Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas

shanewest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If your Christmas traditions don’t include the 12 Days of Christmas, you might want to add it to your holiday activities this year. I didn’t do it until I was married. Our first year of marriage we were poor, but we wanted to do something nice for the single mom with 5-year-old son who lived beneath us in our apartment complex. Each night for 12 nights, we left a different small gift, either for the mom or the little boy, on the doormat, knocked on the door, and ran away. From a distance, we would watch the little boy’s excitement when he opened the door and saw the gift. It was a heart-warming experience that we have continued through our years of marriage.

Depending on your stage in life, you’ll have different amounts of money you could spend on gifts for the 12 Days of Christmas. The following are a few ideas for various budgets that you might fit into your 12 days of giving. It doesn’t have to be for someone you don’t know—my husband doesn’t know it, but I’ll be targeting him for the 12 Days of Christmas this year.

Board or card game

This is a fun gift because it’s a single purchase that can benefit a whole family. Look for games that would be appropriate for all the family members’ ages and would allow enough players to participate so the entire family can play together.

Coffee mug with hot chocolate

Get a set of matching mugs and include a can or a few packages of hot chocolate mix so all the family needs to add is milk. Not only does this provide a delicious treat, it also encourages quality family time as they drink the hot chocolate together and ponder who their anonymous gift giver could be.

Warm, cozy pajamas

You could actually give the gift of warmth this Christmas with a pair of footed, fluffy Jumpin Jammerz. These pajamas come in a wide variety of colors and patterns for men and women. Find out a little about your target’s likes and dislikes first so you can personalize this gift with a theme you know they’ll like.

A magazine subscription

Is there a particular magazine you know your target enjoys? This is a gift that will keep on giving all year long. Since subscriptions are often for 12 issues, you might use this as your last gift and attach a note that says, “On the 12th Day of Christmas, our gift to you is this: 12 months of reading and a little chocolate kiss.” (Adding chocolate to any gift makes it even better, plus this way there’s actually something attached to this gift.)

Source: allthingskatiemarie.blogspot.com/2012/12/12-days-of-christmas-gift-giving.html