Identity Crisis= Pointless Death,Full of Plot Hole and Rape

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boynerdgeek

So are you guys agree with me regarding Identity Crisis. What is more funny is that Brad Meltzer said that Identity Crisis is "love letter" to Silver Age of DC Universe. Thus Brad Meltzer really understand the meaning of "love letter" to Silver Age of DC Universe ? DC Silver Age is era of all DC Characters happy go lucky, full of optimism (some might say goofy). The perfect example of "Love Letter" to DC Silver Age is Grant Morrison All Star Superman. Another things is that Justice League Satellite era which this story important settings (spoiler flashback of Dr.Light rape scene) is DC Bronze Age era, it is not Silver Age. So clearly something wrong with Brad Meltzer. Not to mention Brad Meltzer ultimate fanboy where he makes Deathstroke super god is cheesy and lame writing. I don't mind if you want to make character Badass but really Brad Meltzer (sigh). Identity Crisis also makes DC Heroes a jerk.

Identity Crisis is the beginning of DC bad events for example Amazon Attacks, Cry For Justice , Countdown etc. Also worth mention that Dark and Depressing Story doesn't mean it is Good Story. Sometimes Light and Fun story have better meaning and depth.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Can you just get over the fact that a lot of people like this story...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@eyedcyou: what to like ? Seriously if you're DC fans you should know better that destroy most of beloved DC Characters

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@eyedcyou: what to like ? Seriously if you're DC fans you should know better that destroy most of beloved DC Characters

Not a lot of people think that... Many consider it to be one of the best events of all time. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others dont'.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

So much b*tching

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

@eyedcyou said:

@boynerdgeek said:

Not a lot of people think that... Many consider it to be one of the best events of all time. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others dont'.

I consider it to be one of my favorites. Times change, things chage, characters die. From it, we also got a really good villain, Doctor Light.

IDK, but if you're that sensitive, you probably shouldn't be apart of any type of media.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No Caption Provided

it's a good book that shows how heroes can be vulnerable

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

No Caption Provided

I think you confuse Identity Crisis with Civil Wars.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@eyedcyou said:

@boynerdgeek said:

I consider it to be one of my favorites. Times change, things chage, characters die. From it, we also got a really good villain, Doctor Light.

IDK, but if you're that sensitive, you probably shouldn't be apart of any type of media.

He was already a good villain.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

@nickthedevil said:

@eyedcyou said:

@boynerdgeek said:

He was already a good villain.

Barely. His only good appearances were through suicide squad, and even that was short-lived.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's called story telling dude. It was a unique story that went where other popular comics rarely went. It was extremely well written and it didn't destroy characters in the way you think.

It showed us a more human side to our heroes and in a world where these people are made put to be untouchable gods, I think we need more stories like this.

Read it again.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to like it. But that was because it was the first comic "event" I read.

I re-read it about 3 months ago... I immediately sold it on Ebay lol

Have to agree with you on it, although nothing wrong with people liking the mini-series.

I just can't appreciate comics whenever they do things like PIS and even worse things.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackhawk000111

It one of my favorite event

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: so where are the plot holes you mentioned in the title?

this is a very well liked event and got great critical reception. it showed how each hero is vulnerable and humanized everyone.

characters die all the time, wasnt really pointless as it showed consequences of the death and was a fantastic twist and mystery.

who really gives a f that sue was murdered when was she actually used before that? like 30 years ago.

it seemed your real problem is the author saying its a love letter to the silver age but adding bronze age stuff? thats a complaint on the book? lmao that has nothing to do with the story of the amazing art.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By TheDandyMan

I actually quite liked it though I do have a few problems with it. For example, I don't know if I'd read it wrong (and it's been a while since I last read the arc) but, how does Doctor Light know to contact Deathstroke when he had his mind erased and wouldn't know the heroes were coming for him. I suppose he could have just spotted them out of the window but or something but I don't know.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite easily one of the worst stories DC has ever produced.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123 said:

@boynerdgeek: so where are the plot holes you mentioned in the title?

this is a very well liked event and got great critical reception. it showed how each hero is vulnerable and humanized everyone.

characters die all the time, wasnt really pointless as it showed consequences of the death and was a fantastic twist and mystery.

who really gives a f that sue was murdered when was she actually used before that? like 30 years ago.

it seemed your real problem is the author saying its a love letter to the silver age but adding bronze age stuff? thats a complaint on the book? lmao that has nothing to do with the story of the amazing art.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

@thedandyman said:

I actually quite liked it though I do have a few problems with it. For example, I don't know if I'd read it wrong (and it's been a while since I last read the arc) but, how does Doctor Light know to contact Deathstroke when he had his mind erased and wouldn't know the heroes were coming for him. I suppose he could have just spotted them out of the window but or something but I don't know.

Grapevine. Remember the scenes with Mirror Master, Deadshot and Chronos playing board games? Calculator had the JL counterbugged.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

99 Problems bro. 99 problems

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't stroke solo the justice leauge in this crisis ?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE the way they explained how Doctor Light went from an A villain to a C villain.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: PIS at it's finest.

Kyle - oh i have one of the most power weapons in the universe, the green latern ring, which can create anything i can think of.....let me punch this guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like Identity Crisis. I know it ruffled some fans' feathers, but it's a good story. It's one of my favorite crossover events.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a well articulated OP...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Huh. Didn't think anyone cared that much about it either way to be honest.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And even though it was pure PIS, Deathstoke handing those members of the JLA their arses was frickin' epic.

With that said.... Deathstroke's PIS is somewhat consistent....Therefore...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

My favorite event personally

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE the way they explained how Doctor Light went from an A villain to a C villain.

They used the same excuse for Prometheus.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

When Batman does it is one of the best comic books ever writen, but when Deathstroke does it is pure PIS, even when Deathstroke is better that Batman in pretty much all the fighting aspects.

Deathstroke had made the plan before he got into the fight.

Deathstroke faced the B Team.

Deathstroke decide the ground they were going to fight.

Deathstroke knew they were going to fight and they dont.

Deathstroke lose the fight at the end.

Still is pure PIS when Deathstroke a metahuman does it, but when Batman a normal human has a plan to face everybody is good writing.(Sarcasm)

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

They used the same excuse for Prometheus.

Yeah, sort of. It was really cool what they did for Prometheus, how they made it that his sidekick was just ruining his rep all that time, while he was comatose.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Superguy1591

It was interesting...until Deathstroke.