If Magneto was good, could mutants and humans live in peace?

• 55 results
Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

What do you guys think?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He is not the sole reason mutants and humans don't co-exist in Marvel comics, lol.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mandarinestro

There's still Apocalypse.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope. Hell he's more of a Anti Hero too me and it's not like he's the only reason for the conflict. It would still be going with or without him.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Hell he's more of a Anti Hero too me and it's not like he's the only reason for the conflict. It would still be going with or without him.

More of an Anti-Villain than an Anti-Hero. Certainly "classic Magneto" anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mutants and humans have a hard time coexisting because of the humans' prejudice against mutants.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost:

The point is he's not a straight up bad person like maybe the Red Skull or Doctor Doom? He's doing what he thinks is best for his kind because he believes no one else is.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if he and xavior worked together there's so much they could accomplish together. seeing each others point of views would benefit them both. However humans will never fully except mutants into society. although things would be better for mutants.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mandarinestro

There's still Apocalypse.

No Caption Provided

On a second thought, Magneto FTW.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost:

The point is he's not a straight up bad person like maybe the Red Skull or Doctor Doom? He's doing what he thinks is best for his kind because he believes no one else is.

Except for those occasions when he decides to wipe humanity out.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Hah, no.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I agree. Magneto is like the Punisher of mutant-kind.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@ryagan said:

Mutants and humans have a hard time coexisting because of the humans' prejudice against mutants.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost:

For others not his own selfish goal.

Genocide to help others is still genocide. *shrug* I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the semantics, not that big of a deal.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Mutants would be discriminated against even if they didn't fight.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20 JediXMan  Moderator

No. If anything, the actions done by humans prove Magneto right most of the time.

Also, while I am relatively behind in comics, as far as I know Magneto has been on the side of the X-Men for years now.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Boynerdgeek

It is weird that Fantastic Four also have superpower but everyone love them meanwhile X-men is hated by everyone because they have superpower ?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

No. Dirty muties must die.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tex_the_slayer said:

@greatcaesarsghost:

Except for those occasions when he decides to wipe humanity out.

Yeah, but he didn't. In his solo book he's more likely an Anti-hero.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We got a racist over here. I bet you hate those poor mutants but love that Dastardly evil Menace known as Spider Man.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

We got a racist over here. I bet you hate those poor mutants but love that Dastardly evil Menace known as Spider Man.

It actually makes sense that people don't hate superhumans in general but hate mutants. Mutants are direct affronts to Homo Sapiens' very existence, they are seen by the public as our extinction, whereas other superhumans occur due to external tampering of the genome, they aren't going to end the line of Homo Sapiens.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Starr

@tex_the_slayer said:

@rogueshadow said:

It actually makes sense that people don't hate superhumans in general but hate mutants. Mutants are direct affronts to Homo Sapiens' very existence, they are seen by the public as our extinction, whereas other superhumans occur due to external tampering of the genome, they aren't going to end the line of Homo Sapiens.

Prejudice.

Powers are powers. To me ain't no differences. Mutants are born with it while other are just creation by the laboratory, but STILL are powers whether mutants or mutates. Mutants are the one sufferings (no thanks to humans and Avengers). You're clearly a BIGOT lol.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By Claymore1998

@ryagan said:

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By dernman

Probably not but it certainly would have helped. Magneto's actions just undermined all the good others have done.

Sorry but Magneto is a villain. He's a mutant supremest and terrorist. Any questionable short term help he has done for his people doesn't change that fact.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Probably not but it certainly would have helped. Magneto's actions just undermined all the good others have done.

Sorry but Magneto is a villain. He's a mutant supremest and terrorist. Any questionable short term help he has done for his people doesn't change that fact.

Actually towards the end of his villain days, he softened his tune by quite a bit. Instead of conquering mankind, he tried to settle for a nation for mutants. They eventually gave him Genosha.

He than helped the XM several times and went on trial willingly

By the time he joined the XM. Magneto has been shown to save humans in XM legacy, going as far as to stopping his clone from killing anti-mutant protesters.

He has also admitted to Rogue and Cyclops that he was guilty all those years.

