If Lucifer Morningstar got a Green Lantern ring...

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like the title says, If he had a Green Lantern ring, wouldn't he like be The Presence, the ring let's him create anything which he can then manipulate with his innate power to bring it up to universal scale.

Is this theory correct?

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not likely.

kar024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer is very powerfull. He lived before green laterns, and i dont think that he need ring. He and his brother Michael demiurgos, are coolest guys of DC.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

The ring would turn to dust

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But seriously now, his power allows him only to manipulate, not create, that's Micheal's power, with a Lantern ring, he could do both.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't need it

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Nope, the ring has limits. John Stewart's imagination and willpower was able to overload the ring; Lucifer would be way too much.

For the record, this is John temporarily remaking a planet.

No Caption Provided

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But couldn't Lucifer manipulate the ring to switch the limits off?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Lucifer needs no ring

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jedixman: I...always find that showing weird. I mean John remaking a planet over-powers the rings maxium will power limit, but Kyle has done something similar--if not superior to that feat and the ring never over loaded. Neither did it over-load when Hal killed an immortal amped on every entity in the emotional spectrum via sheer will-power.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I...always find that showing weird. I mean John remaking a planet over-powers the rings maxium will power limit, but Kyle has done something similar--if not superior to that feat and the ring never over loaded. Neither did it over-load when Hal killed an immortal amped on every entity in the emotional spectrum via sheer will-power.

Isn't Kyle's ring a better ring or something? I apologize if this is just me making stuff up, I haven't read as much with Kyle in it as I'd like to have.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Isn't Kyle's ring a better ring or something? I apologize if this is just me making stuff up, I haven't read as much with Kyle in it as I'd like to have.

Hmmm that could explain Kyle's showings because Kyle's ring is superior to a normal Lanterns, but Hal's showing still stands.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jedixman: What is Lucifer took possession of the Ion entity?

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Giving Lucifer a Green Lantern ring is like giving Spectre Batman's utility belt.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@greatcaesarsghost said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Hmmm that could explain Kyle's showings because Kyle's ring is superior to a normal Lanterns, but Hal's showing still stands.

Indeed. Kyle's ring was so special that it was actually slowly tapping into ZHP's leftovers and eventually turned him into ION.

As for Hal, well Hal with his will power unlocked Spectre's true power which is;

No Caption Provided

Hal motherf%@cking Jordan. Using a mere power ring to one shot a multiversal threat (Yes JLA/Avengers is a cannon for DC) who had gained control of all the emotional spectrum entities and unlock the true power of a usual cosmic jobber and make him nearly as powerful as the Presence.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And yet DC still tells us that Batman has the greatest will power -_-

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By primebonnick

ring can't hold unlimited/infinite will power.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

For the record..John created a whole star system. Not just a planet..if that makes the showing anymore realistic in the context of what Green Lanterns are capable of.

As for the thread..a GL ring wouldn't give Lucifer access to anything he couldn't already do on his own.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on which version of Lucifer you are talking about. For example there are 2 instances in the Mike Carey's series where the GL ring will be extremely useful to him like -
When he was killed off & resurrected powerless.
When Yahveh left the creation & his powers were slowly draining away to the point he was hurt by a spear.
There's one another instance where ring might have proven useful when in the beginning of the series , he was with half of his power without any his wings though i am not sure how much powers he lost since its been a long time since i read the series.
And when comes to DC's Sandman Lucifer he won't have any use for GL ring since he said himself that he never lost any powers after the Dream cut off his wings.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The ring would be useless, Morningstar is too powerful for it.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

But wasn't Lucifer's power to be able to manipulate matter on any scale but never create it, with the ring he could have a limitless supply of matter to manipulate to his every whim, he could change the ring to switch off its limits.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving Lucifer a Green Lantern ring is like giving Spectre Batman's utility belt.