If Christian Bale came back as Batman, what would you do?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

There are stories popping up around the net that WB has offered Bale $50 million to return to the cape and cowl. Apparently they're prepared to make him the RDJ of their universe.

If these rumors were actually true (please god, please) and Bale accepted, I would...

1) Squeal like a little girl

2) Hop up and down for joy until collapsing from exhaustion

3) Hug random strangers

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass that Batman's comic continuity is utterly quashed in the movie universe. Bringing Bale back as Batman in MoS 2 and future Justice League installments would be a huge shot in the arm for legitimizing the rest of WB's superheroes. Plus, it's unlikely Bale would agree to do further solo movies without Nolan. So that would actually prevent WB from falling back to the "solo Batman formula" when something like Aquaman inevitably underperforms. All of a sudden, films like Flash, Wonder Woman, and Nightwing (I'm looking at you, Joseph Gordon Levgitt) become an actual reality.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Bale was a great Batman and I'd welcome him back with open arms...just dial back the voice a little bit.

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cr4pSnip3r

I would be mostly happy because it would mean I don't have to worry about the new one sucking.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd be cool with it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I wouldn't really react at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm indifferent

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wouldn't like it....sure the Nolan movies were good but they're done...let it go...move on....let's see someone else as Batman and have a different take on the character

Avatar image for deactivated-579cd0e5dfb0d
deactivated-579cd0e5dfb0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're looking for and older guy to play Batman, yes bring me Bale, I loved him! But it also kind of messes with my mind because would that mean that they're joining Dark Knight Trilogy universe with Man of Steel's? That I don't approve as easily :/

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

be disappointed.....as good as he was batman needs to keep shifting Doctor Who style or else people will identify one person as being THE batman and no one will be able to change their stubborn minds (alright that is what I am already worried about the new bats is in for a sh*tstorm of comparisons and appraisals about whether he is a "good" or proper batman as well as being inevitably being compared to bale).

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I'd be very happy

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

I would love to see Bale as Batman again because he was simply great but the mantle should be passed at someone else.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hate Bale plain and simple. I would kill someone if they brought him back .

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like it if he came back, but I think what fans are looking at is the equivalent of the Edward Norton Hulk situation with Marvel. Here we have an actor who actually portrayed an A-list character better than anyone else in the past decade. We know there's the possibility of someone doing a better job, but why risk it when you already have someone who's established well within the community? Once the new actor is announced (should he be different than Bale), there will be mixed reactions. What I'm personally hoping for is that a new actor will actually take DC fans by surprise and cement himself as the new best live-action Batman.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Honestly, I think Nolan's world should end with Rises and they've even stated that's it's its own universe. So, I'd sigh and then hope for the best.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I would wish they'd leave Nolan-verse alone but I'd probably be okay with.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Christian Bale, it'd be sort of embarrassing for Zack Snyder and Warner Bros altogether for bringing him back - it'd make them look like they're desperate for the money (regardless of Bale's performance).

Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kangaxx_54

I liked Bale in the Nolan trilogy, but I really, really don't think it'd do any good if starred in the new movies as well. One, the new movies will focus more on comic Batman, and I think Bale needs something to get there, physical. Not that I bodybuilder, but something halfway between Bale and Millar's TDKR Batman (who was way too huge). It'd also be extremely difficult for WB to sell the idea that this is a different Batman to the common people. They'd think that this was a continuation of Nolan's movies.

I like Nolan's movies, but they're *not* the 'real' Batman. I want to see comics Batman on the big screen!

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether these rumours are true or fake, I think whoever started it is trying to pull a Robert Downey Jr (everyone thinks he's not coming back, etc) :P

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

We would be done, professionally.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would say "That is Christian Bale as Batman."

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I'd be irritated, how could the Batman of the Nolanverse face or help Man of Steel? Aside from acting as the equivalent of Oracle.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would sit here stumped for 2.33434323423657453475683327453 seconds. Then get over it.

Avatar image for negativecreep94
Negativecreep94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a bit annoying. The Nolan-verse should be left alone, and i can't see Christopher Nolan's Bruce Wayne in Man of Steel.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather this than a totally new reboot of Batman. One of the big problems with a new Batman is how are we going to establish him while exploring the Man of Steel world and etc. but if you include the Dark Knight trilogy then most of those worries go away and they can develop the Man of Steel world and have an already well established Batman. Plus I would really like to see Christian Bale and Henry Cavill due an epic pose ripped straight from the comics.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't see why so many people want Bale back as Batman, yeah he did a good job, but I want a better Batman. I don't want to hear his Batman voice, I don't want to hear him ever yell "Where is she?!" or "Where is it?! Poor detective skills! So I'm glad that they are not making Bale Batman again.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously the guys that want nolans batman are Batman haters. Because they know if they put a more comic like Batman, He could a lot of things leaving less screen time to superman.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Knightfall225

I want a new batman!! Did anyone notice how weird christian Bales lips looked when he used his stupid Batman voice.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd be cool with it.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will not be surprised.

And for sure, this time I won't bring my kids to the theater (Part of my frustration with MoS came probably from that mistake)

(I didn't do hit for the Batman with Bale, it was more dinner and movie with my wife)

Avatar image for negativecreep94
Negativecreep94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: he also didn't fight like Batman at all, he fought like a boxer.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I will get some earmuffs to avoid that Batman voice he has.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@negativecreep94: all he did was punch and maybe a kick every now and then. Whats a comic book movie without any good action

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd feel disappointed. Don't get me wrong, The Dark Knight trilogy was the best Batman movie series I've ever seen, however DKR gave Batman closure, he was able to pass on his cape and cowl and have a good life with Catwoman. If the Superman/Batman movie takes place between Dark Knight and DKR (which will completely screw with the general publics minds), then I'll be fine with that, we'll get to know what happened between the eight year gap. But I really think there should be a different Bruce Wayne under the cowl.

That's just my thoughts.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd question the men in charge 0.o I love Bale but for this new era of DC movies we need a younger Batman, a new iteration.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd...not really care.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Bale plain and simple. I would kill someone if they brought him back .

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@reignmaker: why ? bales batman sucked? i wnt a batman more like the comics

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care either way. DC movies are just meh to me nowadays.

TheYousef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't care.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bales Batman was garbage. No essence. The voice was gay because he had that lame ass lisp and his voice wasn't deep enough. Rumor is that there are 4 candidates that have expressed interest in the role. Josh Brolin (ew), Ryan Gosling (with pitch black hair?), Joe Manganiello, who was actually on Snyders radar for the Superman job, and finally Richard Armitage. While these are obviously just rumors, Manganiello seems to be the best fit. He's tall enough, built enough, has a deep enough voice, dark enough hair and could pull off the rich look. Plus having a social life with Snyder wouldn't hurt. Whatya you guys think?

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evidently fans were polled at comic con and the actor with the most votes was Michael Fassbender, who has EVERYTHING fit for the role. Including a contract with Marvel, but with the new X-men movie coming out sooner rather than later I'd imagine his role as the young Magneto is probably over; with possibly one more movie. It'll probably be up to Marvel, IF Fassbender did decide to be the most famous Superhero of all time. He'd be a GREAT Bats imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fassbender as Batman.

No Caption Provided