It remains to be seen whether he will stay this path but right now, Magneto is no longer the villainous human-conqueror.

One interesting thing to point on is in the house of M, where Wanda granted everyone's heart's desires. Magneto got what he want, mutants on the top and him as ruler.

However under his rule, humans were allowed to live and die out peacefully as evolution progresses. This is probably one of the great insights of what magneto really wanted.

That said, he's Anti-hero.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto has not been evil since the 60's he was retconned to just being extremely angry.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto has not been evil since the 60's he was retconned to just being extremely angry.

Agree

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ScouterV

Ask a mutant in the Marvel Universe, there's a good chance they'll tell you Magneto is good.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dernman

@starr:

Actually towards the end of his villain days, he softened his tune by quite a bit. Instead of conquering mankind, he tried to settle for a nation for mutants. They eventually gave him Genosha.

Actually any changes hasn't been all that significant and usually gets turn back to script. Sorry but deciding to separate oneself instead constantly attacking isn't an indication of being a less evil supremest. All it shows is goals an approaches temporary shifting

He than helped the XM several times and went on trial willingly

Many evil characters have helped a hero out at one point or another. Going on trail willingly doesn't mean anything. Magneto doesn't actually respect those courts and he new he wasn't going spend his life in prison. Even if might have he's still out and about doing is thing.

By the time he joined the XM. Magneto has been shown to save humans in XM legacy, going as far as to stopping his clone from killing anti-mutant protesters.

Not because he cared for humans but because he knows mutants are not in the place where they can do that at the time. He also had other reasons.

He has also admitted to Rogue and Cyclops that he was guilty all those years.

So Magnto knows he's a mutant supremest. Doesn't mean he cares.

It remains to be seen whether he will stay this path but right now, Magneto is no longer the villainous human-conqueror.

Only because Mutants are not in a position to do so. Mutants are heavily on the defensive. Not to mention that he's tired and many mutants now look towards the next generation for leadership.

One interesting thing to point on is in the house of M, where Wanda granted everyone's heart's desires. Magneto got what he want, mutants on the top and him as ruler.

However under his rule, humans were allowed to live and die out peacefully as evolution progresses. This is probably one of the great insights of what magneto really wanted.

Did you actually read all the stories for the House of M era? I'm seeing your rose tinted glasses here. It was horrible for humans and only getting worse but we can't really count that because that was a construct of SW and not Magneto. It was a reality of SW's making, not Magneto's and even the personalities/beliefs of the characters were not themselves.

That said, he's like most villains who are not a one dimensional caricature. It could even be said he's not much different than some third world "leader" who wants to overthrow an corrupt government only to turn out as bad or if not worse. He's a smart charismatic leader who fools people into thinking he's not so bad because he knows what to say, fights on a side that is being discriminated against and often goes against evil people which makes people want to see him in a certain light. For many they can't look beyond that to really see him.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It would be much easier

I know if I was a standard Marvel human and Magneto going on TV saying he will kill all humans in the name of mutant kind would make me feel uncomfortable with mutants.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Your logic against Magneto make no sense. Clearly you are deniable and wants to paint Magneto as a villain. All this I posted are true and everyone knows it.

Well first of all, he did stop. He did stop all that craps you mentioned.

He did save San Francisco and probably helped out in a crisis or two.

He also gave up his dream at least more than once and choose exile rather than fight it out.

In the Secret Wars, the Beyonder placed Magneto on the Hero side.

Like someone mentioned "Magneto has not been evil since the 60's he was retconned to just being extremely angry."

Genosha was shown to be a nice place to be, from what I recall, and until Morrison made Magneto a 60's version of himself with a drug addiction, everything seemed nice and dandy for Magneto on his island nation.

Even then, he hasn't betrayed his team once since he joined, other than calling Charles to help with Scott and Emma.

I think you have to read the comics. Xavier was far from peaceful. Xavier has just slightly more discreet. While Xavier has no desire to put mutants on the top, he created the x-men which btw were just kids and sent them to right magneto.

On top of that. Xavier has been working with forge and short pack on convert operations shutting down mutant and anti-mutant terrorism. Xavier than blackmailed Mystique to work for him.

