If any DC hero could have any Lantern Corps ring...

Knightof24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Knightof24

I did a search function for this and I didn't see a forum for this so I figured I could make this.

If any DC hero could have any Lantern Corps ring which one would be the strongest. As we all know the Lantern Corps rings are powered by emotions and various other aspects of humanity, so who would become the most powerful compared to anyone else with a ring that suits them. This is really started on the grounds that people say Batman with a Green Lantern Corps Ring becomes more powerful then Superman, but what would happen if superman had a ring? Would Batman still have more willpower and imagination then him? What about everyone else?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

IIRC Batman actually got offered a yellow ring before. 

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emperorb777

Superman could have been the Green Lantern for earth instead of Hal Jordan only problem was Lanterns have to actual be from the sector they protect and Superman wasn't so Hal got the position.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

@Immortal777 said:

Superman could have been the Green Lantern for earth instead of Hal Jordan only problem was Lanterns have to actual be from the sector they protect and Superman wasn't so Hal got the position.

So Martian Manhunter could have gotten the Green Lantern ring. Now that would be overpowered.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emperorb777

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

So Martian Manhunter could have gotten the Green Lantern ring. Now that would be overpowered.

I doubt it since the Guadians IIRC had problems with the Martians so don't think the ring would choose anyone from that race.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

@Immortal777 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

I doubt it since the Guadians IIRC had problems with the Martians so don't think the ring would choose anyone from that race.

I forgot about that, but if a Green Martian was really the only choice you'd think they can make an exception. If he is the best at being able to overcome fear. There's a Green Beetle on Young Justice which is a Green Martian with a Reach scarab, imagine if that character also got a Lantern Ring. Heh.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KnightRise

@Immortal777 said:

Where'd you see this?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emperorb777

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

I forgot about that, but if a Green Martian was really the only choice you'd think they can make an exception. If he is the best at being able to overcome fear. There's a Green Beetle on Young Justice which is a Green Martian with a Reach scarab, imagine if that character also got a Lantern Ring. Heh.

I thought Lantern rings and scarabs where enemies?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

@Immortal777 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

That is also true. Not sure if it is on Young Justice though. Mine was more of a hypothetical though anyway.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emperorb777

@KnightRise said:

@Immortal777 said:

Where'd you see this?

In Action Comics #642.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emperorb777

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@Immortal777 said:

That is also true. Not sure if it is on Young Justice though. Mine was more of a hypothetical though anyway.

As I see it anyone who isn't a regular human with a Lantern ring would be powerful.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Decoy Elite said:

IIRC Batman actually got offered a yellow ring before.

That would make a hell of a elseworld story.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SavageDragon

I think Barbara Gordon would be cool with a ring

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Immortal777 said:

Mastercodex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mastercodex

Hulk with a red power ring

Hulk is as powerful as he is angry

The red ring is powered by anger

That's basically a match made in heaven there

Knightof24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Knightof24

A lot of focus on the green and yellow rings.

@SavageDragon: I agree

@Decoy Elite: What if Scarecrow got a yellow ring. Then he would be able to use his fear gas to amazing proportions

@Mastercodex: But doesn't the red ring also use your blood. Hulk wouldn't be able to heal with that.

Sorry I'm not posting a lot, my friend said I can only post so much per day when I start and I don't want to make the mods angry at me.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Knightof24: He got one in Blackest Night. It wasn't anything special. 
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Decoy Elite said:

No, it was AMAZING

Until Lex Luthor took it >grumble mumble<

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Icarusflies said:

@Decoy Elite said:

No, it was AMAZING

Until Lex Luthor took it >grumble mumble<

I was unimpressed with Blackest Night overall. Didn't help that the trade was terrible.
Mastercodex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mastercodex

@Knightof24: You can make 5 posts a day until you hit a certain limit, I suggest you post more just so you can overcome that hurdle. You're only at 2.

@Decoy Elite said:

I was unimpressed with Blackest Night overall. Didn't help that the trade was terrible.

The combination of all the rings should've made a black ring, not a white one. Just saying.

Knightof24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Knightof24

@Mastercodex: Okay thanks. Are you refering to color spectrums?

@Icarusflies: I don't own all of the Blackest Night comics :x Should I finish reading it online?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Knightof24: NO. NEVER illegally download comics off the internet. Try your local library, borrow it from a friend, or save up, but DO NOT just go and find it on the Internet.

Knightof24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Knightof24

@Icarusflies: Sorry D:

I thought places like mangafox and other sites like that were completely legal and paid royalties to the owners D:

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Knightof24: I've never heard of that before, but my guess is that that's not true. Most comic companies only license out digital copies to one or two sites. In the case of DC Comics, that would be Comixology, and the Amazon Kindle Fire.

Knightof24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Knightof24

@Icarusflies: Sorry, I didn't respond sooner, my post limit got used. Alright, then I guess I'll start heading towards my library.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Knightof24: No worries. And that sounds like a plan! :)