If Batman and Punisher were in a Civil War type. Who would you join?

• 165 results
PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If Batman and Punisher were in a Civil War type. Who would you join? (180 votes)

The Batman 68%
The Punisher 31%

Simple as that, lets pretend we live in a universe where there are no super powered heroes. And you are actually a vigilante.

And this conflict is basically Kill vs No Kill that has been growing through the years, etc etc . Punisher has guys that kill and Batman the opposite.

Punisher guys are klling Batman guys, Batman guys are helding Punisher guys in the Batcave.

I know theres already an extensive debate like this but, this one is with you actually taking part of the conflict.

Would you change team during the conflict?

Who would you join? Would you actually kill as a vigilante? Would you let the villains alive?

Imagine this conflict is in your city.

No Caption Provided

• 
Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who'ld be with Frank besides the viners? Jason Todd?

Rorschach and lots of imitators

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Interesting!

I would say Batman.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I wouldn't consider death stroke street leveller but even then, I'd have to take a little more than him an frank to solo batfamily.

Avatar image for frank_castle757
Frank_Castle757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Frank_Castle757

@star_knight said:

Nick Fury, Wolverine, Deadpool, Judge Dredd, Rorschach, Red Hulk, Deathstroke, Deathlok, Ghost Rider, etc.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@star_knight said:

Nick Fury, Wolverine, Deadpool, Judge Dredd, Rorschach, Red Hulk, Deathstroke, Deathlok, Ghost Rider, etc.

Non powered guys, so no Deadpool, Red Hulk Ghost Rider and ,maybe even Deathstroke

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman and Punisher were in a Civil War type. Who would you join?

I would Join Punisher just cause the storys would be Marvelous & Exciting plus i dont wanna be part of a Queer Robin Team . Punisher deals with Actual weaponry , Batman is just a fake dick tracy & dresses in a cape like a snow princess lol .

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By PayneInTheAss

Thanks for comenting,I didn´t expect three pages of coments c:

But just in case anyone hasn´s seen it yet. Bump.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole argument is pointless. If we're gonna try and use real world logic, Joker would've gotten the death penalty long ago, regardless of how insane he was. The other villains would still be in Arkham, and Bruce would've used his enormous resources to clean up the city. But of course none of this can happen because "Status Quo." Everything falls apart when we start to use logic.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bee14ish said:

This whole argument is pointless. If we're gonna try and use real world logic, Joker would've gotten the death penalty long ago, regardless of how insane he was. The other villains would still be in Arkham, and Bruce would've used his enormous resources to clean up the city. But of course none of this can happen because "Status Quo." Everything falls apart when we start to use logic.

but the question is, if you were a vigilante who would you join?

or if you would actually kill the baddies etc?

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would kill the villains but would be totally unwilling to kill the non-violent vigilantes, because I'm trying to kill the bad guys right?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman because he pays better.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bee14ish said:

but the question is, if you were a vigilante who would you join?

or if you would actually kill the baddies etc?

I read the OP. I'm sure you also read how people's choices led to a discussion on how effective these two are. I'm saying that discussion is pointless, because nothing ever changes in comic books. It's one of the main reasons I've stopped reading Marvel and DC.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher. Some people deserve to die.

Joker shoulda been shot dead the second time Batman ever met him.

Star_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I'll just wait for Superman/Thor come to end the war

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I'll just wait for Superman/Thor come to end the war

"Simple as that, lets pretend we live in a universe where there are no super powered heroes. And you are actually a vigilante."

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman

VinceVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By VinceVonDoom

I had to join to reply to this. Before I start I'd like to say Punisher is one of my favorite characters because I grew up around his comics and have only really read Marvel so I am not going to act like I know Batman or what he is all about. please take it easy on me haha. also, sorry in advance about grammar.

from what I think I see, Batman is a hero and is doing what he does because he truly wants to make his city a better place and be a moral symbol doing it, which means rising above the actions of the ones he takes down. (please correct me if I am wrong). nothing wrong with that at all. great character.

