If Batman and Punisher were in a Civil War type. Who would you join?

• 165 results
PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If Batman and Punisher were in a Civil War type. Who would you join? (180 votes)

The Batman 68%
The Punisher 31%

Simple as that, lets pretend we live in a universe where there are no super powered heroes. And you are actually a vigilante.

And this conflict is basically Kill vs No Kill that has been growing through the years, etc etc . Punisher has guys that kill and Batman the opposite.

Punisher guys are klling Batman guys, Batman guys are helding Punisher guys in the Batcave.

I know theres already an extensive debate like this but, this one is with you actually taking part of the conflict.

Would you change team during the conflict?

Who would you join? Would you actually kill as a vigilante? Would you let the villains alive?

Imagine this conflict is in your city.

No Caption Provided

• 
PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for cosmic-tactician
cosmic-tactician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The argument would be very intense and I think it would come to a confrontation of great intensity when one of the bat family is on the chopping block.

Punisher walks into his room after a long way of getting rid of scum from the street when he hears a noise. He steps into his kitchen gun in hand as he hits his light only to realize it's not working he approaches further only to be blindsided and shoved down he sees the eyes of his adversaryand opens fire as the intruder dodges with the exception of a clean shot to the leg punisher jumps up tackling his enemy only to be grabbed by the assailant. "YOU tried to MURDER MY SON" the figure says stepping from the shadows to reveal batman punisher glares "oh it's you I figured you'd be showing up look your kid got in my way when he protected that pudgy shit stain the penguin" batman scowls before head butting punisher "enough games this has gone to far you can't just do what you want I'm putting an end to this got it." The punisher simply states him down "or what. Youll lock me away you do that and I tell your secret rich boy! Of course there's one way to end this but that's far to hard for you to stomach right." Bruce tajes Murdock throwing him across his own kitchen counter "you don't get it I don't kill not because it's to hard in fact it'd be to damned easy but I know that there's a line in which good men go bad and its to easy to cross and you have crossed if your not a hero your not even a vigilante you are w criminal" punisher steps up pulling out another gun "I'm keeping the streets safe something you won't so back off got it!" As punisher talks he just realized that Bruce was already gone

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mysticmedivh

I'd be on Batman's side because that's the side that would probably win.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I would definitely be on the Punisher's team. He gets results and it's that simple. I wouldn't kill Batman's guys however. They aren't the bad guys.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

This. Better gear, Better leader. Punisher may get results (Against Thugs and the Mafia) but he's still a psycho who if he went against most actual Villains he'd be killed. Not to low ball Frank though.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zaied  Online

Batman's side.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, obviously.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Batman. You don't have to kill a criminal to stop him.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@mysticmedivh said:

This. Better gear, Better leader. Punisher may get results (Against Thugs and the Mafia) but he's still a psycho who if he went against most actual Villains he'd be killed. Not to low ball Frank though.

You're really low balling him. The general impression is that Punisher goes up against some pathetic losers who doesn't even deserve to mentioned, but what people fail to realise is that the people Punisher kills are extremely f*cking tough. Sure, Frank can't kill guys like Kingpin or bullseye because they are shared villains in a community of various superheroes with vast histories, thus they are protected by the writers, but that doesn't mean that the single arc villains frank goes up against are anything to scoff at.

Guys like Barracuda or Pitts are horrible monsters who walk through pain as it was nothing. Pitts was thrown out of a window, was impaled on a fence,on which he was further dragged down after punisher jumped out of the window and landed on Pitts. Pitts then ripped of the fence, and was still dragging his ass over to Frank. Punisher shot him in the face afterwards, and Pitts took to more steps before he died.

Plus, the whole idea behind Punisher is that he's the kind man who survives everything. He has the same kind of drive that makes him walk through bullets. Just because he shoots criminals doesn't mean he's any less skilled then the other serious fighters.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stormshadow_x

@theacidskull: Its my fault of wording. I'm just saying that if Punisher stumbled into a Fear gas or Joker gas trap without any prior knowledge. He's dead. To be honest Batman survives quite a few of is encounters simply because he knows his criminals enough or just writing. I'm not saying Frank isn't skilled just that Batman's rouges for one such as Riddler, joker and Scarecrow are more mind games than anything. Not to say Frank is a idiot when he's Cleary not. Or lets look at another Street level's rouges Gallery. Spider Man. How good can he stand up against them save for the mid tier villains such as Venom.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

He's Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@theacidskull: Its my fault of wording. I'm just saying that if Punisher stumbled into a Fear gas or Joker gas trap without any prior knowledge. He's dead. To be honest Batman survives quite a few of is encounters simply because he knows his criminals enough or just writing. I'm not saying Frank isn't skilled just that Batman's rouges for one such as Riddler, joker and Scarecrow are more mind games than anything. Not to say Frank is a idiot when he's Cleary not. Or lets look at another Street level's rouges Gallery. Spider Man. How good can he stand up against them save for the mid tier villains such as Venom.