Xavier also had a secret team at some point.

He's not stupid, he knows what exactly needs to be done and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Magneto will always be set in his ways in regards to mutants. Its too ingrained in the character to deviate from this. In some ways I think Magneto is the footsoldier for Mutant kind.

I have noticed however that he has somewhat changed from world domination to doing what it takes to protect his own kind. um Hitler was protecting his own people in his eyes..food for thought.

Also, if you're not familiar with Magneto solo book, I suggest you to go and get it. It will show you the exact reason why Magneto is not what you think. Magneto change during the past years and a villain, terrorist, or what ever you want to paint him with, is no different from humanity or Avengers.

I'm sry, but you must read comic also. Magneto is not a villain and I don't think he ever was since his retconned. Magneto is an Anti-hero... like it or not.

Have you read "God Loves Man Kills" ? The hell with that. If I see the purifiers killing mutants like they did in specifically that book, and they way they kills those innocence kids, you better believe they would feel uncomfortable with Humans.

Magneto do what other nation would do to protects their right (is no different). You can't just come up and say what Magneto is without checking the evidence and without seeing the other side of the story. Magneto is not a villain for god sake. He is an understandable character that I'm sure everyone agree with.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dernman

@starr: Your logic against Magneto make no sense. Clearly you are deniable and wants to paint Magneto as a villain. All this I posted are true and everyone knows it.

Says the person who has binders on when it comes to Magneto. Don't expect others to buy into the bull just because you drink the kool aid and are biased. He is a fantastic character but you need to face facts that most honest objective people now. Magneto is a villain.

Well first of all, he did stop. He did stop all that craps you mentioned.

No he has remained a mutant supremacist. His focus shifting doesn't change that. Your refusal to face the truth doesn't change that.

He did save San Francisco and probably helped out in a crisis or two.

Many villains have saved the world at one point or another because it suits them at the time. Just because he's not running around crazy blowing shite up lie some mindless idiot doesn't make him a good guy. There are many reason for him as a villain to want to save sanfan.

He also gave up his dream at least more than once and choose exile rather than fight it out.

Shifting short term priorities does not mean a change in character. THough the fact that he's had to "give it up" more than once shows that he's never truly given it up. Just because you're not acting on something does not mean you are not the same person.just because some kkk member isn't out bashing non whites heads in everyday doesn't mean that evil isn't still there.

IIRC wasn't he teaching the school at the time.? So ya of course he's going to be placed there. You know who else use to fight along side the X-Men. Sabertooth. Who's going to say he's a good guy

Like someone mentioned "Magneto has not been evil since the 60's he was retconned to just being extremely angry."

and like i said and many say he's wrong. Just because you two share this impaired one dimensional view of what villain is and what it's restricted standards doesn't change the fact that he's a terrorist mutant supremacist.

Genosha was shown to be a nice place to be, from what I recall, and until Morrison made Magneto a 60's version of himself with a drug addiction, everything seemed nice and dandy for Magneto on his island nation.

For mutants.....

Even then, he hasn't betrayed his team once since he joined, other than calling Charles to help with Scott and Emma.

For the love of all that's logical why would he betray them? It's certainly NOT going to benefit him or mutants. Evil does not equate stupid.

I think you have to read the comics. Xavier was far from peaceful. Xavier has just slightly more discreet. While Xavier has no desire to put mutants on the top, he created the x-men which btw were just kids and sent them to right magneto.

Why are you attacking Xavier? I've never said anything about Xavier here. What he is or is not has no barring on what Magneto is. This is a cheap attempt to tear one character down to make another look not at bad. Which I find funny because Magneto joined Cyclops's side who wanted to continue making little mutant soldiers for their cause while the other side wanted them to stay out of the fighting.

On top of that. Xavier has been working with forge and short pack on convert operations shutting down mutant and anti-mutant terrorism. Xavier than blackmailed Mystique to work for him. Xavier also had a secret team at some point.

Yes such a terrible guy stopping terrorist in secret and blackmailing evil villain to do some good (sarcasm) but as I've said about I didn't bring up Xavier as an example of anything because it's irreverent.