The Punisher is is NOT a hero. he doesn't kill the scum of NY because he wants to help his city. he does it out of vengeance and needs an enemy to fight against. he obviously wouldn't hurt an innocent, but his objective isn't to protect, it's to punish. he knows that he isn't going to save NY, he just wants to take down as much scum as he can before he dies. his moral compass is much different than Batman's. So people get into a debate about which method is most effective. which justice is best. which character is better.

it's hard to pick a side, but I'd look at it like this- who would I want to protect my city? short answer is the Punisher. I'd feel safer in a city where I don't have to worry about the serious criminals breaking out every time they get caught. but I also remember in an issue where a huge crime boss died and the city went to hell because there was a hole in the top and all the baddies wanted to be the boss and things got bloody for everyone. so it's not always the best idea to kill. I wouldn't be fighting either one of them. although, It would be cool to run with Batman though. all that tech and information. dang! I'd choose Batman because as a person, I couldn't imagine killing another human being.

really though, this wouldn't be a good a good war between them. Batman would see Punisher's acts and try to convince him to change and maybe even join him. when that didn't work, Batman would have to bring him in. Punisher would fight back, but wouldn't use lethal force at all since Batman is a good guy. after a great battle he'd eventually get caught and sit in Arkham where he'd clean up the serious offenders Batman brought in. also, Batman has a group of allies. Punisher is a solo act. he would refuse help from bad guys (remember in Civil War he wasted some bad guys that wanted to help out Captain America)

one last thing, I used to like to argue that Punisher was a better character than Batman, but then I grew up and realized it wasn't about better or worse, it was comparing apples and oranges. it's silly to argue that Batman is stupid because he doesn't just kill Joker. that's not who he is. that's the point. it's his character. are all other heroes that don't like to kill stupid too? Punisher rarely has a bad guy he doesn't end up killing. honestly, I can see how people would get tired of that. there's never really a good dynamic or relationship between him and an enemy. like one time this lady sent 7 assassins after Frank and he just wasted em like it was nothing. I was a kid when I read that and was like "well that was kind of lame" anyways, we all enjoy different things. that is all.

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats. Better leader. Punisher is a solo type of guy. He gets blown half to hell in most of his fights. Just saying. You can't really compare the two though.

Capital-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Capital-G

Batman, since he would win the war.

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By TheSilentRipper

@capital-g said:

Batman, since he would win the war.

but....besides that

if you were a vigilante, would you kill your enemies?

that´s the other question that I see

Capital-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump cuz civil wars

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Punisher

"You hit them and they get back up, I hit them and they stay down."

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go with the winning team so Batman.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Punisher, because tombstones keep better track of bad guys than jail cells.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Punisher.

Yeah, by killing, I am operating outside the law, but I couldn't stand to have scum such as Joker roam the streets.

I'd easily take the law into my own hands and put a bullet in his head.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gonna say Punisher cause it is the safest side. If Batman beats me I just get jail time or turn over evidence to him and just get a slap on the wrist. However if Punisher beats me I will probably get a bullet between the eyes or tortured and killed for information. Plus while I wouldn't kill every villain in my way some villains namely the Joker really need a bullet to the face.

Also if the war is in my city then I have to say it would be a boring war where all criminals could be caught within a week or less depending on how many they chose to hit a day. Technically it would be doable to get them all in a single night. My town is so small that a vigilante would be useless as the crime isn't high enough to warrant one.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd probably lobby for circumstantial death penalty to be enforced for Super villains.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Like the chrachter...But ive never been a fan of the Punishers stance on crime i.e killing every criminal he gets his hands own..That whole right-wing ultra conservative revenge Fantasy Vigilante stuff that started in the 70s with Deathwish..Which essentially spawned many comic heroes of similar roots like The Punisher, Roarshaq etc...Never really jelled well with me personally,...Just becuase you were a victim dosent mean you have turn every wrong doer you see into a bodybag..Wheres the moral restraint?..
  • But Batmans method of non fatally terrorizing the crap out of criminals seems more speed...Batmans knows how fragile and precious life is becuase of what he witnessed in that alley...So he will never been the one to deal out the final judgement...And i totally relate which is why that we always be my stance for the most part..And unless i,m fighting for my life or trying to save someone else,s, i honestly dont see the point in murdering criminals.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman is a deluded man-child. Punisher is a sociopath who gets off on killing.

