#1 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you be afraid of them?

Let's say that the X-Men,  Avengers, Hulk, F4, DD, Spidey, Superman, Batman etc. exist in the real world, but the comics never existed, so we don't know their secret identities, morals, motives etc you just see them fighting on the news with strange powers. please give a reason.

#2 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
Just another universe that would have them out of an infinite amount of universes that already have them.
#3 Posted by wolverine9981 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

There would be collateral damage everywhere regular people would be in therapy on a daily basis(No seriously doc I just spilled my drink on this guy then he grew three feet taller,turned green and ate my family!)

#4 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm... it could be like the Nazis and they will either expunge or enslave their inferiors , we are lucky if they do not treat us as livestock for pleasure and consumption. The way to live through is either to 'make' yourself superhuman by transcending (trans-humanism, post-humanism, or making a deal with the dark one) if we are the supers a day in life would be like this.

e.g.my powers: total restoration & telepathy, i hate muggles

Bystander #1: OMG that supervillain just landed at terminal velocity and decimated an entire city (cries) *waaugh*
people are screaming and cryng, some can be seen trying to locate loved ones while others are praying
Me: yawn , what is it with you saps... did your family die? (chuckles)
Bystander #2: @#$% you (runs at me with anger and frustration)
I quickly pick up my sidearm and emptied a round at his temple , then spat at his corpse
Bystander #1: Jesus... that was just a child, who do you think you are! (staggers in the mix of anger an fear) [@#$%ing bastard, i can't even touch him]
Me: is that all you do sap? curse and twit around, even your mind is full of excrement
I snap my dingers and all is restored, along with the dead and their mind wiped so that they forget the accident and

Bystander #1 walks away with the lingering compulsion to commit suicide

Suggestion: turn yourself into one of them before they decide to kill all of us

"Better a meta than a not a"
quote from house of M

Frankly if you are born special and receive hate... you will consider forgiveness or punishment... and i think the latter is easier!

Humans will receive an Apocalypse scarier than Zombies and Robots combined, imagine fighting an immortal army with a posthuman God at their side?

Look below...

Human Extermination Campaign!

Unless if they join!

Damn Straight!

Or Die!

#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@wolverine9981: Your reason is very good, and people should be scared
#6 Edited by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure people would adjust. 

Humanity is capable of getting used to and overcoming anything.

Sure, there would always be bad people with powers, but for every Red Skull who threatens innocents and creates fear, there would be a Captain America to inspire hope and justice.

#7 Posted by AliceHatter (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be scared, but I would also do whatever I could to gain my own super powers. I think naturally everyone would be scared. 

Also, the world would be a whole lot more messed up...
#8 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@wolverine9981 said:
"There would be collateral damage everywhere regular people would be in therapy on a daily basis(No seriously doc I just spilled my drink on this guy then he grew three feet taller,turned green and ate my family!) "

Lol!

But no I wouldn't, I'd try to be a superhero, since I'm 15 I'd join the Young Avengers or something
#9 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Serpent said:
"I'm pretty sure people would adjust.  Humanity is capable of getting used to and overcoming anything.Sure, there would always be bad people with powers, but for every Red Skull who threatens innocents and creates fear, there would be a Captain America to inspire hope and justice."

Doubtful. Power corrupts. In real life, there will be a lot less 'good' supers than there are bad ones. I forsee a mutant revolution.
#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
"There would be collateral damage everywhere regular people would be in therapy on a daily basis(No seriously doc I just spilled my drink on this guy then he grew three feet taller,turned green and ate my family!) "
Lol!But no I wouldn't, I'd try to be a superhero, since I'm 15 I'd join the Young Avengers or something "
youd need powers, power armor, scientific genius or something other than just wanting to be one...
#11 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be alot like how the Marvel universe already is.
They can't trust their heroes,and they don't even like them at times,but they can also be very grateful for them.

#12 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
Lol!But no I wouldn't, I'd try to be a superhero, since I'm 15 I'd join the Young Avengers or something "
youd need powers, power armor, scientific genius or something other than just wanting to be one... "
What about Kate?
#13 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon said:
" @Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
youd need powers, power armor, scientific genius or something other than just wanting to be one... "
What about Kate? "
when they go out to fight villains, what does she do?
#14 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon said:
"@Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
What about Kate?"
Yeah, she didn't even want to be one, she was just in the right place at the right time, so why not me? I've always wanted to be a superhero and if something like this every happened you better bet that I'm going to go for it
#15 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@Paragon said:
" @Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
What about Kate? "
when they go out to fight villains, what does she do?"

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@Paragon said:
" @Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
What about Kate? "

"
right and so youre like a master martial artist and archer?
#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@Paragon said:
" @Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
What about Kate? "

"
right and so youre like a master martial artist and archer?
#18 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@Paragon said:
" @Apparition said:
" @War Killer said:
" @wolverine9981 said:
What about Kate? "

"
right and so youre like a master martial artist and archer?"
No
#19 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

well then i guess being in the right place at the right time's not really going to help you huh?

#20 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"well then i guess being in the right place at the right time's not really going to help you huh?"

You never know, I could superpowers or something like that
#21 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'd be afraid of the ones who made threats or posed as possibilities for a threat.
Now, if they were anything like Superman or Captain America, then I'd no problem.

#22 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"well then i guess being in the right place at the right time's not really going to help you huh?"
You never know, I could superpowers or something like that "
lol well i thought the purpose of the thread was to take the world as it is now and add superheroes to it.  so you wouldnt be any different then you are now.
#23 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
lol well i thought the purpose of the thread was to take the world as it is now and add superheroes to it.  so you wouldnt be any different then you are now."
Then I'd just be a none-powered wannbe-superhero and plus if there where Mutants then sooner or later one of thse mutant and "us" would get together and well...we'd have powers to
#24 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Well lets just say the world would not be the same. Like Joker said to Batman'' you changed things and their is no going back''.