He's not stupid, he knows what exactly needs to be done and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Magneto isn't stupid. He knows teaming up with the X-Men at times is only beneficial to some of the things he wants. Like making the mutant community stronger, staying relevant, fooling people into thinking he isn't that bad and opening up to him,

Magneto will always be set in his ways in regards to mutants. Its too ingrained in the character to deviate from this. In some ways I think Magneto is the footsoldier for Mutant kind.

Yes that's why every time he steps into the lighter side he always goes back because he is who he is underneath, will never truly change no matter how many times he pretends to or forms an alience because it suits his goals/agenda's.

I have noticed however that he has somewhat changed from world domination to doing what it takes to protect his own kind.

of course. Like I said Magneto isn't stupid. He know mutants are in a bad position to do so everyone has been mostly in survival mod. Regardless of that though just because focus has shifted doesn't mean alignment changed. All it means is his focus has changed. Hitler would not be less evil if he decided to prioritize German protection. He would still be that same villain who's filled with hate, beliefs and evil capability.

um Hitler was protecting his own people in his eyes..food for thought.

You realize that is a point for me right?

Also, if you're not familiar with Magneto solo book, I suggest you to go and get it. It will show you the exact reason why Magneto is not what you think. Magneto change during the past years and a villain, terrorist, or what ever you want to paint him with, is no different from humanity or Avengers.

I've read every issue and there is nothing in there that strays far from what i've said. It's all about him focusing on him protecting mutants which I never denied was one of his goals it doesn't erase the other aspects of his character. You're deluding yourself if you think he's like the Avengers. THe humans he;s like are the supremacists that want protect their people. You realize it's possible to be one without the other right?

I'm sry, but you must read comic also. Magneto is not a villain and I don't think he ever was since his retconned. Magneto is an Anti-hero... like it or not.

Sorry but you're wrong again. You have a problem with interpreting those comics you claim to read because Magneto IS a villain. You don't have to like it. You're just going to have to deal with that fact no matter how much you try to deny the truth.

Have you read "God Loves Man Kills" ? The hell with that. If I see the purifiers killing mutants like they did in specifically that book, and they way they kills those innocence kids, you better believe they would feel uncomfortable with Humans.

Riiiiiiight because being the enemy of a villain group =/= not also being a villain

Oh and by the way if you want to reply to someones point to make one of your own by flipping it. You should direct it to that person. I'm not CaptainMarvel4ever.

Magneto do what other nation would do to protects their right (is no different).

Magneto isn't a nation even if he was a leader of one for a very small amount of his career

If a nation was supremacist like Magneto then that would make the nation bad. It wouldn't make Magneto less bad. You're really bending over backwards to justify a racist.

You can't just come up and say what Magneto is without checking the evidence and without seeing the other side of the story. Magneto is not a villain for god sake. He is an understandable character that I'm sure everyone agree with.

See that's the problem. I am seeing both sides of the story. I'm just not not ignoring the truth like you're doing. For gods sake wake up and realize that just because he align for an understandable cause doesn't automatically make in a non villain or justify everything. Wake up to the fact that villains are not all one dimensional things that do not care about anything. He want's to protect the mutant race yet is also a villain and a supremacist-racist. It's what separates him form heroic mutants who fight for the cause. That's what is understood about him. Deal with it,

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@starr: mutants are a threat to baseline humans were mutates are accidents. Its not the same.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I wouls say the same thing to you since I'm really getting tired of typing lol.

I would have thought going through something like that would teach you to be more respectful of others rather than be hateful.

I think a lot of people confuse this saying.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Not. Do unto others as they do to you.

Magneto isn't evil, per say. It is arguable that he never really was. He was an extremist activist (and eventually terrorist) that did what he did for mutants. His only desire is that mutant kind is no longer persecuted against and can be left alone to strive.

Magneto ultimately (according to the answers on this thread) just wants peace on the other hand. He's not trying to just take over the world or enslave another culture. Magneto is more like uh, a cornered badger. Leave him alone and he'll leave you alone.

If he has to fight to get it, then so be it. I can fully agree with this if this is the case. And thus Magneto is not a Villain, at least to me and many other people.