I do see your point, but that's kind of the thing, Punisher wouldn't go in facing the Joker without any knowledge about he operates or something like that.

And Spider-man is a bit out of Punisher's ball park if you ask me, some of the villains are very very powerful, though there are a few Punisher could take out. I'd say Frank is on par with someone like DD.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yeah, I'd say Frank Could give each member of the Batfamily some trouble.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

punisher, then i'd just shoot batman and get it over with. what a lame character

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSilentRipper

I don´t have an anwer yet , I´m trying to figure who looks more badass in that pic...

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with Frank.

Gigantonigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, because killing is wrong. Simple but true

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Cloakx14

Batman.

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I like Frank more as a character I'd have to get with Batman.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, so I could hang with Dick and Tim.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman because he would win and the punisher kills for fun. If you think about it the punisher is what batman fears he would become if he chose to kill the joker.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. You don't have to kill a criminal to stop him.

His methods are ineffective...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for frank_castle757
Frank_Castle757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Frank_Castle757

Punisher

I've never understood why a lot of these comic book purists have such a problem with his methods.

Frank gets shit done, period.

I love Batman, but how many countless innocent lives could he have saved over the years if he just would've ended the Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, etc instead of constantly trying to rehabilitate a bunch of psychotic lost causes who always inevitably break out of prison/Arkham Asylum anyway? He doesn't really accomplish anything when you think about it. At least Frank is wiping tons of murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc off the street and thinning out the numbers a bit, even if wiping out every criminal is an impossible task.

It's not as if Frank is just some hothead brute either. The guy is an awesome military tactician with an unbreakable will and an undying lust for vengeance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Punisher.

LET THE WORLD BURN

No Caption Provided

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher.

If Batman wants to play Grab-@$$ for the rest of his life with a clown, that's his own business. When said clown starts killing people, it becomes everyone's problem, and I don't like problems, but I'm sure there are many calibur solutions to this clown problem, and any flightless bird, scarecrow, and snowmen infestations that may arise.

In short, I'm not gonna kill everyone, and I'm probably not gonna kill Batman (until he gets in the way of me solving problems.) But for that special type of psycho that calls Gotham City home, I'll do what I have to for a greater good. I mean, someone how to clean up the city, right?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@uugieboogie: Like Punisher is any better.

How many people has Joker killed on Batman's watch?

Bad argument that everyone uses to say Batman should kill. Batman does his job, and he does it well. He puts Joker away time and time again. It's the court's fault for not giving him the gas chamber, or Arkham's fault for building such a crappy penitentiary that it can't hold a clown. Sure, he could kill the Joker, but someone will take his place. Killing criminals doesn't stop crime, they just get replaced with more criminals. All it does is make you yourself a criminal.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:
@the_stegman said:

Bad argument that everyone uses to say Batman should kill. Batman does his job, and he does it well. He puts Joker away time and time again. It's the court's fault for not giving him the gas chamber, or Arkham's fault for building such a crappy penitentiary that it can't hold a clown. Sure, he could kill the Joker, but someone will take his place. Killing criminals doesn't stop crime, they just get replaced with more criminals. All it does is make you yourself a criminal.

So Batman is insane? He does the same thing over and over and expect a different result? He doesn't do his job good at all. He arrest them he KNOWS they'll get out and kill more people yet he does nothing about it. If doesn't want to kill them why not build his own prison or help the city to make the prison harder to break out of. Joker has killed men, women and children including one of Batman's wards.

A dead murderous psychopath < the lives of countless innocent people

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kill one, save a thousand

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:
@uugieboogie said:
@the_stegman said:

So Batman is insane? He does the same thing over and over and expect a different result? He doesn't do his job good at all. He arrest them he KNOWS they'll get out and kill more people yet he does nothing about it. If doesn't want to kill them why not build his own prison or help the city to make the prison harder to break out of. Joker has killed men, women and children including one of Batman's wards.

