If I were to reboot the Flash...

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I were to reboot the Flash, there are a few things I would change. First of all, it would be an alternate universe reboot, similar to the Ultimates line of Marvel, so that I'm not messing with established canon. I'd start with Barry Allen, instead of Jay Garrick.

• I think the first thing I would change would be Flash's powers.

Flash can still be the fastest man alive, but that's all I want for my comic. For him, if he punches somebody at high speeds, instead of gaining "infinite mass", he'll break his hand. Same goes for everything else. He wouldn't have infinite durability while running. He hits a wall, for example, he's done for. Also, he would still be affected by air resistance and friction, meaning that in the first few issues he would tear up his clothes and shoes by running too fast. This is what would inspire him to wear a special costume. Flash's top speed would be reduced, not because he can't run that fast, but because doing so will cause him to have a "wake" that would suck everything after him, similar to a fast train. His reaction time would be reduced too, meaning he has to slow down in urban areas to avoid pancaking himself against a wall. The combination of these "debuffs" would IMO make for a more suspenseful comic and force Flash to think harder about how to beat his enemies.

• The Rogues

Flash has an excellent Rogues gallery, but there are a few things that I would change about them as well. Mirror Master, for example, wouldn't be able to turn people into glass, because there's no explanation for that. Because in this universe Flash would be far less durable and far slower, his Rogues would be nerfed as well. Captain Cold's gun could still lower temperatures to *near* absolute zero, but the cold field would be done away with, because it would be easier to hurt Flash.

• Romance

Nope. I'm not as good at writing relationships. Someone else would handle this part :P

• Justice League

Flash would still be part of the Justice League, and their powers would be a little toned down as well. More about them in a later post.

• Wally West

He'd definitely be in it as well, but he wouldn't become the Flash until long into the run. He probably wouldn't even have powers until much later.

What do you guys think?