I'd stay the hell away from both of them.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is an idiot for not killing Joker, it is completely pointless to keep locking him up only for him to escape and kill more people, in general the no killing rule does more harm than good I think

But I'd probably still pick Batman's side because that's the side more likely to win

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's tough. I guess I'd side with Batman because Punisher is just too insane to follow.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher.

Yeah, by killing, I am operating outside the law, but I couldn't stand to have scum such as Joker roam the streets.

I'd easily take the law into my own hands and put a bullet in his head.

Pretty much this

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman casually stomps.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman casually stomps.

That´s not the question tho

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Batman would knock Punisher tf out before it even got to the point of a "civil war". Punisher can't beat the Dark Knight.

But to answer the question, I'd side with Batman. Punisher does too much, he kills unnecessarily, he's the perfect example of the sick twisted blood thirsty vigilante Batman doesn't wanna become by killing. So I'd rather side with Batman because 1) Batman would win and 2) I like his no-kill rule, it really keeps him sane and makes him better than the criminals he beats up. If I want someone like Joker dead, I'll let the GCPD handle that, I brought him to justice for a reason.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@seagod: I love how people say all Batman does is put people in jail(if that's all he did, he may as well apply for a spot at the GCPD), and would rather face Batman because of that, like he wouldn't leave you hospitalized for the rest of your life, drinking through a straw, paralyzed with some nurse washing you and feeding you, cause you also got traumatic brain injuries.

Just because Batman won't take your life doesnt mean he won't utterly destroy it. So good luck "going to jail and turning over evidence" with a broken back bone.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: wow responding to a year old post.

Anyway by turn over evidence I don't mean give it to the cops I mean give it to Batman directly. As in he lets me go and I give him information on Punisher or even join his side. Batman is much more reasonable compared to Punisher who would just put a bullet in my head first chance. Also would rather be alive in any shape or form than dead.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's plain and simple.I pick batman because there's 99% chance that his team is going to win just with resources alone.After that once we have captured punisher as well as all his followers in the batcave and no bat vigilante is there,I would sadistically murder every single one on punisher's team and give them the torture they are willing to give to every person they think is a criminal just because they hate them and then I run away from batcave with all the resources batman has gathered as a big eff you.After that one by one,I take down every bat follower along with batman and break their bones and throw them in arkham asylum along with the locked up the criminals for lifetime(even though viners might think that batman is not doing justice by throwing crazies in asylum,mental asylum is a really horrible place and I would preferably die than to spend rest of my life in a mental asylum).

And now that the city is free of vigilantes like real world I move on to mcu cap and join his civil war team to learn universe bursting bike throw.

So at the end I win,everyone else in this thread loses because they cared about picking sides.

deathstroke512 - 1

All other viners - 0

Batman - 0

Punisher - 0

Hahaha

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Punisher.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

I'd pick Punisher. He would win, 100% of the time. Sure, Bruce is faster and more powerful. He'd quickly take out Punisher, send him to jail. Punisher would kill all the guys in jail, and once he got to prison he'd do the same, and then escape and go back to slaughtering. Just like he told Daredevil, he'd tell Batman how he'll keep coming no matter what, until Bruce killed him. At some point he'd capture Catwoman or someone who he loves and threaten to kil them. Bruce can't stop him unless he is dead. Frank keeps going and pushes through, hospitalizing won't stop him either. Once Bruce does kill him, he'd become the Punisher like he always feared, and Frank would have won.

Edit: this would work especially if all of his team did likewise.