#1 Posted by Parker_Brothers (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't seem to see who voted where...I feel dumb.

#2 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

you vote yourself

#3 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

It's dumb that you have to vote yourself, mostly you just want to see others opinions than your own. The one who created shouldn't be able to vote unless he/she chooses to.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people add an option for "I just want to see the results", so that they can see it without affecting it.

#5 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: It doesn't seem to happen a lot, but I've definitely seen it done.

#7 Edited by Dabee (2394 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Why is it dumb? I mean, it's just clicking a box and then enter, really nothing more. If people could see all the voting results prior to voting, they might want to vote more with everyone else. (Or maybe for whoever was lacking in votes, because they felt bad for them?) I don't know, but not seeing votes definitely makes the results more accurate.

#8 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: First of all, I think it's dumb because that is my opinion. Second, by voting just because you feel bad for someone makes the vote false, in that case it's not your vote it's a pity vote.

#9 Edited by Dabee (2394 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: First of all, I think it's dumb because that is my opinion. Second, by voting just because you feel bad for someone makes the vote false, in that case it's not your vote it's a pity vote.

Pity votes wouldn't exist if you couldn't see who was lacking in votes until you have already voted. I just really don't see why it's such a hassle to click a box. Noone is making you answer an essay question. You seem to have taken what I said as accusatory, it's not, I assure you. I was really just wondering.

#10 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: Sorry. The problem with messages is that you can misunderstand the tone of what the person means. When I read it it sounded negative. But I understand. For example, one time I wanted to know if people liked New Avengers or Justice League better, so I could get help to decide which one I should buy. But to see which one won I had to vote and it just messed up the system when I had to exclude my vote and so on.

#11 Posted by Dabee (2394 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: Sorry. The problem with messages is that you can misunderstand the tone of what the person means. When I read it it sounded negative. But I understand. For example, one time I wanted to know if people liked New Avengers or Justice League better, so I could get help to decide which one I should buy. But to see which one won I had to vote and it just messed up the system when I had to exclude my vote and so on.

I see what you're saying, I thought you were just saying you didn't like clicking the box. Like it was too much work or something, haha. Yeah, that really is the main problem with text.