Xavier with his pretentious "I'm so good" aura, but willing to do whatever he feels is right at the moment is more a Villain than Magneto.

This is of course based on what I've heard so far.

Magneto was evil until Xavier mindwiped him like he did Scott. Following a defeat, Xavier and Moira McTaggert altered Magnetos personality to be good, and then put him in charge of the Xavier School. When Doug Ramsey died, one of Magnetos students, he had a nervous breakdown which was when he discovered what Xavier and McTaggret had done to him (now, that's messed up).

Things got a little shaky from there, but from that point forward, Magneto was less the villain, as he never fully reverted from what Xavier did to him.

Following M day, Magneto had lost everything, and mutants were doomed to extinction (no thanks to who?). At this point it became less about Mutant domination, and more about survival. Both his and Xavier's dreams were dead and it fell to Cyclops to keep the few remaining mutants alive. This is why Magneto fell in line with Cyclops... the machiavellian man.

On several occasions, Magneto has warned Cyclops that he is sounding like the old him, which is indication that Magneto is fully reformed and has no wish to revert back to his former domination ideology.

I would sign up for Magneto instead of Xavier since Magneto and Emma Frost were better teachers than Xavier when it comes to teaching mutants how to use their powers, but knowing what I know about Genosha I rather not be dead. Now if I didn't know about Genosha I would have joined Emma Frost's school in Genosha, and ended up being killed by Xavier. And yes I do consider what happened to Genosha Xaviers fault and I also think Wolverine also shares some of the responsibility for injuring Magneto when he was defenseless so he could not properly defend his country when he needed to the most (how cruel).

Also have you read God Loves Man kills? If not you have to read it now.

That whole Xorn being Magneto was stupid and forced, I would have liked it better had they just had Astra clone Magneto again. By the way Joseph is still alive running around somewhere if I remember correctly they put him in the X-Brig and at the end of AvX Danger released everyone from the X-Brig so heh...

Anyway everything is justifiable and understandable. The retconned made it that way and was kept that way. And what humans does to mutants? killing them, using them for entertainment, taking MGH from them, treating them like garbage isn't justified, either, and also have no right for treating them like that cause they're people just like them... only differences are that they are gifted and for that simple reason is that human hate them and envy them.

BTW, he's not trying to make World War III anymore... in fact, it never happened.

Magneto has his reason and it's VERY, but VERY understandable. And you cannot denied this no matter what other people think. Magneto was right and he will continued to be because this racist still not ending.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I think the problem interpreting the comics is you who want to come with some logical explanation lol.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope human bigotry is the reason why humans and mutants can't co-exist not to mention if peace was obtained the X-men series would cease to exist.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dernman

@starr: I wouls say the same thing to you since I'm really getting tired of typing lol.

Difference is I'm objective, I can love the character and still see him for what he is.

I would have thought going through something like that would teach you to be more respectful of others rather than be hateful.

That's a fallacy of logic it could just as easily have the opposite effect.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Not. Do unto others as they do to you.

Irrelevant comment

Magneto isn't evil, per say. It is arguable that he never really was. He was an extremist activist (and eventually terrorist) that did what he did for mutants. His only desire is that mutant kind is no longer persecuted against and can be left alone to strive.

He's a mutant supremacist, terrorist, racist, extremist. It doesn't matter if that is one (and yes it's only one of them) of his desires he's still a villain

Magneto ultimately (according to the answers on this thread) just wants peace on the other hand. He's not trying to just take over the world or enslave another culture. Magneto is more like uh, a cornered badger.

No Magneto also believes mutants are above humans, and ideally would like them to overtake the world.

Leave him alone and he'll leave you alone.

Now you're just straight up lying and invalidating everything you've said making it worthless. THere is no need to read further for you losing all credibility.

I think the problem interpreting the comics is you who want to come with some logical explanation lol.

Right because logic and reasoning is a problem with interpreting something. Your trolling of me is too obvious now.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

Nope human bigotry is the reason why humans and mutants can't co-exist not to mention if peace was obtained the X-men series would cease to exist.

