If Magneto was good, could mutants and humans live in peace?

• 55 results
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By cattlebattle

@starr: Read further. After Wasp learns of his plan she tries to escape and he nearly kills her.

Your example of "but other X-Men killed" is also a little flaky. The X-Men, like Colossus, or Storm have killed in really extreme situations, situations where there lives or other innocent lives would have been ended if they didn't act and there was nearly no other way. Magneto during the Secret Wars was going to kill everybody just because it was the only solution he could come to without trying...it was the easy way out essentially. At any rate...what the other X-Men have done isn't in question here. Magnetos villainous actions are, in which he has a ton of them.

I feel like you think just because Magneto is sympathetic, it makes his actions justified. Either way, he is still a villain.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Starr

@cattlebattle said:

@starr: Read further. After Wasp learns of his plan she tries to escape and he nearly kills her.

Your example of "but other X-Men killed" is also a little flaky. The X-Men, like Colossus, or Storm have killed in really extreme situations, situations where there lives or other innocent lives would have been ended if they didn't act and there was nearly no other way. Magneto during the Secret Wars was going to kill everybody just because it was the only solution he could come to without trying...it was the easy way out essentially. At any rate...what the other X-Men have done isn't in question here. Magnetos villainous actions are, in which he has a ton of them.

I feel like you think just because Magneto is sympathetic, it makes his actions justified. Either way, he is still a villain.

A little flaky? No no no. If I recall this correctly, Storm killed people before. I mean, human. She was one of Magneto's brotherhood. She acted against her own teammate in several occasions. Some was under Claremont's pen, X-Men Forever arc. She killed Wolverine and battles the X-Men in a bedlam. Later on she went on to murder Black Panther and expropriate her position as Queen of Wakanda. Oh let me tell you this arc has a much more ruthless Storm willing to do anything and kill anyone to get to her supreme. Not to mention, she has a beastly scar. Oh by the way, Claremont did a wonderful job making Storm a predominate villain in this arc. Same goes to every each X-men. Especially Cyclops who acted more villainous than Magneto in AvX and after that. And while Magneto was guiding him like a son, he didn't want Cyclops to become like the old him.

Same for Colossus who wanted to kill his own sister and while in his fugitive, he told Storm this "If you find my sister... kill her." Does he knew Storm has the heart to do so? Real heroes don't act that way no matter their foundation. I'm telling ya no one is perfect and they are pretty much Anti-heroes if you might want to look at it that way.

I don’t think any comic book character has crossed the good guy/bad guy line more often than Magneto. He's been back and fort, to hero and villain, to black and white, and for this simple reason people (me include) consider him a grey Anti-hero. Beside Storm as I mentioned above, or any other X-men are consider heroes.

Everyone knows that Magneto went through the Holocaust. What most people do not understand is how that experience drives him or what the other emotional twists in his psyche are. Magneto's survival instincts are perhaps one of the strongest in the Marvel Universe, not only surviving years in the death camp, but also clawing his way out of at least seven or eight situations on panel which should have killed or permanently imprisoned him. This, of course, after his family was slaughtered. Yea... he is sympathetic and prob the reason why I considerate. Just like everyone has sympathy for Cyclops or any other characters. Either way, he is still an Anti-hero.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr: I completely agree with you girlfriend. Magneto comes and goes, from villain to hero, and never stay long in nether one. I absolutely agree that he's antihero. And nowadays the real heroes are actually more like antihero... and close to villain. lol.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr: I completely agree with you girlfriend. Magneto comes and goes, from villain to hero, and never stay long in nether one. I absolutely agree that he's antihero. And nowadays the real heroes are actually more like antihero... and close to villain. lol.

Well thank you.

Absolutely. People here think I'm speaking illogically, but what they don't want to admit is that I'm right on everything I posted. Dog Face think I'm trolling around lol. Trolling is for childish who don't have knowledge of what the hell I'm talking about (or if they ever read comics). Magneto to me is an Anti-HERO and I can still prove it. As a matter of fact, he is a HERO.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr said:

@fabulosity said:

Well thank you.

Absolutely. People here think I'm speaking illogically, but what they don't want to admit is that I'm right on everything I posted. Dog Face think I'm trolling around lol. Trolling is for childish who don't have knowledge of what the hell I'm talking about (or if they ever read comics). Magneto to me is an Anti-HERO and I can still prove it. As a matter of fact, he is a HERO.

Well said lol