darkningdawn: I think it would be like Marvel's Civil War, if you had powers youd have to register with the government.  Id hate to be someone who was stuck with a pretty crappy power or be someone who didnt have powers when everyone i knew had them haha "
like the night glow kid from sky high?
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gregomasta
@lozer said:
" I'd like one superman. That's it. A boyscout good guy/girl who never kills kind of good. Just, nice one and that's it. "
SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By SuperGamera

it would be like x men. ppl would not like ppl with powers and the ppl with powers would think they were better than evry one else
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By castleking
i would be like handcock..... i try hard to help ppl but also be self destructive and i might walk away from ppl if they start being ungrateful.... my car!! my home!!! b#@%@ ur lucky ur alive! quit crying for ur Ipod and laptop... selfish B#$^@  .......slap..........

but seriously i probably abandon helping certain countries and focus on helping more deserving ones...
AgentOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AgentOrange
@darkningdawn:  I Can see it turning into one big comic book convention with loads of people fighting over the right to be their favorite Character

All the altruistic hero types would be Fighting over who became Batman superman spider-man wolverine an so on untill someone dies because their trying to out do one another

Mean while the would be crims would go on a gang qeust to recruit peeps, gang warfare big pissing contests lots of  cake or death

Yea I suppose some would just lead normal lives using their abilities to make a little cash on the way to pay bills  stay hidden

Of course a few would go serial killer and start taking out all the people who they think did them wrong in their lives the bigger the crazy the bigger the list

A lot might go the entertainment stunt man path build an acting/singing/entertainment/Marvel comic hero impersonator for conventions or parties, movies, bands, reality shows famous for being famous

Some might go Vote for me honest John I have the power to get things done

Basically I can see the idea of people getting super powers going very wrong before it's gets any right

Still I have first dibs on the power of love cause I'm a guy & I think basic