I don't think it's fair just to blame humans. Especially when they have good reasons to fear mutants. They're walking WMDs. Not to mention IIRC their first exposure to the general populous was mutants like Magneto attacking and incidents with others keep piling on.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Starr

@dernman said:

@starr: I wouls say the same thing to you since I'm really getting tired of typing lol.

Difference is I'm objective, I can love the character and still see him for what he is.

That's a fallacy of logic it could just as easily have the opposite effect.

Irrelevant comment

He's a mutant supremacist, terrorist, racist, extremist. It doesn't matter if that is one (and yes it's only one of them) of his desires he's still a villain

Magneto ultimately (according to the answers on this thread) just wants peace on the other hand. He's not trying to just take over the world or enslave another culture. Magneto is more like uh, a cornered badger.

No Magneto also believes mutants are above humans, and ideally would like them to overtake the world.

Leave him alone and he'll leave you alone.

Now you're just straight up lying and invalidating everything you've said making it worthless. THere is no need to read further for you losing all credibility.

I think the problem interpreting the comics is you who want to come with some logical explanation lol.

Right because logic and reasoning is a problem with interpreting something. Your trolling of me is too obvious now.

Me trolling you? Better say you trolling yourself.

As I can see you didn't answer everything that I last posted. Obviously you only want to answer what is convenience to you.

Everything EVERYTHING I posted is true.

I consider him a Anti-hero. Why? Because he's experienced persecution first hand and saw the same thing happening to mutants. The way he do business may be a little extreme but you cannot help but to see where he's coming from.

Magneto and Professor X are Best Friends even if they disagree on issues political issues and methods, sry to say Magneto is kind of right about a lot of things. I mean every thing evil Magneto does is normally for a good reason, but he is not some sadistic dirt bag, like Omega Red, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, or the Hellfire club. He's not really being extreme considering what he has been through so in the end, he's is a good guy with awesome mutant powers.

Magneto survived the Nazi's. He knows what it was like to be herded into camps and watch people be put to death (this is what humans do to their own kind). He doesn't want to see it happen to mutants, and he will do anything within his power to make sure it doesn't. The humans fear what they don't understand, and what they fear they usually try to destroy. Magneto, from his experience, fears that humans will try to wipe out mutants.

Obviously he is what he is and because they kept persecuting him, even when he was peaceful. They burned his house and killed his daughter! That would be enough to drive most men into violent rages.

And speaking that you are reading Magneto solo book and see nothing going on? Here is a hint.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nothing is happening? Really? Like I say, you're in denial. And this is only one of the situations cause there's more.

And this is what you said

"I don't think it's fair just to blame humans. Especially when they have good reasons to fear mutants. They're walking WMDs. Not to mention IIRC their first exposure to the general populous was mutants like Magneto attacking and incidents with others keep piling on."

Really? And the reason that keep piling on? Humans are using their own kind (especially kids (youth), turning them into cybernetics, and programmed them as mutants killers. As you can see this poor kid didn't mean any of this. Now, this is the ordinary people (who you so kindly and concerned about) doing to other ordinary people (humans). So, you going to tell me that is O.K. for them to do that? In this case we still haven't seeing mutants attacking or killing humans, but better look at it at the other way around.

The reason for humans doing this unthinkable, unforgettable, and unforgivable to humans is this

No Caption Provided

"Once the facility is complete...we'll be protected." Which mean once the mutantkind is completely eliminated (like wiping them out of the face of the Earth) they will be protected. So is O.K for them to take YOUR own child and turned them into a cybernetic just so YOU can be save? I'm sure you wouldn't agree and the problem here is Magneto wouldn't either.

So this is what you call humans? Saint? Justifiable? Pretty much from here you can see who are the villains THAT Magneto is trying to stop. If humans are doing this to protect themselves (just like Magneto is doing to protect his kind) what make you think the ordinary humans are not consider villains. Is like turning a white paper the other way around and you see no differences, but it would be understandable of why you see no differences.