One can call the Punisher insane too then. He kills a drug lord, and what? Thinks the area will be done? All sunshine and roses? Nope, another drug lord will take his place, again, and again. Batman operates inside the law (well, as much as a vigilante can) and still catches criminals. And build his own prison? That's unlawful detainment, the cops will come after him just as if he were to murder someone. If you are a cop, you don't just shoot a drug dealer on the spot, you detain and arrest him and hand him over to higher authorities, that's what Batman does.

It's not up to Batman who decides who lives and who dies. He's not judge, jury or executioner.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MakkyD

Punisher, cause then I can use better equipment without the fear of enemy casualties.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

In Punisher MAX, Frank wipes out the east coast mob and crime rates drop dramatically in that region for years. However, Batman only ever perpetuates violence and more often than not is the prime cause of it.

Despite what silly, feel-good superhero comics tell you, the ends do justify the means.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:
@uugieboogie said:
@the_stegman said:

If you read Punisher you would understand that killing countless thugs and powerful people would just result in more death as new people take over the previous person's position or place. Frank kills one dude, and in the next comic there is an even bigger threat, or someone takes that person place.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@sprior93 said:

@the_stegman:

In Punisher MAX, Frank wipes out the east coast mob and crime rates drop dramatically in that region for years. Batman not only perpetuates violence, but he's also the prime cause of it more often than not.

Despite what silly, feel-good superhero comics tell you, the ends do justify the means.

And then crime comes back. And, some wackos may be inspired by Batman to become wackos, and he takes them down too. It's not a feel good feeling, Killing criminals is against the law, making Punisher the very thing he fights against. His methods are no more effective than Batman, only he has blood on his hands to show for it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Black_Arrow

@uugieboogie said:
@the_stegman said:
@uugieboogie said:
@the_stegman said:

Batman has tried to improve the security at Arkham Asylum, but mostly the criminals get out because someone outside gets them out (or as a side effect of this). Batman tries to lessen the kill count of this villians until he catches. Batman doesn't only do that but he tries to help the people of his city in anyway he cans so he does good by doing the same thing every night. I am not even considering that with his efforts he managed to wipe crimes off his city for some time (the truth is that he had some help from the Black Glove), but he always keeps the crime rates lower in his city and he also saves tons of lifes. It isn't his only job to take out the criminals but to also help Gotham as a whole in whatever it needs (for this he mainly uses Bruce Wayne). I am not even saying that he managed to inspired a good amount of heroes who save lives doing much more good that the Punisher has ever done.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I think should Batman really be American ?

What

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: Well from an outsiders point of view the main two are Americans are pro death penalty and love there guns with a shoot first ask questions later attitude... so really the opposite of Batman, i know that not all Americans are like this its just the current stereotype..

That's a sad and inaccurate generalization of America.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:
@sprior93 said:

@the_stegman:

In Punisher MAX, Frank wipes out the east coast mob and crime rates drop dramatically in that region for years. Batman not only perpetuates violence, but he's also the prime cause of it more often than not.

And then crime comes back. And, some wackos may be inspired by Batman to become wackos, and he takes them down too. It's not a feel good feeling, Killing criminals is against the law, making Punisher the very thing he fights against. His methods are no more effective than Batman, only he has blood on his hands to show for it.

Yes, of course crime comes back, but my point is that it was drastically reduced for a long period of time i.e. Frank actually made a tangible difference; Batman doesn't.

Killing criminals is against the law

I hope you're aware that being a vigilante is against the law. Especially one that brutalizes and terrorizes criminals on his own terms, with little regard for the justice system. Also, fun fact: Batman has killed multiple times.

I'd also like to note that Frank has never manipulated or militarized children.

His methods are no more effective than Batman, only he has blood on his hands to show for it.

Are you actually implying that Batman doesn't have blood on his hands? coughJason Toddcough

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: Very sad :( that this is what America looks like to much of the world... but i only have to walk around the corner and i can see the exact same attitude here as well its not countries but people that have certain behaviors- so sometimes i think well if this is the current view of Americans perhaps Batman should not be American but then again he is a symbol to strive for to inspire other Americans and other people around the world to seek justice over murder

So basically..... racism?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koshi_waza88: Batman is a real world symbol for justice? Sure, maybe to a ten year old.

@wrglfan2814 said:

Batman, Punisher's a serial killer.

Batman is a neurotic, child endangering vigilante......who's also murdered people.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WastelandMan

Batman.

I'd only be for killing if it's necessary. With Batman, it's pretty much never necessary.