Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: If dc's JL movie comes good do you think more people will buy dc comics? (43 votes)

YES 74%
No 26%

I am Just wondering since Avengers made a lot of people start reading marvel so if you guys think so voice out your opinion Above/Below(Get it cause you know poll above comment below funny right...)

#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

No. New52 turned off a lot of DC fans. The only real audience to join would be the old audience(at least in this user's opinion) and they're just to POed to even think about it. Lets face it, comics are dying out anyway. Marvel's was boosted because mostly old members of the audience went back to reading(occasionally a few new people joined though).

DC's may spike a little but not by a significant margin and only in JL and Batman titles. The rest will continue down their current paths.

#2 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995: I thought New 52 was a good way to introduce new people into the universe. But yeah, it probably turned off old DC fans. But I really don't see this movie happening. Marvel with the Avengers had every single movie for the past 5 years connect with the Avengers, and that's why it was such a huge hit. DC has what to show for it? Man of Steel? Maybe. Green Lantern? Hell no. Dark Knight? Probably. I just don't see it happening.

#3 Edited by sagejonathan (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

There's bound to be a bit of an increase at the very least.

#5 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

You bet they will. I mean look at the Marvel situation.

#6 Posted by Sean2206 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Some increase but I doubt anything huge. And even then it's not like the books that will get the boost really need it, it'll be JL, bat, super etc books all of which already sell well.

That's if this movie happens because there seems to be no cohesive idea from DC on what they want to do with their films.

#7 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

No. New52 turned off a lot of DC fans. The only real audience to join would be the old audience(at least in this user's opinion) and they're just to POed to even think about it. Lets face it, comics are dying out anyway. Marvel's was boosted because mostly old members of the audience went back to reading(occasionally a few new people joined though).

DC's may spike a little but not by a significant margin and only in JL and Batman titles. The rest will continue down their current paths.

New 52 pretty much screwed up all of DC's history.

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20346 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it will boost a little. But I hate when people say DC is so far behind and that marvel will always be better. I mean in order of good movies:

Man of Steel

Avengers

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Ironman 3

The Dark Knight Rises

Ironman

Captain America

Thor

Incredible Hulk

Green Lantern

Ironman 2

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20346 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 sells, and it got me into monthly comics. I don't see why all the hate.

#10 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 sells, and it got me into monthly comics. I don't see why all the hate.

Same here, I wasnt about to start off on a comic that was at like issue 100.

#11 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tacos_Kickass exactly, I'd not know where to start and I have this weird I have to know everything thing.

#12 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. Marvels numbers haven't exactly ballooned.

#13 Edited by Hanson724 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Same here. I jumped on with new 52 and still pull around 10 of their books monthly. I do think sales will go up for Justice League characters but it probably won't be many new readers as much as current readers expanding their pull lists.

#14 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a big IF...

#15 Posted by SmashBrawler (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably, but not by much.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hanson724 really I jumped in on the issue 8-9, but I bought them on eBay, then started collecting them each month. I collected static shock 1-8, action comics 1-21, justice league 1-17, superman 1-18. But I dropped those now. What I read is Nighwing, Earth 2, and Smallville. For marvel now I picked up all new x men and captain america. But I dropped all new x men. So I'm now reading 5 titles cause I'm gonna pick up Kick Ass 3.

#17 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how good the movie is

#18 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

More people will buy comics if the digital comics are cheap enough to be purchased by children. Kids could buy comics from the golden age up to the bronze age. For print, dc can sell cheap Archie comics format for kids.

#19 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Me too! I pick up about 11 DC titles a month since the New52 and am really enjoying them.

#20 Posted by JediXMan (29680 posts) - - Show Bio

If Man of Steel succeeds, then maybe. If not, I don't see DC doing well in the near future.

#21 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995: If I had to guess, I'd say people rarely accuse you of optimism

#22 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the upcoming Superman movie will make money and will probably do as well as the Hulk movies and the Thor movies. This won't lead to more comic sales but the movies should lead to new superman cartoon, superman live action tv show, superman games, more superman rides, etc.

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure.

#24 Edited by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, yes. But after the hype dies down, it'll probably resume to more or less the same figures