I am seeing both sides of the story. I'm just not not ignoring the truth like you're doing. For gods sake wake up and realize.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr: Didn't read, I don't take trolling posts seriously anymore. You'll have to find someone else to entertain your lies and ignoring of the truth.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@starr: Didn't read, I don't take trolling posts seriously anymore. You'll have to find someone else to entertain your lies and ignoring of the truth.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr said:

@dernman said:

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@starr:

IIRC wasn't he teaching the school at the time.? So ya of course he's going to be placed there. You know who else use to fight along side the X-Men. Sabertooth. Who's going to say he's a good guy

Magneto wasn't teaching at the school at that time. He was placed with the heroes because Chris Claremont, the writer at the time had full on intended to redeem the character and eventually have him supplant Xavier as mentor to the the X-Men.

However, Secret Wars was written by editor of the time Jim Shooter, and he had Magneto set up his own base, kidnap Wasp and try to manipulate her into joining his cause, then when she escaped he almost killed her and didn't care, then when allied with the X-Men he proposed that they just kill everyone to claim Beyonders prize. That Magneto,....what a hero -__-. The X-Men reluctantly went along with it for no other reason than Jim Shooter was probably not the best writer for such a complex relationship at the time.

Also, not to butt into this argument, but using the "but Magneto ran Genosha as a safe haven for mutants" is not a very gleaming example when trying to prove his heroism. He blackmailed his way to being the ruler by basically holding the world hostage, which subsequently caused his clone Joseph to sacrifice his life to save the earth. There was constant civil war during Magnetos time as ruler that had tons of casualties among both innocent humans and mutants, and lastly, he kidnapped Xavier, crucified him and dubbed him a traitor for not following his beliefs, and then he tried to wage an all out war with all of humanity...To anyone with rational thought, these would be the actions of a villain I would think.

Magneto is not a typical mustache twirling villain in any regard, and under Claremonts pen he can be seen as a hero, and with his background he is quite sympathetic. However, most writers due indeed have him as a villain. He perpetuates the same kind of violence and hatred that made him into what he is. That's the irony of his character. Despite only a percentage of humanity, mainly sects of government and some other mutant haters, trying to actively harm him and his race, Magneto considers all of humanity his enemy. He is, for lack of a better term, an a$$hole.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Thank you for clearing some things up for me. It's been awhile since I have read some of those stories.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: No problem. I don't blame anyone for forgetting Secret Wars, it's one of those stories that people often think is better than it actually is...which is fairly common with big Marvel events I have noticed.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Starr

@cattlebattle: The best books to read into Magneto's past is the limited series Magneto: Testament, and though this takes place in an alternate reality, House of M: Civil War, which explains Magneto's idealistic views on Mutant supremacy.

A lot of people here are wrong though. Magneto was held in a World War II concentration camp, his child was killed, and his wife ran away, but later, he met Xavier. The two were friends, but their point of views on mutant kind were different, thus, causing them to clash. Magneto is not necessarily bad, but has different beliefs. Many writers though seem to mess that up by writing him as a tyrannical monster, your so-called super-villain, if you would call him that.

In Marvel Zombies, Magneto actually saves Earth by sacrificing himself.

He is more of a neutral thing cause he is just very powerful but never does anything really violent or bad when he sets his mind to a higher understanding to him like in the 3rd movie he just wanted to stop the humans from destroying mutant kind.

He survived the Holocaust, this showed Magneto the evils of mankind, he later saw that same prejudice toward mutants and decided that he would never allow mutants to suffer persecution in the way the Jews did. I think he is misunderstood... in between

yeah he's the "bad" guy but all hes trying to do is help the mutants survive in a world where they hate and want to put mutants in concentration camps.

Genosha was the only solution to keep things in balance between humans and mutants. Of course, after this, they were peaceful until the sentinels invaded and killed every mutant. I'm sure this is in panel.

Magneto almost killed Wasp? Oh wait let me check.................Oh and not to mention. How many heroes had killed before? For instance, Cyclops vs Xavier, Wolverine vs MANY, Storm almost killed Magneto while in his sleep, X-Force vs ? I guess is no different for me to say Those X-Men..........what a heroes -__-. Actually in speaking which... no one is perfect including humanities according to what I posted. Everyone has their reason and so is Magneto.

Here it is... I don't see killing, but entertaining themselves.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided