#1 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

So the idea of this topic is what power would you give (and/or) take from a character to make them more interesting or just change the plot a little

feel free to add on to the comment above you or simply re-post with the character you would like to see altered

To start us off:

I would give Colossus kinetic energy powers(similar to Bishop), add some versatility to his character

I would take Wonder Woman's plane, when is the last time she has even used it

#2 Posted by beautifulrevery (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give Cyclops a different "setting" for his optic blast if you will. Subconscious decision to whether it involves heat or just pure directional force like it is now.

I would take a portion of Superman's superspeed. Seriously, that's Flash's territory.

#3 Edited by Havenless (1618 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give Angel the power to enhance and suppress ambient lighting, allowing him to 'glow' and illuminate a darkened area, or cause a room to go pitch black at will. One facet of this will be somewhat like what Jubilee can do, where Warren could really turn it up and blind a sentinel or create a beacon. On the flipside, his suppressant power could be used in synergy with a Wolverine or Daredevil-type ally. It also fits the the theme they have going for him with the wings and healing power.

The power I would take is also from Angel: The Archangel. It was solid before when that was his identity, but now it's turned into a Hulk-esque werewolf syndrome, and the angelic wings are much more of an iconic look. What's the point of even having the normal wings if he can just pop into Archangel when he needs to fly? But I don't think you should remove it altogether from comics, instead remove it from Warren's body. Have two Warren Worthingtons running around, one an X-Man, and one his archnemesis, The Fallen Archangel. Then you can add in all the Apocalypse stuff you want with the dark one without continually going back to that well for the original X-Man. It's like the writers think, "We haven't done enough with Angel lately, what story should we focus on? I know! We'll bring back Apocalypse stuff again, fans just eat that stuff up!!" Ugh...

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give Hercules back his godly powers. I would take the martial art skills from Wolverine, he rarely uses them and they're pretty unnecessary.

#5 Posted by FiMFTW (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I would take the Loeb Force and the Squirrel Force and give them to Batman.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiMFTW said:

And watch as he becomes the king of all dimensions.

#7 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

i would make luke cage powers more like hancock from the movie and yeah he still be married he just can't age real faster unlike hancock who only ages around mary. 

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

i would make luke cage powers more like hancock from the movie.

Yeah!

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (24379 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give batman telepathy. I'd give iceman human torches powers and vice versa. It would be interesting seeing the effects and the adaptation process. I'd give nightwing shadow powers like Chris Kent. I'd give cyclops flight.

I'd take away MMHs telepathy. I'd take away Thors weather manipulation, cause it makes Storm useless. id take away wolverines healing factor.

#10 Posted by JonSmith (4071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have Batman begin studying magic in order to follow a recent case involving Etrigan. Unfortunately, Etrigan plans on it and ends up dragging Batman to hell. In order to free himself, Batman gathers a metric crap load of demonic magic, returning to Gotham with all that demonic power. Think Spawn + the Darkness powers.

Yeah, I know the whole thing about Batman being only human is key to his character.

I'm just saying for a few arcs, fan reaction to the stories (not the initial announcement and reveal) deciding how long it lasts, at which point, Batman realizes all this dark power is effecting his mind, pushing him to do things he shouldn't, and in order to free himself of it's corruption, he has to erase all memory of magic from his mind. Given his past relationship with Zatanna, that could be quite the moral dilemma, though Batman would do it, and the status quo would be returned.

#11 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (22881 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiMFTW said:

He already has 'the Goddamn batforce' and prep force..

#12 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd Give Reed Richards/Pym/Tony power to override the status quo so they can raise earth to sci-fi standards

#13 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd take away 616 Nick Fury's ability to turn into Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm not racist, or anything. I just wish they didn't cater to the Avengers movie so much that it messed with continuity.

#14 Posted by Immortal777 (7892 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give Superman the Spectre job just to see how he'd do it.

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (24379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: he would last to seconds he cant kill anyone?!?

#16 Posted by Immortal777 (7892 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: i just think it would be interesting to see how Superman would deal with the situation.

#17 Posted by AllStarSuperman (24379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: i honestly don't think he could handle it. But you can't really ditch the presence so idk what he'd do

#18 Posted by Daaerk (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

I'd take away Thors weather manipulation

You are kidding, I presume. What would be the point of Thor, the God of Thunder, if he did not have Weather Manipulation powers? But you do have a point with Storm; her powers are quite useless with a God with weather manipulation powers and much, much more powers beyond. XD

@Immortal777 said:

I'd give Superman the Spectre job just to see how he'd do it.

It would also be funny seeing Batman take up the job; he would be just as bad as Superman, if superman were to do it:). And then compare it to the Punisher or Deadpool, if they could take up the job (even though they are from a different Universe). :D

~ D A A E R K

#19 Posted by AllStarSuperman (24379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daaerk said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

I'd take away Thors weather manipulation

You are kidding, I presume. What would be
the point of Thor, the God of Thunder, if he did not have Weather Manipulation powers?
But you do have a point with Storm; her powers are quite useless with a God
with weather manipulation powers and much, much more powers beyond. XD

well hed still have lightning and energy minipulation but controling the weather makes storm useless

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battle_Forum_Junkie said:

I'd take away 616 Nick Fury's ability to turn into Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm not racist, or anything. I just wish they didn't cater to the Avengers movie so much that it messed with continuity.

they haven't messed with continuity. the black Nick Fury is the son of the white one.

#21 Posted by Spawn92 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give Aquaman the ability to somewhat manipulate water. Kind of what Magneto is going through right now but with water instead of magnetism. I would probably take away a small portion of his strength though.

I would probably give Shang Chi super durability to make his "chi tapping" powers a little more credible.

Take away heat eyes and freeze breath away from MM. At least in pre-52, his power set was too much like Supes.

#22 Posted by Nightwing4 (384 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give Aquaman waterbender abilities. I'd reduce Zoom's ridiculous time slowing powers. He shouldn't be THAT MUCH faster than Flash.

#23 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Oh, that makes a lot more sense...

Thanks for the info. :)