#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
lol well i thought the purpose of the thread was to take the world as it is now and add superheroes to it.  so you wouldnt be any different then you are now."
Then I'd just be a none-powered wannbe-superhero and plus if there where Mutants then sooner or later one of thse mutant and "us" would get together and well...we'd have powers to "
lol silly, if you and the mutant got together then your kids might have powers but you never would.
#26 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
Then I'd just be a none-powered wannbe-superhero and plus if there where Mutants then sooner or later one of thse mutant and "us" would get together and well...we'd have powers to "
lol silly, if you and the mutant got together then your kids might have powers but you never would."
I could make my own suit or armor
#27 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
lol silly, if you and the mutant got together then your kids might have powers but you never would."
I could make my own suit or armor "
if you wanted to make a suit or armor now, could you?
#28 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
if you wanted to make a suit or armor now, could you?"
If I had the money and tech then yes, because I make a lot drawings of armors and have always wanted to make one
#29 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

People fear what they don't understand and ultimately it won't end well

for  either side

#30 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
If I had the money and tech then yes, because I make a lot drawings of armors and have always wanted to make one "
but if you dont have the money or the tech now, then why would you have it then?
#31 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

for  either side

"
No Matter How Dark the Day gets, No Matter how power full the enemy my become...The will lway Be Heroes Ready To Stand and Fight for the Freedom of All!

#32 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
If I had the money and tech then yes, because I make a lot drawings of armors and have always wanted to make one "
but if you dont have the money or the tech now, then why would you have it then?"
I'd sue that green guy from eating my famliy
#33 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

People would be scared at first, but over time people would adjust after seeing heroes constantly saving the day.

#34 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

for  either side

"
No Matter How Dark the Day gets, No Matter how power full the enemy my become...The will lway Be Heroes Ready To Stand and Fight for the Freedom of All!
"

#35 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"@War Killer said:
"@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

for  either side

"
"

"
Hmmmmmmm...
#36 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
but if you dont have the money or the tech now, then why would you have it then?"
I'd sue that green guy from eating my famliy "
lol then you'd still need the tech.  what kind of math and science grades do you get?
#37 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
lol then you'd still need the tech.  what kind of math and science grades do you get?"
Money = Tech. and I make D's in Math and I didn't know there was a Science Class?
#38 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
lol then you'd still need the tech.  what kind of math and science grades do you get?"
Money = Tech. and I make D's in Math and I didn't know there was a Science Class? "
money = money.  they dont actually have the technology now to make a really good battle suit, so they wouldnt if you just dropped super heroes in society now.  and you've never taken a chemistry or physics class?  d's in math mean you wont be the one making the suit ;)
#39 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Apparition said:
Money = Tech. and I make D's in Math and I didn't know there was a Science Class? "
money = money.  they dont actually have the technology now to make a really good battle suit, so they wouldnt if you just dropped super heroes in society now.  and you've never taken a chemistry or physics class?  d's in math mean you wont be the one making the suit ;)"
......I could do it, I believe!
#40 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i believe in you war killer!!!

#41 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"lol i believe in you war killer!!!"

Thank you...Do You Have $100,000,000,000...Dollers?
#42 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Serpent said:
" I'm pretty sure people would adjust.  Humanity is capable of getting used to and overcoming anything.Sure, there would always be bad people with powers, but for every Red Skull who threatens innocents and creates fear, there would be a Captain America to inspire hope and justice. "
Nah, the super powered superior species will replace us as the inhabitants of earth
That's right humans

And what is an armor to a techno path? what is prep-time to an omniscient? in real-life there will be no plot-armor to defend the human race!

Become a post-human and enslave the weak ones (this time it is true)

Pretty much an inevitable fate once it happens, survival of the fittest. Or competitive exclusion and we just got excluded

Its gonna be a mad world

#43 Posted by NightFang (9981 posts) - - Show Bio
@Girth said:
"People would be scared at first, but over time people would adjust after seeing heroes constantly saving the day. "
             I agree with you.
#44 Posted by MrDirector786 (43516 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be the coolest thing ever if you ask me.

#45 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

if their were a small group of superhumans varying from street lvlers to godlike abilities, they would rule the world whether we wanted them to or not. the government would try to police them but it would only work with the ones that would allow it and were susceptible to small arms fire.  overall like some one said it would be survival of the fittest the world would go back to the strong which humans in general would not be.

#46 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh if you're as awesome as i am then you need no superpowered heroes saving the day

Me and Chuck Norris will save the day

#47 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

If it'd be like in the Marvel or DC universes, I'd only be moderatly afraid...I mean, how often is Sweden made a supervillain target lol? If I lived in US it'd be another thing...

#48 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King said:
" if their were a small group of superhumans varying from street lvlers to godlike abilities, they would rule the world whether we wanted them to or not. the government would try to police them but it would only work with the ones that would allow it and were susceptible to small arms fire.  overall like some one said it would be survival of the fittest the world would go back to the strong which humans in general would not be. "
Fully agreed on that notion man, Imagine Nazis flying on open skies with their Ubermensch. Our potential is their mediocre at best, Chuck Norris can't touch them...
Imagine an army of HIM

Question: Where does a being with omnipotence sits?
Answer: Wherever the hell it wants to

#49 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter  would suck in real life and could and would be captured eventually... sorry real bias with him.

the power i would like to have would be superman like powers or nate grey(shaman)... chances are i would act just like handcock drinking, sleeping where ever and take what i want. i would probably just squat at a high end hotel suite having them bring me food and clean my room and their would be nothing they could do.

it reminds me of the comic rising stars.

#50 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Civil War...Nuff Said